Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HideCarrier v1.0

Description:
    HideCarrier is a functional replacement for the original hidelogo program. It hides the carrier line, yet retains the functionality of the today screen dialer/lookup field. This saves you today screen real-estate and keeps your layout clean if you use a custom launcher/shell. HideCarrier works in stock 128DPI mode or in 96DPI mode with RealVGA.

Install:
    Install the HideCarrier CAB file (attached below).
    Go to Start Menu -> Settings -> Today -> Items and enable HideCarrier.

Usage:
    After installation and enabling HideCarrier, your carrier line should disappear. There will be a brief pause before it disappears, this is similar to hidelogo and reflects the interval that the Today screen uses to "recognize" plugin size changes.

If you start typing from the today screen, the lookup plugin will appear and function as normal. Once you are done with the lookup field, you need to move the today screen focus OFF the lookup field to hide the carrier line again. This is also how hidelogo worked.

Notes:
    This program should be compatible with most today plugins and launchers. I've tested this with UltimateLaunch, but not much else at ths point.

HideCarrier is coded specifically to address the 800w version of the Dial Lookup plugin. I don't know if this will continue to work with future Treo models or WM updates. Do NOT use this on the Treo Pro because it uses a different plugin to display the carrier.

The "Hide Lookup Field" setting of the Dial Lookup plugin is automatically selected when HideCarrier is activated. If you disable or remove HideCarrier, you will need to manually unhide the lookup field if you want it back. To do this, go to Today Screen -> Menu -> Preferences -> Hide Lookup Field and make sure that it's unchecked.

Acknowledgements:
    Mavick at ppcgeeks.com, vijay555 at xda-developers.com

Screenshots:
    The left side is before HideCarrier, the right side is after HideCarrier:

128DPI

96DPI
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zbop; 12/11/2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added comment about Treo Pro
    Nicely done!

(I won't use it, but it's still nicely done! )
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Thanks, zbop! I'm thrilled to have this capability back on my 800w, like my old 700wx. (I was too chicken to play with your earlier alpha.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Thanks Zbop, I have been waiting for this since I got the 800w
    Thanks zbop

This and Hannips Treo Alerts are the best apps I've found for the 800w
    Outstanding, Thanks ZBop!
    Quote Originally Posted by martijua View Post
    Thanks zbop

This and Hannips Treo Alerts are the best apps I've found for the 800w
    Works perfectly so far!

zbop and hannip for President (or at least governor of Illinois)
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    great!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks zbop! when doing a soft reset with the ringer switch off it still turns the plugin off. was this intended?

thanks again for a great utility!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    I have performed several soft resets with the ringer switch off today and hidelogo still removed the sprint bar.
    Thanks Zbop, great utility indeed, alongwith the one that turns the keyboard lights on and off.

Does anyone know how to get a link to the Bluetooth in SPB Mobile shell and/or for Today screen, casue the hidelogo hides the Sprint bar, which also hides the link to the Bluetooth Icon.

BigMots
  12. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Thank you zBop!!

Now, if I could just get Jinks Clear skin for PA to work on 320x320, then I would be in business.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Thanks zbop! when doing a soft reset with the ringer switch off it still turns the plugin off. was this intended?

thanks again for a great utility!
    No, that code no longer exists, so somehow you must be running the alpha version. Try removing it and reinstalling again.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Dont know how but the v1.0 install must not have loaded properly. uninstalled-reset-reinstlled and its fine. Thanks for the tip!!
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  15.    #15  
    Ahh, gremlins in the machine...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Ahh, gremlins in the machine...
    Must be 'cause It CANT be my fault!
    Great job Zbop, worked like a charm
    That is so awesome! Thanks so much for that one :-) I will admit, it takes some getting used to......I mean, functionality?!?! C'mom!
    zbop, do you think there would be any way to get dial-lookup to play nice on "SecondToday" ? Just looking for more options for customization.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    zbop, do you think there would be any way to get dial-lookup to play nice on "SecondToday" ? Just looking for more options for customization.
    Not sure. I know what SecondToday is, but I've never used it.

How is the dial lookup not playing nicely?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast