Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Personally, I love the stylus on the Diamond and Touch Pro. Real metal and the ultra-clever magnetic holder that can to unlock the screen, launch programs, etc.
    I thought the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro were so easy to use with fingers that no stylus was needed? Actually now on my 800w, I'm touching the screen more than I used to and I'm actually getting TICKED when I've got to get the stylus out at all for touch screen related features.

I think they've (all device makers) got to make the stylus an obsolete piece of hardware.

In my car last night a bug got on the 800w screen (you know, brightest light in the car, bug went straight for it). I smashed the bug with my finger, but without a flush screen, removing the bug from the screen was a bit of a hassle. The dead thing kept betting stuck in screen corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I thought the Touch Diamond and Touch Pro were so easy to use with fingers that no stylus was needed? Actually now on my 800w, I'm touching the screen more than I used to and I'm actually getting TICKED when I've got to get the stylus out at all for touch screen related features.

I think they've (all device makers) got to make the stylus an obsolete piece of hardware.

In my car last night a bug got on the 800w screen (you know, brightest light in the car, bug went straight for it). I smashed the bug with my finger, but without a flush screen, removing the bug from the screen was a bit of a hassle. The dead thing kept betting stuck in screen corners.
    I lost my stylus months ago (good riddance), and haven't been sufficiently annoyed yet to get Seidio's. 95% of the stuff I do I can just use my finger for, though I do occasionally miss it.

The flush screen is personal preference. I haven't gotten a bug stuck on my phone yet, but I HAVE dropped it hard, and I prefer my screen without scratches.

(Yeah....I'm hard on my poor phone.....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I lost my stylus months ago (good riddance), and haven't been sufficiently annoyed yet to get Seidio's. 95% of the stuff I do I can just use my finger for, though I do occasionally miss it.

The flush screen is personal preference. I haven't gotten a bug stuck on my phone yet, but I HAVE dropped it hard, and I prefer my screen without scratches.

(Yeah....I'm hard on my poor phone.....)
    You do know that there's a free screen protector inside of every box, right?
    screen protectors are a PITA to put on without getting any dust trapped. And unless they are "quality" ones, which you usually have to buy, they scratch up, decrease clarity and decrease screen sensitivity.

they're a necessary evil that should be unnecessary buy using higher quality glass screens in the first place, instead of cheapo plastic ones

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I actually bought a Seidio screen protector, which I'm *HUGELY* impressed with.

Funny story...a while back (few months ago) my 800w caught some sunlight at an angle, and I saw a long, thin, narrows scratch.

I must have freaked out for 5 minutes before I remembered I had installed Seidio's screen protector (it fits that perfectly) shortly after I got the phone.

So if I can manage to scratch the screen with it *recessed*....imagine how hard I would be on a flush screen. Ugh.

I need to get Seidio's armor for my phone...both to protect it and cover up the gouges in the side.
    I get my screen protectors from the same Company in Hong Kong. They are a two tab process. It comes with 3 screen protectors, 3 cloths and 3 small thin cardboard squares (for putting it on without air bubbles). $10 shipped.

It's hard to see but you can't tell I even have a screen protector on my device. Same with my 800.

ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    VibrantGT, have you had any ergonomic issues with the Touch Pro? I currently have one after previously having used the Centro and I'm having thumb pain and finger pain (index finger, navigation). I'm tempted to chalk it up to just the phone not being right for me and go back to the Centro. I'm not sure, though. What is your experience a phone like the Treo vs. the long keyboards? Just speaking in terms of the keyboard.
    Maybe it's my ignorance but using the Touch Pro I had one big bother in less than 5 seconds the keyboard light would go out so you use it outside or carry a light over your shoulder. Ok here's another one, I like IE & when it's open all you get is Opera mini, a lot of work there & here's my biggest hate: I nick-named it" Finger Print Magnet!". I sent it back after 2 days for the Treo Pro. My 800 goes everywhere w/me.
    I know these two phones are not in the same class...but i wish i could go back and wait for the Palm pre....that phone looks sweet. Plus im getting tired of windows mobile and their lack of improving the software..ect..
    I've got a BN Touch Pro for sale.
    cscoot you old dog you whats up m8? Here's my two cents worth. I love the 800. It just looks more buisness like, feels alittle more solid. The Pro just looks a little more trendy. I mean the two of them are pretty much the same inside. From what I've read the Pro is just tweaked abit more on the OS side. Plus my 800 hasen't started cracking around the edges. Ouch!!!! But if Palm put WM 6.5 on it and I might have another look at the Pro. I just got my second 800 from a m8 who hated it. Got him self a Blackberry Storm(nice device for being a crackberry). I'm just going to put it away for the time being. Just incase.
    All you intelligent 'geeks' replying this this thread I'm honored so I'll demote myself by saying the 800 is easier for a 'rookie(?)' like me to use. (Now what do I do w/my Touch Pro?)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    cscoot you old dog you whats up m8? Here's my two cents worth. I love the 800. It just looks more buisness like, feels alittle more solid. The Pro just looks a little more trendy. I mean the two of them are pretty much the same inside. From what I've read the Pro is just tweaked abit more on the OS side. Plus my 800 hasen't started cracking around the edges. Ouch!!!! But if Palm put WM 6.5 on it and I might have another look at the Pro. I just got my second 800 from a m8 who hated it. Got him self a Blackberry Storm(nice device for being a crackberry). I'm just going to put it away for the time being. Just incase.
    If they bring out 6.5 we've got to see what we can put into 800's!
    Just a thought, if the 800 was 'played' to the customers as a 'temporary' item it makes me think of the lemon law & BBB. we can't all keep buying the new phones every time one comes out especially w/only afew minor(?) updates to them.
    Been months since I've seen this thread. Well, I've got a Touch Pro now and agree with everything I said here before .
    I'm a big fan of the 800w. I have not had the problems that some around here have reported. Mine has been very stable, very fast and responsive. I dont like the Touch Pro. It just does not work for me. I want to like the Treo Pro but its going to be hard without the rubberized paint, soft buttons or the vastly superior 800w keyboard. If the RAM issue remains unresolved It would bee a deal killer. Since it sounds like you like your 800w, I would just stick with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the 800w. I have not had the problems that some around here have reported. Mine has been very stable, very fast and responsive. I dont like the Touch Pro. It just does not work for me. I want to like the Treo Pro but its going to be hard without the rubberized paint, soft buttons or the vastly superior 800w keyboard. If the RAM issue remains unresolved It would bee a deal killer. Since it sounds like you like your 800w, I would just stick with it.
    You're right, if doesn't work for you then stick with something that does. For instance you like rubberized paint and I just think its so 2005 (out dated). The 800 keyboard is ok but nowhere near the 700wx or big buttons on the Touch Pro. Again, I agree, stick with you like.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I've had all three. I currently have the 800W, and I like it the best.

Touch Pro felt bulky, and I didn't like turning the phone around in landscape mode to type something. I do like the HTC interface, though.

Treo Pro was a fingerprint magnet and the keyboard was too small. I was constantly wiping it off with a polishing cloth.
    Last edited by glenada; 03/01/2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Add info
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    With all the good advice given me & my experience w/2 out of the 3, the 800 is so far the best phone I've had yet.
    The 800w is the best choice. I have had the TP but I had it on VZW and it was a nightmare! Im waiting on a Pre style with WM 6.5. I think this will be the next big release when they release 6.5 in Q4 2009 for Palm and Sprint at least they should if they want to stay afloat!
    Treo 800w
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123