1.    #1  
    When on wifi and the phone rings with my Blue Ant Z9 headset the callers voice breaks up.

Is this due to both radios causing interference?

also when on wifi when I check my hotmail account it always wants to dial #777. when I check my Gmail, sprintpcs and Midcontinent it does not do that.

WM experts almost locks up the phone as well if on wifi. seems to work ok but slow over 1xrtt.

My browsing speed over wifi is not much faster in pocket IE than over 1xrtt either, but skyfire works much better.
    Thanks
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    WiFi will often cause interference with BT headsets. Best to turn the WiFi off when doing calls.

Some applications are better able to tell when you have an existing WiFi connection and others assume you need to initiate a Sprint connection. In time all applications will get it right . WiFi in smart phones is something some of them are still needing to adjust to.

Don't know what the deal is with how WM Experts works for you.

Depending on the WiFi connection it may be the same, slower or faster than Sprint's. Depending on where you're at you'd have to test. I will say, I've been able to get way faster speeds from a good WiFi connection than I've ever been able to get via a Sprint EVDO Rev A connection.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, I try to use the wifi as much as possible because I don't have evdo and need the phone calls to come through when using data. I do all my browsing and posting here on the 800w.

the forums work fine but the wm experts home page stops this thing dead. I will try to do a speed test , but am thinking the 800w processor is a bottle neck.
    Just received a call while typing this post and no breakup this time.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Yea, I found with WiFi on, sometimes there are not issues with calls, but often I found there were issues. I guess it depends on if data is moving or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Yea, I found with WiFi on, sometimes there are not issues with calls, but often I found there were issues. I guess it depends on if data is moving or something.
    Wifi is a separate radio and should have zero effect on calls.

Now there are some programs that use data which will default to your data connection even when WiFi is enabled......those could cause a call to be missed (just like using your data connection normally).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Wifi is a separate radio and should have zero effect on calls.
    Then perhaps there is something else you should consider for your bug list, because way too many people have been aware of this one since way back.

Static when talking on phone

Heavy static when using a Motorola H680 headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Then perhaps there is something else you should consider for your bug list, because way too many people have been aware of this one since way back.

Static when talking on phone

Heavy static when using a Motorola H680 headset?
    I was referring to WiFi causing voice calls to be dropped, not to static. Two completely different issues that are unrelated.

The first thread certainly suggests that it's a bad/defective device. Additionally there was no mention of headset or bluetooth until your post (though certainly the OP could have intended that and simply never stated it).

Radio interference can (and does) happen on any device.

In fact, HP has a quite interesting PDF on this topic. They have a few excellent statements that sum up the problem quite well:

Because both Wi-Fi™ and Bluetooth™ wireless technology share spectrum and will often be located in close physical proximity to one another, there is concern for how they may interfere with one another.

Since Wi-Fi wireless local area networks (WLANs) and Bluetooth are complementary technologies, they will often be used in close proximity to one another. Neither Wi-Fi nor Bluetooth was originally designed with mechanisms in place to deal with the interference that each creates for the other.

How Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Interfere

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth both occupy a section of the 2.4 GHz ISM band that is 83 MHz-wide. Bluetooth uses Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) and is allowed to hop between 79 different 1 MHz-wide channels in this band.

Wi-Fi uses Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS) instead of FHSS. Its carrier does not hop or change frequency and remains centered on one channel that is 22 MHz-wide. While there is room for 11 overlapping channels in this 83 MHz-wide band, there is only room for three non-overlapping channels. Thus there can be no more than three different Wi-Fi networks operating in close proximity to one another.

When a Bluetooth radio and a Wi-Fi radio are operating in the same area, the single 22 MHz-wide Wi-Fi channel occupies the same frequency space as 22 of the 79 Bluetooth channels which are 1 MHz wide. When a Bluetooth transmission occurs on a frequency that lies within the frequency space occupied by a simultaneous Wi-Fi transmission, some level of interference can occur, depending on the strength of each signal.
    They then go on to discuss some of the various ways that each tries to deal with it, and some of the other factors. It's really quite a fascinating whitepaper.

http://www.hp.com/rnd/library/pdf/Wi...oexistance.pdf

It's not really a "bug" with the device, since it can (and does) occur between any bluetooth and wireless device (like in my case with a bluetooth mouse and my wireless access point).

I actually noticed some problems with my wireless mouse when my access point was sitting within 3 feet of the mouse/receiver. Since I've moved my wireless to the other side of the house, not only does my mouse have a lot less problems, but the range was hugely increased (from less than 2 feet to over a dozen feet).
  8.    #8  
    thanks for the explanation I figured the breakup was interference between my BT headset and using wifi on the 800w.
    Ebag333, we're having a disconnect here. Nobody was talking about calls being dropped. I responded to Palm_forlackofchoice regarding their mention of voice calls "breaking up", nothing about dropped calls. I said there are issues with calls when using WiFi and a BT headset as I had already stated. I was only speaking within the context of what I had already stated. You followed up citing one of my comments and spoke about there should be zero interference. I assumed you understood the context of my statements given I already specified BT and WiFi. Then I responded not realizing you were under the mistaken impression I was speaking about dropped calls when I never was.

We know and agree there is interference when using WiFi with calls with a BT headset. I've never said it was a bug, but stated "Then perhaps there is something else you should consider for your bug list, because way too many people have been aware of this one since way back." as a touch of sarcasm, given our misunderstanding.