Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    The refrigerator is ideal operating conditions according to the Treo 800w manual.
    Now, if I can only produce and market a mini snap on cooler for a Treo 800w, I'd be RICH!!!
  2.    #22  
    Anyone see an improvement on battery life? I am soooo curious since there is this debate on operating temperature.

Didn't know there was a water damage indicator. Thanks for the info. Next time I do a insurance claim I know not to lie on getting it wet.
    Okay, just a little aside here re: cool=better battery life. I have the stock battery in and took it off the charger this morning at 100%. That was around 7:45 am. I've been outside most of the day, it's been coolish here, from the mid/upper 40s to the mid/upper 50s now. I've done some moderate texting/emails/internet. One phone call that lasted about 10-15 minutes. It's 2:33 here now so that's around, what.... 6.5 hours roughly and I'm still at 82%. That seems pretty good to me. I may try the refrigerator deal after all!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    6.5 hours roughly and I'm still at 82%.
    That's excellent. If that was me before the refrig experiment, I would be down to about ~35% remaining. I live in LA and the temp was around 70's - 90's.
    After you chill your 800, remove from fridge, add butter to a saute pan. Next carmelize one onion. Add garlic, ginger and a few of you favorite veggies then add the 800. After a few minutes add saute pan contents over a bed of rice. Viola! 800 ala King.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    After you chill your 800, remove from fridge, add butter to a saute pan. Next carmelize one onion. Add garlic, ginger and a few of you favorite veggies then add the 800. After a few minutes add saute pan contents over a bed of rice. Viola! 800 ala King.
    I thought I saw one of those "instant stir fry" packages in the grocery store freezer section tonight, with a statement "just add one 800w" .
    this might not be a fridge-related question, but is it possible that a high capacity battery be made without making it a fatty? all of the extended batteries for many phones are so big, but there has to be some type of high capacity oem sized ones that aren't only 10 or 20% longer life. is it that the technology is not there? or is it that its there but its just way too expensive? anybody know?
    Quote Originally Posted by tmatma04 View Post
    this might not be a fridge-related question, but is it possible that a high capacity battery be made without making it a fatty? all of the extended batteries for many phones are so big, but there has to be some type of high capacity oem sized ones that aren't only 10 or 20% longer life. is it that the technology is not there? or is it that its there but its just way too expensive? anybody know?
    It would be way too expensive. There's simply not a lot of extra room there to play with.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12