1.    #1  
    google maps now has street view for windows mobile...
    and it even runs from the card and the street view works in bunches of places.
    Yeah, Phil and co. found this out earlier this morning. Nice vid of it in action.

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/st...ogle_maps.html

The graphics are much nicer now--tighter looking.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    great
    Is anyone else's search button working intermittently?

Calling search from the menu button works, but the soft key works randomly. I think it's a bug. It's not a mechanical failure of the button because when it's pressed, you can see the area around the 'search' text turn white.

The 'my location' feature is also missing.

I erased the .cab file from the previous iteration that didn't have street view.

Can anyone confirm, is v2.2.0.19 the most recent update before the inclusion of street view in v2.3.0.9?

I found v.2.2.0.19 floating around the net.
    Last edited by DCCCW; 12/11/2008 at 07:46 AM.
    How do you get the street view? I typed in Empire State Building & I cant seem to see the street view.

Once i started to program, it did mention street view & clicking OK.

How does it work on the treo?
    my location is there, click the blue dot on the right hand side
    rich on the aearch results, when you select empire state building there is an option in the list for street view below call and get directions.
    how updated are the street views? I tried it last night and there was no snow in street view of my house. do i have to be driving for current street view?
    This is definitely nicer than the other version that supported street view.

I don't know if this is new or not, but the business reviews are also great. It always bugged me that in Live Search I could see the rating of a restaurant i.e, 4 stars, but not see it side-by-side with other restaurants and I could not read the user comments. Google maps does this nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_boy View Post
    how updated are the street views? I tried it last night and there was no snow in street view of my house. do i have to be driving for current street view?
    Lol, yeah to get the "current" street view you have to be driving and look out the window.
    Now, if they can make a 3d navigtaion system with google maps
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Lol, yeah to get the "current" street view you have to be driving and look out the window.
    that's a good one. well, i was looking at some of my contacts and street view didn't seem current. i looked up minnesota and no snow. wouldn't that be nice for my travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_boy View Post
    that's a good one. well, i was looking at some of my contacts and street view didn't seem current. i looked up minnesota and no snow. wouldn't that be nice for my travel.
    There is no telling when those photos were taken. Street view isn't live, per se, and I don't know how often they update photos. The satellite view of my house, for example is at least five years old.
    Thanks!