1. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Well I have had mine for 1 , 23 days and have always had it in a skin case. The more I look at it the more I realize what a goodlooking device it is without the case.

So, here are some questions for those of you who do not use a case;

1. How susceptible is the TP to sctraches?
    2. Are you always having to be extra careful when you set it down on the table etc.?
    3. Do any of you regret not putting it in a case?
    4. Anything else?

Thanks again.
    The Pro scratches easily - there's a thread.
    I have BodyGuardz on mine and nothing else.
    It's the next best thing to naked.
    Actually, it better than naked - no scratches.
    I have an InvisibleShield. You should at least invest in something similar. The device is very prone to scratches. The flush screen is very easy to scratch, while the shiny black plastic on the back reflects every scratch it picks up.

I don't regret the scratches I put on the device before the invisibleshield, though. I plan on using the Pro until it drops dead, so I'm not worried about resale. I do hate ANY scratches on the screen, though, and fortunately the tiny one mine sustained before the IS is microscopic.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
  5. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Thanks Berd & PDAholic. Those things scare me, I never seem to have enough patience with them, they look terrible and I end up ripping them off.

I do have a screen protector on mine that I am definitely planning to keep.

Oh well I will just keep using it in the skin case.
    I tell you Charlyee, I am usually bad at putting on screen protectors. I always get bubbles under them. The IS comes with a bottle of spray solution, and you squeeze it out with an included squiegee. It was very easy, went on straight and best of all no bubbles. I didn't install them on the sides of the device, yet. The screen and the back definitely need protected.

I would hate to have to place this device in a case. I just use Seidio's holster when I don't have a pocket. This device is so slender compared to Palm's other devices; a case would just ruin that aspect of the device for me.
  7. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    PDAholic, you have given me an idea. It is mostly the smaller pieces that I am worried about. You think I can just do the back & the screen then?
    I only did the back with Invisible shield then a different screen protector, i wanted a smooth feel not the grippy feel of the IS on the screen. I didn't bother with the sides either.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    PDAholic, you have given me an idea. It is mostly the smaller pieces that I am worried about. You think I can just do the back & the screen then?
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about the sides. Get some alcohol swabs and clean the device off really well before you start (gets the oils from your skin off the device). It is very easy. I even screwed up trying to put window tint on car in my youth, but this was nowhere near as difficult.

I agree with James, the IS version is a bit "sticky" and takes a while to get used to. Closest I can describe it is a texture like window cling. I don't use my stylus much (I mainly use my finger on the touch screen), so it wasn't too big of a deal for me.
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Thanks James & PDAholic, I will give that a try.

Now keeping in mind that I cannot even put name labels on an envelope straight; how difficult is it to take off if I mess it up the first time or the second time or the third.... ?
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Thanks James & PDAholic, I will give that a try.

Now keeping in mind that I cannot even put name labels on an envelope straight; how difficult is it to take off if I mess it up the first time or the second time or the third.... ?
    I think that if you screw it up, you ruin it. Don't worry, man. InvisibleShields come with a spray bottle, and you spray the shield down before you apply. The instructions say to spray it heavily, and that is exactly what I did. I literally had water dripping off the thing when I was done spraying it down. You have plenty of time to slide the shield into place, dab it off with a towel, then squeegee out the rest of the water underneath. I'm telling you, if I can do it, you can do it! It is really nothing like the screen protectors from the old days.
    I'll post a review of BodyGuardz with photos later this week...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  13. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAholic View Post
    ..........Don't worry, man. ....................I'm telling you, if I can do it, you can do it! It is really nothing like the screen protectors from the old days.
    Thanks for the assurance. Oh Btw, you have the wrong gender . I just ordered the BodyGuardz, the deciding factor being it was more transparent than the IS. Also the last time I tried this was with IS on my 6682 and it was a disaster so I decided to try another brand. Thanks again for all your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    Thanks much, I will be looking forward to it.
    Last edited by charlyee; 12/17/2008 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing that also. I noticed you've reviewed the Palm cradle. Could you add a comment to the review on whether the phone fits in the cradle with the BodyGuard on?

Thanks,
    G
    Okay, I've posted the BodyGuardz review: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx

George, I've answered your question at the bottom of the post, but perhaps I need to clarify it a bit: without the side parts you can use it in the desktop cradle and the brodit car cradle, but it is still a bit sticky because of the back. Don't expect silky smooth docking of the TreoPro, it takes a bit of force. The Brodit car cradle will perhaps improve over time since it is a bit elastic. Hope this helps...
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks