1.    #1  
    Is there any way to turn off the screen if you are talking on the phone? If I use a headset, the phone's screen stays on and drains the battery faster. The display will dim but it never fully turns off.

Any ideas?
    I believe the TP utility that it has for the screen's timeout it was meant to dim and no completely shut off.
    You may have to wait for a third party utility.

Page 48 of the Treo Pro manual has a little note stating "you cannot turn the screen off if you are on a call".

Gary
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. Kind of a bummer.
    The reason is that if you turn off the screen while in a call, you have no way of turning it back on without hanging up.

The end button (which turns on the screen) will also hang up on the users. There's been some 3rd party apps that have done this, but that's always the problem they have.
  6.    #6  
    I understand what you are saying but you can also turn the screen on by hitting the power button on top.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIVE4SPD View Post
    I understand what you are saying but you can also turn the screen on by hitting the power button on top.
    I always forget the Pro has that button.

Can't you hit it in the call screen to turn it off?
    nope
    Hmm.

Well you could track down one of the ones that's for another phone. I know I saw a couple for the 700wx that would do it. Dunno if the power button would turn it on properly, or what. Might be worth a try.
    With other HTC's you can indeed push the power button (not the red button) while in a call, this locks and powers off. Since the Treo Pro is already locked, they must've changed that functionality, perhaps also because the screensaver kicks in when you power it off?
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    That might be worth testing. Functionality change when your turn off (disable) the screen saver?