Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    prolly a wierd question, but i just got a screen protector, and had a issue with it getting on the treo, so when i took it off, and looked closer at my screen, it looks like there is already a protector on there. i got this thing brand new in box, so i wondered if it comes with the screen protector already on.

any1 know about this
    Never ever seen a Treo come with one. I have unpackaged over 200 of them for my business for over 4 years...
    I have had a Centro and the 800w and I read somewhere in the packaged materials on both of them that they come with a built in screen protector.
    Never heard of a built in screen prorector. Treo's like most devices with screens do come with plastic to protect the screen during shipping. Hovever I would not take the chance with the touch screen and would purchase the best screen protector I could afford (Boxwave's Crystal).
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i checked the Boxwave's Crystal website, no protector for 800w.

looking at the bottom of my screen, i can see a slight "bubble" or something, like its lifting now, since i put the other one over it and took it off....

it really looks like there is a screen on this thing. i know when i had my previous treo's, there was always a protector sheet inside the box, in the package with the instructions, and i noticed this 800w didnt have that, so i dunno. but it sure does look like its on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTTi View Post
    i checked the Boxwave's Crystal website, no protector for 800w.
    Huh? A few clicks of a button brought right to a protector for the 800w. From the home page select Treo 800w in the "Accessories for My:" box.
    Last edited by SandersJC1964; 12/12/2008 at 06:53 AM.
    If you have all of the paper work that came with your 800w, look in the "Get Started" fold out manual. Under "Prepare Your Device" on the right side of the picture of the 800w, it states:

"Touchscreen with built-in screen protector".

In the Palm Centro "Getting Started" guide, on page 8 at the bottom of the page it states:

"Did you know?" There is no need to apply a screen protector. A permanent screen protector has already been applied to your device to protect it from scratches and dust.

I doubt if it would hurt to apply an additional protector to either device, but according to the supplied information, both phones do include built in screen protectors from the factory
    Yeah, Palm started doing this with the Centro.

I don't use a screen protector on either the Centro or 800w and I'm a well known stylus user ;-)

No damage, no scratches. It's tough but not invincible.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I bought one from Seido. A few bucks and you have a bit of "extra" protection
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by photonut View Post
    If you have all of the paper work that came with your 800w, look in the "Get Started" fold out manual. Under "Prepare Your Device" on the right side of the picture of the 800w, it states:

"Touchscreen with built-in screen protector".
    it does. thanks for that. i wish i could get the same kind of case i have for my 700wx model, with the hard plastic flip on the screen. they need to make that case for this model also.