Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I saw this onver at xda-developers today and remember some people asking for a full screen caller ID. I have not tested it nor do I plan on installing it. Just passing it on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450187

iCaller - simple CallerID app - alpha version 0.1.0.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iCaller v0.1.0.3 alpha

Simple CallerID application which extends system default Incoming Call screen with full-sized pictures, additional contact information and fully customized interface.

Currently, it is an alpha version, which means that it may contain bugs and do not work correctly on some devices. Please give me the feedback, I'll be fixing issues.

You may get it also at my new home site http://truburt.net/

Features:

- Lightweight
    - Expands default incoming call screen without affecting its behavior
    - Full-sized contact picture
    - Pictures can be stored on a Storage Card or in Pocket Outlook database
    - Picture can vary for the same contact depending on its phone number (just name the picture with a number, e.g. 5554433.jpg)
    - Customized interface based on HTML (using system HTMLView control, thanks for idea goes to mrproper)

ToDo:

- Screen lock functionality
    - Speed improvements
    - Bugfixing

Instructions:

- Unpack contents of the archive in a folder on your device, e.g. \Program Files\iCaller (do not forget to copy zlibce.dll too!)
    - Check settings.ini - it is configured for English version of Windows Mobile OS, you may need to replace sSysCallerWndTitle option from 'Phone - Incoming...' to your localized name of system default Incoming Call window
    - Launch iCaller.exe

For detailed instructions refer to readme.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I saw this onver at xda-developers today and remember some people asking for a full screen caller ID. I have not tested it nor do I plan on installing it. Just passing it on.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=450187
    Good find, it saves me from trying to implement one. Now we just need someone to test it, lol. Wasn't Freak4Dell asking for this?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i tried it but didnt work for me. the palm "default" caller id screen would come up over the top of this.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Yessir, zbop...I was asking for one.

I still haven't gotten around to that hard reset (I really need to do that now...I'm hearing weird noises from my phone, and earlier today, the last note/vibration on the missed call alert was sustained for nearly 30 seconds), but I'm going to try to get to it tomorrow, so I'll be testing this out.

Thanks, OP, for the info. It's actually good that it's still in alpha because that means the developer is going to be more willing and ready to make changes or additions. Once I test it, if I'm having problems like ehehat is, I'll contact the developer to try and work things out. There's actually several people that want something like this, so it would be great if it works.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    i tried it but didnt work for me. the palm "default" caller id screen would come up over the top of this.
    The readme says you might need to change this:

Issues
    If default dialer appears, check sDefDialerTitle option in settings.ini, it is 'Phone - Incoming...' for english OS, but needs to be changed for other OS localizations (e.g. I have it "sDefDialerTitle=Телефон - входящий звонок..." for Russian OS).

Settings.ini:

Code:
    ; Language
    sLanguage = english

; Theme
    sTheme = default

; Hide system default 'Incoming Call' window
    sHideSysCallerWnd = yes

; WNDCLASS of default dialer
    ; You may leave this blank if sSysCallerWndTitle is filled
    sSysCallerWndClass = Dialog

; WNDNAME of default dialer
    ; It can be either 'Phone - Incoming...' or 'Phone - Incoming' for standard WM cprog.exe
    sSysCallerWndTitle = Phone - Incoming...

; Name of folder where contact pictures are located
    sPicturesFolder = Caller Pictures

; If yes, will look for picture folder named above on first Storage Card
    sPicturesOnStorage = yes

; Use alternative call control (will not emulate Talk and End key press)
    sAltCallControl = no

; Show notification when iCaller has been started
    sShowStartNotification = yes
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Are you opening the settings .ini on your pc? i cant get it to open on my device at all.

edit: sorry, i think i got it. where can i find out what our default sDefDialerTitle title is?
    Last edited by ehehat; 12/09/2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Yes, I downloaded the installer on my PC, then edited the ini with notepad.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Have you installed on your device? i have tried both "'Phone - Incoming..." and "'Phone - Incoming" and neither hide the default caller id screen.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Yessir, zbop...I was asking for one.

I still haven't gotten around to that hard reset (I really need to do that now...I'm hearing weird noises from my phone, and earlier today, the last note/vibration on the missed call alert was sustained for nearly 30 seconds), but I'm going to try to get to it tomorrow, so I'll be testing this out.

Thanks, OP, for the info. It's actually good that it's still in alpha because that means the developer is going to be more willing and ready to make changes or additions. Once I test it, if I'm having problems like ehehat is, I'll contact the developer to try and work things out. There's actually several people that want something like this, so it would be great if it works.
    Keep us posted on your progress. It looks like a cool app. I just do not have the time right now to deal with it. Maybe over Christmas....
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Dont mean to harp, but,..where can i find out what our default "sSysCallerWndTitle" is? Tried Registry (using phm editor) and file explorer.
    Dont mean to harp, but,..where can i find out what our default "sSysCallerWndTitle" is? Tried Registry (using phm editor) and file explorer.
    You can use dot fred's taskmanager:

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    You can use dot fred's taskmanager:

http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Will give this a try, thanks! should i be looking for a registry setting? seems like that would be it but why then wouldnt it show in my current editor?

thanks again zpob!
    I'm not sure, but it sounds like that setting refers to the "Window Title" of the caller screen. You may need to bring up the call screen first, and then switch to taskmanager to find the process, then find the associated window(s) for that process. They usually have a title and a classname associated with each window that identifies it.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Forgive my "newb-ness" but this isnt working either. I cannot get the task manager up when a call is coming in (the call screen is up)
    yeah activecall plugin is pinned to cover everything, and if you unpin it then it goofs and doesnt act right. Not acting right would void the reason for doing the task.
    Forgive my "newb-ness" but this isnt working either. I cannot get the task manager up when a call is coming in (the call screen is up)
    Just call your voicemail, hit Start Menu -> Programs -> etc to taskmanager.

I just did it, and it looks like the Window Title is "Phone - Incoming" without the quotes.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Using taskmanager (great app, by the way ) i was able to find the window and yeah, it is phone-incoming but setting this in the icaller app doesnt hide the default one still. bummer.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    wow. i'm intellegence-challenged. did anyone else read the title as "phone (space)-(space)incoming"? remove the spaces and it works like a charm. i'm trying to get it to load after a soft reset. as it is now you have to restart every time. other than that-it does what it says it does.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I made that change to sSysCallerWndTitle, taking out the spaces, and I still get the default. This is confusing. What is sDefDialerTitle?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    something else i did (didnt think that was what changed it) was using dotfred taskmanager under "windows" the heading "ssyscallerwyntitle" is visible. tap and hold and chose "hide" (i think this is the same thing icaller is supposed to do). running realvga the pics are very small. really no bigger than the default but i will keep playing.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast