Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Question.

1. Is the 800w using polling or push on the Microsoft Exhange 2007?
    2. I dont get Outlook email alert on my screen saver. How about you?
    3. Only on the INBOX folder you get the alert on the TODAY screen. Other folder does not get any alert on the TODAY screen right?

I wonder if it is Microsoft bugs or 800w bugs?

How to fix any of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Question.

3. Only on the INBOX folder you get the alert on the TODAY screen. Other folder does not get any alert on the TODAY screen right?

I wonder if it is Microsoft bugs or 800w bugs?

How to fix any of this?
    1. If you're using Exchange ActiveSync it is 'push'.
    2. I don't use the screensaver but I believe that is by design.
    3. You are correct, Inbox is the only folder that triggers an alert. This is by design and I don't care for it but there's not much that can be done as far as I know. Outlook on the desktop behaves the same way.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    1. If you're using Exchange ActiveSync it is 'push'.
    gk is right if you setup your mail as Exchange.

You can manually setup your e-mail server (even if it's Exchange) as POP or IMAP, provided the server has those enabled. You need to set it up manually though as an e-mail server, and not an Exchange server.

2. I don't use the screensaver but I believe that is by design.
    Again, correct.

E-mails don't "activate" the screen when not using the screensaver. They work different than SMS, which will activate the screen.

3. You are correct, Inbox is the only folder that triggers an alert. This is by design and I don't care for it but there's not much that can be done as far as I know. Outlook on the desktop behaves the same way.
    In your mail:

Menu -> Tools -> Manage Folders

You can then check which folders your device will sync to.

If you have rules setup on your Exchange server (as I do) to move e-mail automatically, then you can move a lot of the junk e-mail into subfolders, and not sync those folders so that you never see them on your phone. If you do need to see them or sync them, then you can select to do so here, and even if you have a rule on the Exchange server to move the e-mail, I believe you will still get notified of it (I seem to remember testing this, and am pretty sure that's what happened, but can't remember for 100% sure).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you have rules setup on your Exchange server (as I do) to move e-mail automatically, then you can move a lot of the junk e-mail into subfolders, and not sync those folders so that you never see them on your phone. If you do need to see them or sync them, then you can select to do so here, and even if you have a rule on the Exchange server to move the e-mail, I believe you will still get notified of it (I seem to remember testing this, and am pretty sure that's what happened, but can't remember for 100% sure).
    Negative... The rules will work and route mail properly and you will see the mail on your device but you will not get notifications for the mail unless it goes to the Inbox.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.