Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    No way to "pin" in SecondToday, so I'm sure you can see where I'm going with the problem list In addition to screwing up activecall, it also borkes the softkeys on the true today screen.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    No way to "pin" in SecondToday, so I'm sure you can see where I'm going with the problem list In addition to screwing up activecall, it also borkes the softkeys on the true today screen.
    lol, I see where you're going and it's a bad place....

In theory some of those problems are fixable with a lot of work, but I suspect it would just end up making things worse. I would have to use the same techniques he is using to intercept and manage the today screen and there would be just too window managers vying for control.

FWIW, I don't think it's a matter of the dial lookup plugin playing nicely, I think it's more a matter of how transparent SecondToday can make itself (from the perspective of the various today plugins).
    from what I've noticed with SecondToday, it's not really a today screen at all, but rather an application that pulls it's wallpaper from the same place the Today Screen does, and pulled it's soft keys from the same place a default WM install would, and then allows to run "today plugins"

It's basically just an app that "looks" like a today screen that does nothing but run plugins. It's not really tied into the today screen at all, if that helps.
  4.    #24  
    from what I've noticed with SecondToday, it's not really a today screen at all, but rather an application that pulls it's wallpaper from the same place the Today Screen does, and pulled it's soft keys from the same place a default WM install would, and then allows to run "today plugins"

It's basically just an app that "looks" like a today screen that does nothing but run plugins. It's not really tied into the today screen at all, if that helps.
    I have to plead ignorance here, I haven't used it and don't know how it works. However it would seem that either:

a) SecondToday keeps multiple today screens (and their plugins) loaded and actively manages which plugins are visible.

OR

b) It simply acts as a today screen switcher, and therefore unloads the non-active today screen plugins and reloads the active today screen plugins depending on which today screen you pick. If it is (b), it seems like you could write this in mortscript.

Honestly, I would have to play with it to answer properly; it might be easier if you told me exactly what's broken.
    It acts more like A, but I described it a little better in our pm's.
  6.    #26  
    It acts more like A, but I described it a little better in our pm's.
    I'm making too many assumptions at this point, I need to actually try it.

Regarding the right soft key, I'll see if I can narrow down where that's coming from. I have a feeling it is the today screen shell.
    thanks a million.
    works great! thanks!
    Works great on my end, also.
  10.    #30  

Okay, so I played with this a little, and you are right, it runs as an application and puts up a window that acts like a today screen, loading up the today plugins and servicing them. Pretty cool in concept, but easy to understand why certain today plugins have issues.

The default right softkey menu is hardcoded in TodayMgr.dll, and referenced by ActiveCallPlugin.dll. I was not able to get ActiveCallPlugin to load properly under SecondToday. If you can get it to load, you *might* get your right softkey back, but even then SecondToday may override that. The SecondToday Settings allows you to map your right softkey to launch an exe, but you won't be able to load the menu defined in TodayMgr.dll.

Sounds like you would have to leave certain plugins like the active call/dial lookup, etc on the real today screen and put other plugins on the SecondToday screen.
    bah, that's what I figured. Thanks a bunch for looking into it though! Definately gives me more knowledge about how my device works and that's never a bad thing.
    So does using HideCarrier make the "active call" screen go away? I have lost mine and I'm not sure if HideCarrier, ReallVGA, or Ultimate Launcher is the culprit.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower49 View Post
    So does using HideCarrier make the "active call" screen go away? I have lost mine and I'm not sure if HideCarrier, ReallVGA, or Ultimate Launcher is the culprit.
    No. The whole point behind HideCarrier is that it doesn't disable the Dial Lookup or Active Call plugins.

Have you verified that Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items -> Active Call is checked?
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    No. The whole point behind HideCarrier is that it doesn't disable the Dial Lookup or Active Call plugins.

Have you verified that Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items -> Active Call is checked?
    Yes, it is checked... I guess one of those other programs I have installed is the culprit.
  15.    #35  
    Have you tried a soft-reset yet? Perhaps it just got into a funny state...

You should be able to quickly test if UL or HideCarrier is the culprit by simply disabling them under settings (uncheck them, go back to the today screen and then place a call).
    I aint having any problems, I don't recall getting that screen either. I checked Active Call & I don't have that choice to check...weird. No biggy, I don't see it, I must not need it
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I aint having any problems, I don't recall getting that screen either. I checked Active Call & I don't have that choice to check...weird. No biggy, I don't see it, I must not need it
    Typically, ActiveCall is not seen in the Today Item settings, but when you install RealVGA, it makes it show up in the settings.

Not sure what's the reason behind that...
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Typically, ActiveCall is not seen in the Today Item settings, but when you install RealVGA, it makes it show up in the settings.

Not sure what's the reason behind that...
    It's the only way I could get it to all play together.

Not sure why, something about having multiple stickied plugins cause ActiveCall to freak out if it wasn't visible in that list.
    Makes sense, thanks zbop.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Zbop - When I have the date item checked along with hidelogo, the activecall screen is larger and pushes the speaker/mute icons almost off screen. Does this happen on your 800w?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast