1.    #1  
    It's kind of annoying to have programs running in the background that I'm obviously not using....

is there a program that just closes out the program when I exit it?

Thanks
    There are tons of apps out there that provide the functionality you're seeking.

My personal favorite is tMan. Many others speak of a program called QuickMenu.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I just use Microsft Task Manager. It works great.
    Used QuickMenu to create "close all" shortcut and added that to a icon in Ultimate launcher and pressing/touching that icon closes all running programs.
    I just use a mortscript mapped to a keystoke to kill the program. Here's mine "Close(ActiveWindow())"

If you're interested, I wrote some other little mortscripts and posted them on my blog @ hackernotcracker.com
  6.    #6  
    bkdude... how do you create this shortcut? I can't find the command anywhere in ultimatelaunch
    Andy,

The shortcut (.lnk) was created in Quickmenu and not in UL. In UL, I assigned this shortcut as command for one the icons. This works fine for me since I use QuickMenu anyway.
    closing the apps has just become a reflex to me. hold down the ok button for two seconds....close...close...close