Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    See how I did that? Remote Desktop Pro? RDP? I kill me!


    To Install:
    Download the Remote Desktop Pro CAB file (file linked at the bottom of this post).
    Copy to device.
    Run.







    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ebag333; 12/15/2008 at 07:18 PM.
  2. #2  
    Uh... You can just download Remote Desktop from Microsoft... What's the difference?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #3  
    Compared to the one I have installed. EBags has a pull down for the computer list. So I would guess that it remembers ones that you have connected to.

    Then one I have does not have a resources tab. Only a sound. So no drive mapping.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    Compared to the one I have installed. EBags has a pull down for the computer list. So I would guess that it remembers ones that you have connected to.

    Then one I have does not have a resources tab. Only a sound. So no drive mapping.
    Ah.... Thanks for the clarification.... I'll have to look into it.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. rtandon87's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #5  
    I extracted the files to my Treo 800w under a folder in Program Files. Could successfully connect to my desktop at home. Opened a browser there and tried typing a URL and all I can type is "w"... No matter what key I press, all that gets typed is "w".

    Is there a fix?
  6. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #6  
    The RD by Microsoft I been using is working for me. Is this the new version?
  7. keith455's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    #7  
    this works great although i think it's almost useless on the tiny 800w screen.
  8. haus's Avatar
    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #8  
    True, but it's kickin' on a RedFly.

    Any chance this supports higher-grade encryption than the older version? IIRC that's one of the issues with the existing (er, old?) client.
  9.    #9  
    As promised (a week ago!) I've built an installer and added it in the first post.

    Better late than never, neh?



    Quote Originally Posted by rtandon87 View Post
    I extracted the files to my Treo 800w under a folder in Program Files. Could successfully connect to my desktop at home. Opened a browser there and tried typing a URL and all I can type is "w"... No matter what key I press, all that gets typed is "w".

    Is there a fix?
    Try this version. There were some reg keys that were missing, this should have 'em all.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    As promised (a week ago!) I've built an installer and added it in the first post.
    Thanks, Ebag!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  11. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #11  
    Can anyone tell me what you're supposed to enter for Computer and Domain?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what you're supposed to enter for Computer and Domain?
    Uh... Computer would be the name (or IP address) of the computer to which you're trying to connect. Domain is the computer's domain (if applicable).
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  13. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Uh... Computer would be the name (or IP address) of the computer to which you're trying to connect. Domain is the computer's domain (if applicable).
    So not the local 192.168... one but the other one?

    I've tried them both, can't get it to work. Oh well, thanks anyway.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tli415 View Post
    So not the local 192.168... one but the other one?

    I've tried them both, can't get it to work. Oh well, thanks anyway.
    If you're on your local network, you'd use the local IP. If you want to access from the Net, you'd use the external IP. You also have to have Remote Desktop access enabled on your desktop pc and you have to ensure that it is not blocked by the firewall. Lastly, you have to ensure that your user account has access to remote desktop and you have to have a password set for the account to be allowed access.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    If you're on your local network, you'd use the local IP. If you want to access from the Net, you'd use the external IP. You also have to have Remote Desktop access enabled on your desktop pc and you have to ensure that it is not blocked by the firewall. Lastly, you have to ensure that your user account has access to remote desktop and you have to have a password set for the account to be allowed access.
    How do you determine you external and intern Ip so you can access it both local and net wise?
  16. tli415's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
    How do you determine you external and intern Ip so you can access it both local and net wise?
    You can get your internal IP by running command prompt and typing "ipconfig". But unless you have a static IP this could change constantly.

    Your external IP can be found by typing 192.168.1.1 into your browser, if you have a router, and looking for that information there. If you don't have a router 192.168.0.1 should work. Or you can go here.

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

    Either way, I still can't get remote desktop to work. Remote desktop is enabled on my Vista Home Premium computer through a "hack" and I've opened port 3389 through my firewall.
  17. #18  
    Does anyone know where to download software I really want to try? I know its not included on the Sprint WinMo phones.
  18. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #19  
    You can put a ":" to specify the port.

    I did that I was able to get to other computer on different virtual PC.
  19. #20  
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't custom connections supposed to be available under Connections -> Tasks? And isn't this where VPN details are specified?

    If I am correct, I think RDP Pro may have removed the menu items. Anyone else experience this behavior?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions