1.    #1  
    Dieter has made it through round 3 of the Smartphone Round Robin and got to use his main brain this time around. He's finished with the Treo Pro and has posted his full review.</p>

Dieter explains exactly what a "Treo" is and what distinguishes it from other smartphones. He talks about the Treo having one step access, giving us the ability to do many things with one hardware button, and with no configuration whatsoever.

Dieter also talks about the legacy of Windows Mobile Treos and how the Palm Treo Pro fits in.

Head over to WMExperts and read Dieter's full review. It's a great read and I'm sure you'll learn something.

This is an Official Round Robin Contest Thread!
    meh
    what happen to previous thread??
    what previous thread are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    what previous thread are you talking about?
    I think i've seen couple round robin threads...
    one i'm asking is starting with Dieter asking few questions-

Just curious
    Global Posts
    2,653 Global Posts
    Thanks for the review Dieter I appreciate your comments. I am thinking about replacement device for my 750 which I've had for a while. The Treo Pro was my first choice initially and its still in the running but there are other possibilities I Like as well the epix and the fuze although I am hesitant about a slider, and either the bold or BB8900 when it gets to ATT. I am pretty ste on ATT as VZN and TMo really dont have much to any presence now. Dont like sprint either. So thanks for your thoughts on the pro. I'm keeping my options open but must admit I'm leaning a little towards either the epix or a BB Still dont know for sure. The Pro may be coming to ATT I think the toes in the door.
    I spent much of November trying out the Treo Pro myself. (But I kept my Treo 680 with me just in case I started having withdrawals) I really liked the Pro form factor. The keys were a little close together for me, so I had to slow way down or I would make a ton of mistakes.
    I tried really hard to learn (and like) WM6.1, but I guess it's just not there for me yet. I even bought a Redfly to enhance the experience. I was somewhat discouraged with only a few of the TREO-LIKE shortcuts infused into the PRO.

I use the calendar functions as much as the contacts. I have almost 2000 contacts and almost 500 calendar related events. The WM user interface for contacts and calendar is not near as intuitive as the Palm OS. Palm has much simpler shortcut features.

What I did likeabout the Pro, was the bluetooth performance. It would connect quickly every time and stay connected. The sound was loud and clear no matter where what. I was using a new Palm branded BT that I bought with the PRO. It was made by Plantronics and is like their Voyager 665.
    I sent the Treo Pro back last week & went back to my 680. I can do everything on this device with my eyes shut. (I started out in the smart phone world with a Treo 600 in January 2004)
    I have never had a blackberry of any kind, but this BOLD looked really good to me. Now I have the BOLD and have been learning what all this crackberry talk is about. I can see why lots of people like this OS. I have three more weeks to decide if I keep it. With the teases from Palm and their CES announcements... I don't know if I can do it
    That is one of the best reviews I've ever read and made me realize why I love treos so much but still look at some other phones with envy. It also explains why I keep going back to treos. I can't wait for the Treo Pro to come out.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Agreed, this review just makes me want a Sprint Treo Pro more.
    Quote Originally Posted by amdxmania View Post
    I think i've seen couple round robin threads...
    one i'm asking is starting with Dieter asking few questions-

Just curious
    Just moving on to another thread.
    Just call me Berd.
    i don't seem to see much different from 800w, but by its look, i don't mind switch lol
    I had previously overlooked this:

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1968-2.htm

Kinda nice Visual Comparison.
    Just call me Berd.

It does show how much thinner the pro is to the 800.
    Just call me Berd.

These are nice comparison shots. The only thing holding me back from the Treo Pro is closeness on the keyboard.

I am hoping to hold one when it homes to sprint.

Regards
    graylion
  15. JwY
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    These are nice comparison shots. The only thing holding me back from the Treo Pro is closeness on the keyboard.

Regards
    I got used to it after a few days. It could still be better though.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    the one thing I have to give to the 800w is that keyboard, its delicious. Other than that the pro is clearly the best treo palm has put out. It really makes the 800 look very bulky indeed. Oh and how they placed that speaker is brilliant! I also Like how they caught up with the headphone jack and extended battery life. Looks like a sweet sphone indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by graylion View Post
    Regards
    I tried it for about three weeks doing a whole slew of tests between it and my 800w before giving it to a relative vising from Europe. I will be getting the sprint versions to try when it is released in a couple of weeks.

On the keyboard after five days I got completely used to it. It may help to consider how you felt about your first palm keyboard. I never thought I would get used to my first and in a few days I was. Fortunately with Sprint you have 30 days to see if the keyboard suits you well.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    what are the apps tat are on Palm OS now? how are they compared to win mob, android and iphone?
    can this be unsticked now as round robin is obsolete now?