1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have just upgraded to the Pro from the 680 and I am facing the following annoyance: My cell sevice provider is T-mobile, and my Treo Pro connects to the T-mobile network just fine. However, for some reason, it shows me that I am in roaming mode (triangle icon) and it pops me with a roaming warning everytime I initiate a data connection.

Has anybody experienced this, and what can I do to solve it? I am in a good coverage area and I have confirmed that I am connected to the correct cell network. I tried resetting, but no luck.

Thanks.
    I have T-Mobile out of Chicago, and haven't had any trouble. Could it be a bad Sims card?
  3.    #3  
    I am pretty convinced it's a Treo Pro issue. When I take the SIM card out and out it in my old Treo 680, it's just fine.

FYI: I got my Treo second hand from someone in a different state. I am wondering whether there is something in the initial setup. My preferred network is T-mobile, and that's what the phone connects to, but I still get the roaming icon.

Thanks.
    did you hard reset once you got it?
    Yep, hard reset with sim in the phone should take care of it.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, I will try a hard reset. As an FYI I found someone had a similar issue here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1464727
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I just did a hard reset with the SIM card in the phone. It didn't fix the problem

Any other suggestions? I contacted Palm and they have no idea.
  8.    #8  
    Anybody else experiencing this, or knows how to make the roaming icon go away?