Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ehehat, can you post your settings.ini file?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Sure:

; Language
    sLanguage = english

; Theme
    sTheme = boxed

; Hide system default 'Incoming Call' window
    sHideSysCallerWnd = yes

; WNDCLASS of default dialer
    sSysCallerWndClass = Dialog

; WNDNAME of default dialer
    sSysCallerWndTitle = Phone-Incoming

; Use alternative call control (will not emulate Talk and End key press)
    sAltCallControl = no

; Show notification when iCaller has been started
    sShowStartNotification = yes

; Name of folder where contact pictures are located
    sPicturesFolder = Caller Pictures

; If yes, will look for picture folder named above on first Storage Card
    sPicturesOnStorage = no
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Interesting. The only things I have different are:
    sTheme = default
    sPicturesOnStorage = no

That shouldn't make a difference.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    that does seem strange. did you "hide" the caller id window in task manager?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    that does seem strange. did you "hide" the caller id window in task manager?
    No. That may be the solution.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Ok. I don't think you need to "hide" the caller id window. This is the change I made that got it working correctly:
    sSysCallerWndTitle = Incoming Call

I really like it. That said, I would like to see an enhanced iContact with links to full size pictures and iCaller using the links from iContact. I would also like to see a lock in iCaller to make S2U2 unnecessary.
    It would be nice to be able to have all the photos (larger sized) sync with MS Exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Keep us posted on your progress. It looks like a cool app. I just do not have the time right now to deal with it. Maybe over Christmas....
    Sorry, I meant to try and do it yesterday, but then I ran into problems with a corrupted hard drive that I'm desperately trying to recover data from. Plus, I've got finals the next two days, so anything Treo related is going to have to be put off until the weekend or next week.
    a740 --> a900 --> Katana --> a900 --> a900m --> M1 --> a900m --> PPC6700 --> a900m--> 8400 --> a900m --> Treo 700wx --> Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I put iCaller in the starup menu and it starts after a soft reset. The only problem I see with it is that sometimes it hides the Incoming Call notification and sometimes it doesn't.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I put iCaller in the starup menu and it starts after a soft reset. The only problem I see with it is that sometimes it hides the Incoming Call notification and sometimes it doesn't.
    What file did you put in startup menu? i tried putting the whole folder (nope) then just the "icaller.exe" file (said missing language pack) then everything but the readme file and that didnt work either. Also; are you using realvga? how are the id pics sized on your device? are you using pics in a SD card folder or pulling from stock contacts?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    What file did you put in startup menu? i tried putting the whole folder (nope) then just the "icaller.exe" file (said missing language pack) then everything but the readme file and that didnt work either. Also; are you using realvga? how are the id pics sized on your device? are you using pics in a SD card folder or pulling from stock contacts?
    I went to the /Program Files/iCaller folder and the iCaller.exe file and selected Copy. Then I went to the /Windows/Startup folder and selected Paste Shortcut.

I am not using realvga.

I put pictures for a few of my most used contacts, like my girlfriend, son, mother, father, ex-wife, on my storage card in a Caller Pictures folder. The rest get pulled from the Outlook database. The pictures I stored are full sized, while the Outlook database pictures are small. Even so, I still prefer the full screen display.

Since the themes are in HTML, I wonder if it's possible to put a height parameter on the image.
    Rhody,

To add a contact to a person, you just take their photo & make it their telephone number?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Rhody,

To add a contact to a person, you just take their photo & make it their telephone number?

Thanks,
    Rich
    To add a full sized picture to a contact, you put it in the folder with a filename that is their telephone number. I think it works with their name too; however, I don't know how it resolves first, middle, and last names, so the telephone number is easier. In fact, I have two pictures for my girlfriend, one for her work number and one for her cell number.

Also, I resized the pictures to be a little smaller than the screen, so they don't get covered up by the call information AND so they don't take too long to load.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I made a new theme. Actually, I just took the default theme and replaced NoCallerPicture.png with a picture of Santa, so when someone calls and you don't have a picture for them, it's like Santa's calling you.

Before you use it, change the extension from .zip to .thm.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    To add a full sized picture to a contact, you put it in the folder with a filename that is their telephone number. I think it works with their name too; however, I don't know how it resolves first, middle, and last names, so the telephone number is easier. In fact, I have two pictures for my girlfriend, one for her work number and one for her cell number.

Also, I resized the pictures to be a little smaller than the screen, so they don't get covered up by the call information AND so they don't take too long to load.
    when you name the pictures by phone number, what format do you use? 7-digit / 10-digit / or 11-digit?

does it matter if the area code is different than yours?
    Hi,

I found that the number needs to be exactly as you have it on your phone, if the number is entered 914-241-1111 then it should be 9142411111.jpg - as Rhody said.

Its neat that you can have a photo for each contact. Very cool stuff.

BTW, for the Santa theme, should that be renamed to default.thm or should I just change the ini to "santa"?

On a side note, I see there is a way to turn off the notification upon starting. You add the -nonotify switch to the shortcut.

I know how to do that in windows, how do you add that to a PPC shortcut?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I would keep it as santa.thm and change the ini file. That way when Christmas is over you can just change the ini file back.

BTW, in case you wanted to play around with it, you can take the default.thm or boxed.thm file and change the extension to zip. Then you have a zip file with two files in it, one html file and a NoCallerPicture.png file. If nothing else, it's easy to replace the png file, so you can have any image you want come up for cantact without a picture.
    Last edited by Rhody; 12/12/2008 at 02:08 PM.
    Rhody,

When you answer the call, does your screen goes back to that default screen where theres the little photo & the regular "call" screen? This is really only for when the phone is ringing right?

Did you play with the "no notify" option on the startup?

Thanks,
    Rihc
    so is this properly removing the default caller id/notification?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I am disappointed to say that iCaller stopped hiding the default caller id notification. It worked at first, but it just stopped working.

I don't mind that it notifies me on startup. In fact, I prefer it.

EDIT: I tested it out. It looks like it fails to hide the default caller id notification on the first received call and then works properly thereafter. I didn't realize this because I soft reset my device a few times today and didn't receive that many calls. Plus I stopped and restarted iCaller when I changed to the santa theme. So if you do a daily backup with soft reset, then you will notice the default caller id notification on the first received call of the day, but it will work properly after that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast