1.    #1  
    I'm really getting frustrated with the performance of my 800w and missing phone calls. It has gotten to the point that I can't rely on the phone for any incoming calls. Very inconsistent is the best way to describe it. For example I had it plugged into the AC charger yesterday, and when I unplugged it, I got the ringtone for voice mail that I had missed a call. I don't know how many times the phone has rung, I get 1/2 of the ringtone, and when I try to answer it, the keyboard won't respond. Most of the time, I simply get a voicemail tone that I've got a voice mail without any indication of a call. I know I'm not the only one having these issues. Has anyone contacted Sprint or Palm about them? I'm to the point of dumping this phone and going back to a 700wx. Until the cracking case issues have been resolved with the Treo Pro, I'm staying away from that phone. I know this has been discussed before, but I'm just reaching the end of my rope.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    You aren't the only one. It's been reported to Palm and Sprint. Here is a thread on the Palm support forum about it.

http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=4375

If you want to keep the 800w your only solution is to keep replacing the device until you get one that works.
    SPB mobile shell was one of my problems. But after uninstalling it no more missed calls.
    I have told all the bill collectors the reason I can't call them back is Palm and Sprints fault. I find losing calls on my Treo is a plus these days. I am forwarding my appreciation to Palm, for at least having one thing that works right.

Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    According to the Sprint technician in the Lee's Summit, MO store last night, this is NOT a known issue. The link to Palm is fabricated and there is nothing wrong with these handsets, and I am liar.

Got to love those helpful tech's. He helped me so much that after having two lines with Sprint since 1997 my wife and I are signing up for ATT today. I really appreciate him helping me see what kind of company he works for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    According to the Sprint technician in the Lee's Summit, MO store last night, this is NOT a known issue. The link to Palm is fabricated and there is nothing wrong with these handsets, and I am liar.

Got to love those helpful tech's. He helped me so much that after having two lines with Sprint since 1997 my wife and I are signing up for ATT today. I really appreciate him helping me see what kind of company he works for.
    Most of my goofy issues including the other person echoing on a call went away after i registered ae button plus. I guess the nag screen was a big resource hog
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You aren't the only one. It's been reported to Palm and Sprint. Here is a thread on the Palm support forum about it.
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...thread.id=4375
    If you want to keep the 800w your only solution is to keep replacing the device until you get one that works.
    This is a known issue and one of the most prominent on the bug list after being widely reported by quite a few long time posters. Does this mean Palm is not even working on a fix for it?

Wow. Below is a big problem in a nutshell. Here is purchaser Ilovetrains on the "800w are you happy?" thread from a couple of weeks ago after he had just bought the device:

I have to say that I am pretty happy with my 800W. Of course, I knew I wanted something that incorporated the Palm feel into an exchange server enabled phone. I want one handed usability, and really there are no other choices.
    Here he is after experiencing one of the most well known bugs, and more importantly denial it exists!

I just don't get it. this is the number one bug and one noted by users with thousands of posts, high levels of expertise and ownership of multiple wm phones! He may have gotten a crackpot tech.
    Speakerphone issues, vertical rainbow lines that return after hard reset to stock and missed calls are the big known and agreed bug issues on the 800w.
    I have the same problem at times.
    Also have SPB Mobile Shell.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

I just don't get it. this is the number one bug and one noted by users with thousands of posts, high levels of expertise and ownership of multiple wm phones! He may have gotten a crackpot tech.
    Speakerphone issues, vertical rainbow lines that return after hard reset to stock and missed calls are the big known and agreed bug issues on the 800w.
    Aero, this is not a bug and the Treo 800w is a stand alone and assisted GPS device. Palm says so. Now just mosey on and stop stirring up trouble, ya hear .