Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had 6700 a long time ago (see sig) and it was awful. At the time I was way overwhelmed, it was my first PDA. It turned me off and went back to flips (see sig). Then got a Treo 700wx and was hooked. About 6 months ago I picked up a 6700 on craigslist for $75. Loaded a kitchen WM 6.1 ROM and it was good. It had 2 faults that made me ditch it (there were more). No GPS and the earpiece audio was way to low plus real uncomfortable on my ear. Other than that it was a bigger 6800 with a few features left out. The Apache forums are still pretty happening.

Still favorite PDA is the 700wx. The day it arrived from UPS and I took it out of the box was a damn good day. I remember the smell. I was the first to have company pushmail. Everyone else was using GoodLink or whatever its called. That thing was so solid. When I ordered the 800 I was so hoping for the same experience. It wasn't to be though.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    We both have Garmin XT and his lags almost a full block behind our position when driving a slow city speeds. The 800w has almost no lag and locks on the satellites in less then half the time. )
    I have used them side by side and I and others who have used garmin on the 800w see considerable lag. That is why so many people are using GPSgate withte 800w despite gpsgates problems, because you need it to run TomTom but tomTom is not as laggy as Garmin on the 800w.

I found the Treo Pro as snappy running every other application and use compared to the 800w.
    Maybe it's time to get a Blackberry. What's to say we won't have the same problem with the Treo Pro after a few months. The lack of support from both Palm and Sprint is really irriating especially since the 800w has only been out a few months. Blackberry forcasted 30% growth for next quarter based on release of several new phones - hopefully the long rumoured model with the touch screen and keyboard will come out for Sprint! If not a Sprint Storm looks promising. I've loyaly used Palm products since the days of the organizers with the green screen, but maybe it's time to move on. Anyhow I'll give them until my next rebate kicks in and we see what CES brings next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    WOW!

It is a shame though that Best Buy is innocent in this "play" and having to EAT part of this cycle of returns. True the manufacturers have been using us as 2nd tier Beta testers, but sellers like Best Buy are getting caught in the middle. At the very least, Best Buy loses in time and money returning these devices.
    It is what it is.......Sorry!

Best Buy gets over like a fat rat by charging $99 for something that I can get elsewhere for $69. (ie. Jabra SP700) Or charge me $35 for a 4GB micro SD card when I can go to Radio Shack and get a 8GB for the same price same brand.

It's not the best ethical practice, but for me it's better than paying $349 for a 800W, getting stuck with it and then having to pay another $349 for a Treo Pro.

If you feel that I should take the post down to minimize the snowball effect, I will.

But that is my plan and I'm sticking to it............... Sorry!

It's Christmas time.....They''ll be a million returns after the X-Mas holiday anyway...Mine will blend right in.....
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 12/19/2008 at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    It is what it is.......Sorry!

Best Buy gets over like a fat rat by charging $99 for something that I can get elsewhere for $69. (ie. Jabra SP700) Or charge me $35 for a 4GB micro SD card when I can go to Radio Shack and get a 8GB for the same price same brand.
    Well Best Buy also has newer buildings in better locations, so they pay more to stay in business. More employees and so on... (Radio shack has 33,900, Best Buy has 150,000.) They're not "getting over", they're trying to not be like Circuit City, having to close more stores. I'm not saying you should pay more if you can find a better deal, but I'm saying there is a reason other than trying to work you over, for their having high prices.

If you feel that I should take the post down to minimize the snowball effect, I will.
    Totally not my call to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Well Best Buy also has newer buildings in better locations, so they pay more to stay in business. More employees and so on... (Radio shack has 33,900, Best Buy has 150,000.) They're not "getting over", they're trying to not be like Circuit City, having to close more stores. I'm not saying you should pay more if you can find a better deal, but I'm saying there is a reason other than trying to work you over, for their having high prices.

Totally not my call to make.
    I took the post down. I'll just have to make it up to Best Buy (and Sprint)another way somehow. I figure one from each, will get me 60 days...... January is right around the corner.
    I deleted my response.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12