Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. ihavetreo's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
       #1  
    i just got 800w today.
  2. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #2  
    Pocket Outlook works well for me. But the only other alternative that I know of is FlexMail.
  3. #3  
    I use FlexMail. Gave up on Pocket Outlook very early in the game. FlexMail does have issues, such as slow to open up large files and at times an extended period of time to negotiate with GMail. It negotiates very rapidly with Everyone.net, Fastmail and Yahoo! IMAP. There are times with the cut/paste function does not work - restarting the application takes care of that. Overall it does a good job for me.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    I use FlexMail. Gave up on Pocket Outlook very early in the game. FlexMail does have issues, such as slow to open up large files and at times an extended period of time to negotiate with GMail. It negotiates very rapidly with Everyone.net, Fastmail and Yahoo! IMAP.
    I have Flexmail, it is VERY slow to connect and download new emails. I have Gmail IMAP, Gmail POP and my own domain IMAP accounts set up. It takes a minimum of 30 seconds to connect to each account and download new emails. Poutlook takes about 10 seconds for the exact same accounts.
  5. #5  
    Maybe faster, but what problems do you experience with Pocket Outlook? My problems were multiple disconnects, not connecting at all, emails just sitting...
  6. #6  
    Actually, I haven't had any issues with Pocket Outlook. It more or less does the job, I just wanted to try another email client and Flexmail is about the only other alternative out there. I think there's one called Profimail but I don't care for the look of it.
  7. #7  
    Pocket Outlook seems to do the job for me. I use it to link up to Gmail IMAP, my broadband email and to sync with my Outlook 2007 email account on my laptop. Never had an issue (had the phone 4 months now). I also have it setup to send and receive manually. Guess from what I'm reading I'm one of the lucky few with no issues with Pocket Outlook.
  8. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #8  
    I am using Outlook with my work computer which use Exchange 2007.

    All seems to be working well. I get my work email on my phone quicker than at my work web outlook.

    It seems like is push right? I hope my 800w is not doing the polling.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdbenoit View Post
    Pocket Outlook seems to do the job for me. I use it to link up to Gmail IMAP, my broadband email and to sync with my Outlook 2007 email account on my laptop. Never had an issue (had the phone 4 months now). I also have it setup to send and receive manually. Guess from what I'm reading I'm one of the lucky few with no issues with Pocket Outlook.
    How do you configure it to work with gmail imap?
    Laissez Faire
  10. #10  
    Flexmail supports IMAP IDLE (for gmail and non exchange stuff), which poutlook does not.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    How do you configure it to work with gmail imap?
    To configure WM6 to use gmail IMAP (not IDLE), see here:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    To configure WM6 to use gmail IMAP (not IDLE), see here:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=78886
    When I go to "Messaging" there is no option for "New email account." When I go to "My Treo" there is no option for IMAP. Is there somewhere else to open a new email account and make it IMAP? Since Gmail now allows the option of omitting some labels from IMAP, I want to try it again.
    Laissez Faire
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    When I go to "Messaging" there is no option for "New email account." When I go to "My Treo" there is no option for IMAP. Is there somewhere else to open a new email account and make it IMAP? Since Gmail now allows the option of omitting some labels from IMAP, I want to try it again.
    Those instructions are generic WM6, so I think Messaging has been changed by Palm to start up text messaging rather than email.

    You have to first get pocket outlook running, multiple ways to get there (My Treo, today plugin, etc). Once you are in it, go to Menu -> Tools -> New Account. Then you can start at Step 3 at the link I posted.
  14. #14  
    Got it set up. but I am having trouble accessing it. (I have the mail button programmed for Internet). If I want to add it to Start menu or to the messaging menu, what application or program do I put in?
    Laissez Faire
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Got it set up. but I am having trouble accessing it. (I have the mail button programmed for Internet). If I want to add it to Start menu or to the messaging menu, what application or program do I put in?
    You can copy \Windows\tmail.lnk to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Email.lnk, but you'll need Resco Explorer to do that.

    Or you can unzip the attached file and copy Email.lnk to:

    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    You can copy \Windows\tmail.lnk to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Email.lnk, but you'll need Resco Explorer to do that.

    Or you can unzip the attached file and copy Email.lnk to:

    \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
    Thanks for you help. However, I cannot figure out what either of these means. (I have Resco File Explorer but cannot figure out how to do what you suggest.)
    Laissez Faire
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    Thanks for you help. However, I cannot figure out what either of these means. (I have Resco File Explorer but cannot figure out how to do what you suggest.)
    This works for me, but I am using Resco Explorer 2005, not sure what version you are using.

    1) Download Email.zip to your phone
    2) Start up Resco File Explorer, browse to where you saved Email.zip and highlight the file.
    3) Tap-and-hold on the file and then select Zip Archive -> Extract To...
    4) When it prompts you for the destination, navigate to Windows -> Start Menu.
  18. #18  
    I think tht worked. Thanks a lot.
    Laissez Faire
  19. #19  
    I finally got IMAP to work with gmail (after much help from zbop.) But it does not seem to have check boxes next to the messages. Is there any way to configure this> Otherwise I will continue to use the web version.
    Laissez Faire
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I finally got IMAP to work with gmail (after much help from zbop.) But it does not seem to have check boxes next to the messages. Is there any way to configure this> Otherwise I will continue to use the web version.
    If you want to select multiple emails you can drag select them with the touchscreen.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w

Posting Permissions