1.    #1  
    I just got my Treo 800w and I loaded it up by backing it up with the Sprite Backup I created following Sprite's directions on how to do this with a new machine with a new platform (it came from a Treo 700w).

Everything seems to be working however when sending an email or a text message it didn't find the Contact like my old Treo did. Neither did the Lookup field for dialing off the Today page.

So I went to click on Contacts and it acted like it tried to open it by having Contacts show up on the upper left hand corner of the Treo but it vanished without anything opening.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Have you tried syncing your contacts using AS/WMDC?
  3.    #3  
    No because I don't use Vista. I am using the latest version of ActiveSync.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCNative View Post
    No because I don't use Vista. I am using the latest version of ActiveSync.

Okay, well I asked if you had tried with either ActiveSync (AS) or (/) Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC).
  5.    #5  
    Ah. Well, yes, I used AS then. But it still doesn't work..
    You cannot restore your contacts from WM5 onto a WM6 device.

You can beam them (via infrared or bluetooth), you can sync them (various methods to do so including ActiveSync), or you can reenter then again.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You cannot restore your contacts from WM5 onto a WM6 device.

You can beam them (via infrared or bluetooth), you can sync them (various methods to do so including ActiveSync), or you can reenter then again.
    I have synched it up since the Restore and it doesn't work.

I was thinking I would have to start from scratch - if I hard reset and then restore but don't include the Contacts should I be able to then synch up? That would be a lot less trouble if I could do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCNative View Post
    I have synched it up since the Restore and it doesn't work.

I was thinking I would have to start from scratch - if I hard reset and then restore but don't include the Contacts should I be able to then synch up? That would be a lot less trouble if I could do it...
    In order to sync to get your contacts you would need to:

1) Take your old phone and sync to your desktop (or through another program such as Dashwire). You may need to create a new profile for this on your desktop (for ActiveSync).
    2) Wipe your new phone clean.
    3) Sync down from your desktop or other program onto your new phone.

You cannot just sync after you broke the contacts database. Activesync won't fix it.