1.    #1  
    My friend's 700wx (my old device) has been running like a champ w/ the Testing 5 ROM....

About a week ago she said it didn't ring or make sounds. Then it did. Then it didn't. IE, It was kind of intermittent.

I noticed once when fiddling w/ it that tapping near the speaker made it work again!

Pretty sure the problem isn't software related. Did a hard reset... no joy.

So I get out the Torex #5 and commence surgery. The contacts for the speaker seem ok. They are actually little springs that contact the sub-board on the back of the phone. Thorough cleaning w/ a little brush, and reassemble. No extra pieces! Still No joy.

Gonna try good cleaning of the headphone jack. Any ideas? Anyway to get a new speaker and see if that works?
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Gonna try good cleaning of the headphone jack. Any ideas? Anyway to get a new speaker and see if that works?
    From what I've read here, this is probably the problem.

I've seen people report that simply inserting and removing a headset plug repeatedly sufficiently "cleaned" the switch (or unstuck it) to return to normal function of the speaker.

-Frank
  3.    #3  
    It was the speaker!

Amazingly it's the exact same part as the 650. Swapped it out and it works!

Back in business...
    I just turned my phone back in for doing the same thing. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out why.
    Anyone know where i might be able to get a new speaker? Both of them would be great! That is the only thing wrong with my 700wx after almost 2 yrs, besides cell phone reception isn't very good.