1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Folks,
    I have an issue with SPRINT Navigation on my Treo 800W.
    After entering the address and using the navigation while driving . The voice prompts help me with the turns ( Make a left, make a right .... etc). Occasionally I miss that voice prompt and wanted to hear again before I pass that turn. How do I do that ?

In SAMSUNG instinct , they gave a little voice icon on the screen. When you tap the icon it just repeats the latest voice prompt.
    I donot know of any such thing on 800W.

I called the SPRINT customer service and tried to explained the issue. The brainless customer service team took forever to understand the issue. They kept telling me that I need to input the address once more to hear the system prompt me voice commands. It turns out two of the three technical representatives have no clue of what a GPS is and they said they never used one !!!!. I begged them to connect me with advanced support guys. This guy started reading the manual. !!!!!!

SPRINT is getting into a toilet.

Does anyone had similar issue ? or know how to fix it ?
    I usually keep the audio up high enough via my Moto T505 to hear the turns loud enough the first time. I mean when the audio is playing via your car stereo or the Moto T505 speaker right over your head, you're going to hear it .

I never found a way to "repeat" what as said, but it would be a nice feature to have. I've found though, that if you need to hit something on the screen to repeat the voice directions, you've got to take your eyes off the road to look at the screen anyway and when looking at the screen you can see the arrow and street name shown of where to turn. Repeating the voice would be best for cases where the voice mentions multiple close turns at once, since those won't all show on the screen at once unless you change from the 3D view.
    Have you tried contacting TeleNav? They are essentially the company that runs the Sprint Nav program.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I thought pressing the center button, or maybe it's the space bar, repeats the last command? I figured it out once and I was very happy that I did so, since I can barely hear the voice in the car.
    Yes, you should be able to hit the space bar for the audio prompt.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    haus, Bujin,
    Thanks much , I will try that.
    I tried this AM and the space bar does repeat the last statement said. Pressing the center button does not do anything.

Thanks for the tip.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Yes,
    The SPACEBAR does it.
    When I called PALM support, they deferred it to SPRINT support :-)

None in the SPRINT tech support knew it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    When I called PALM support, they deferred it to SPRINT support :-)

None in the SPRINT tech support knew it.
    I can totally understand Palm tossing this one to Sprint, because it's 100% a Sprint application. But given it's a Sprint application being installed on what, about all their new smart phones, Sprint being clueless...I would say it's odd, but we are talking about Sprint CS .