1.    #1  
    I have a problem with my TP keyguard function as I have set the keyguard under the "Auto-Keyguard" applet to shut off after 5 seconds from pressing the "end", "red buttom". No matter what I do, once I press the red "end" buttom it will immediately lock the keyguard and it does not give those 5 seconds buffer in case I want to continue using the device.

This is very annoying b/c If for example I pess the red buttom to come back to the home screen, it will lock my TP instead.

Has anyone experience this same issue? And if so, is there a fix for this?
    Chester Vargas - Palm VII, Handspring Visor, T2, T3, TX, Treo 650, 680, 750, Treo Pro ==> iPhone 3GS 32GB ==> Pre Plus at&t ==> Pixi Plus at&t ==> Pre Plus at&t
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    My TP doesn't lock by pressing the end button if I am in an application, it just brings it back to the home screen.

It locks with the end button if I am at the home screen.
    You've misinterpreted that 5 second delay. It means that if you suspend your device or when it goes into standby automatically, and you power it up with the red key within 5 seconds, then it won't be locked.
    This is handy when you're walking in a supermarket with your shopping list in a note opened, and the device powers off... you quickly press the red key and you're back at your list.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
  4.    #4  
    I know that very well, been a former Palm OS Treo user (Treo 650), it also had the keyguard function.
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I know that very well, been a former Palm OS Treo user (Treo 650), it also had the keyguard function.
    Ok, I read your original message differently

When I'm not at the Today screen, one little push on the red button gives me the today screen. If I push the red button on the today screen, it will immediately lock. If I want to lock the TP without leaving the active app, I push red until it locks.

I believe that's how it's designed to be.

Are you locking the device from within in app just by shortly pressing the red button?
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Opt-End (red phone key) also should lock the screen without leaving the app.

There's a reg key to disable this functionality....."End key as home key" I believe it is....

It's in the 800w's reg key thread.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you guys for all of your help!
    800w reg key doesn't work on the pro but as ovan said, press and hold of red end key locks the pro on the currently open app.
    the keyguard function for turning on 5 secs after does work if you press the top button and should work if the device turns off on it's own after x time