Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 58
  1. #21  
    The iPhone has an earpiece that allows the user to hear and understand the other party during a phone call. That's a nice feature.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    But don't ask about that copy/paste... (or have they have fixed that by now?)

    Added in last update.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    Added in last update.
    Unless they did an update today, copy and paste has not been added.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    Unless they did an update today, copy and paste has not been added.
    My bad, I would have sworn that I read it was finally added in the notes when updating. Apparently not.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    My bad, I would have sworn that I read it was finally added in the notes when updating. Apparently not.
    I was hoping you were going to tell me there was an update today.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  6. #26  
    I have a Treo 800w and I beleive that with Itunes app store an iphone can do much more things that a windows mobile phone can do. The only reason i don't get an iphone is because i wouldn't want to be texting on a touchscreen phone.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    I have a Treo 800w and I beleive that with Itunes app store an iphone can do much more things that a windows mobile phone can do. The only reason i don't get an iphone is because i wouldn't want to be texting on a touchscreen phone.
    Funny you mention that.

    Dieter and Mal were talking about that in the latest WM podcast. One of the things Mal mentioned was the new commercial for the iPhone which listens to music when you put it up against a speaker.

    Dieter pointed out that program has been around for WM for years.

    I'd be curious to see you (or anyone else) list applications on the iPhone that do not have an equivalent application on WM.
  8. #28  
    WM has it all over the iPhone when it comes to apps. Heck, Palm os has it over the iPhone when it comes to apps! They'll have 12 million apps in the iTunes store, and they will still be 99% games and novelties.

    Now if you're talking about the ease of browsing, purchasing, and installing from a central store, that's another matter - and one that's also subject to much controversy!
  9. #29  
    I have an Ipod touch and I'm always getting new apps that are very useful to me. There a ton of free apps that you could get in the App store with ease. Most apps on wm you either have to pay for or they're just to difficult to find. And the average cost of an app for wm has to be a lot more then an average app for the iphone.
    Last edited by Drnycallstar19; 12/08/2008 at 02:49 PM.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    Most apps on wm you either have to pay for or they're just to difficult to find. And the average cost of an app for wm has to be a lot more then an average app for the iphone.
    Absolutely not true.

    I've found free apps that do nearly everything that I want or could ever need. The only app so far that that I've needed to pay for has been GPS Gate.


    Now I will give you credit that a lot of app's for WM can be difficult to find, but one can say the same about the iPhone store.

    Additionally, how many applications has MS (or anyone else) shut down for WM? There are plenty of iPhone developers who are bailing thanks to Apple killing their programs. Evidentially you're only allowed to have one of each program for the iPhone, even if the application that got killed was less expensive, better, or both.

    You can never be sure that the program you just bought (even if it was cheap) will work tomorrow. Apple could decide to release their own program that competes, and kill the one you bought, meaning you need to buy the same program twice.


    As a simple example I must have used a dozen different alarm programs until I found one that worked for me and that I liked. And the bonus was, it was completely free instead of spending $10-30 for other apps. Had that been the iPhone store, I would have had one choice and the odds would be against me that the app would do what I needed it to.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Absolutely not true.

    I've found free apps that do nearly everything that I want or could ever need. The only app so far that that I've needed to pay for has been GPS Gate.


    Now I will give you credit that a lot of app's for WM can be difficult to find, but one can say the same about the iPhone store.

    Additionally, how many applications has MS (or anyone else) shut down for WM? There are plenty of iPhone developers who are bailing thanks to Apple killing their programs. Evidentially you're only allowed to have one of each program for the iPhone, even if the application that got killed was less expensive, better, or both.

    You can never be sure that the program you just bought (even if it was cheap) will work tomorrow. Apple could decide to release their own program that competes, and kill the one you bought, meaning you need to buy the same program twice.


    As a simple example I must have used a dozen different alarm programs until I found one that worked for me and that I liked. And the bonus was, it was completely free instead of spending $10-30 for other apps. Had that been the iPhone store, I would have had one choice and the odds would be against me that the app would do what I needed it to.
    How is finding an app on the Itunes App Store Hard?? All the apps are in the same place. I'm always browsing around the Itunes App store and many times i find an app that could be useful to me. And about having one of each program...I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I beleive you're trying to say for example if you need an app that'll give you the weather you'll only have 1 app to choose from because Apple doesn't allow having more then 1 app of the same kind in your store. If that's what you're trying to say that's absolutely not true because I recently downloaded a weather channel app because I didn't like the one I had on my Ipod Touch. And about not being sure if your app is gonna work the next day, personally I've never had to delete an app because it mysteriously stopped working on my Ipod Touch
    Last edited by Drnycallstar19; 12/08/2008 at 03:53 PM. Reason: forgot to write something
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Drnycallstar19 View Post
    And about having one of each program...I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I beleive you're trying to say for example if you need an app that'll give you the weather you'll only have 1 app to choose from because Apple doesn't allow having more then 1 app of the same kind in your store. If that's what you're trying to say that's absolutely not true because I recently downloaded a weather channel app because I didn't like the one I had on my Ipod Touch. And about not being sure if your app is gonna work the next day, personally I've never had to delete an app because it mysteriously stopped working on my Ipod Touch
    Some references for you. Just a small sampling.

    Apple Now Banning Potentially Competitive Apps From The iPhone

    Apple Shuts Off Loophole For Podcaster App Developer; He Switches Over To Android

    Apple Dumps Another Game For Being 'Too Similar' To Tetris

    Apple's Response To App Rejection Backlash? Ban Developers From Talking About It

    Apple also has the ability to kill any app on your phone (the infamous "Kill Switch"), meaning they can delete an app from your phone without any of your say so. And if you bought it, tough luck.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Some references for you. Just a small sampling.

    Apple Now Banning Potentially Competitive Apps From The iPhone

    Apple Shuts Off Loophole For Podcaster App Developer; He Switches Over To Android

    Apple Dumps Another Game For Being 'Too Similar' To Tetris

    Apple's Response To App Rejection Backlash? Ban Developers From Talking About It

    Apple also has the ability to kill any app on your phone (the infamous "Kill Switch"), meaning they can delete an app from your phone without any of your say so. And if you bought it, tough luck.
    I'm not saying you are wrong in any way since I have not done any research at all. But, I do have three weather programs, 2 contact programs, and a couple of landscape keyboards installed. Would those apps not be 'competive apps' to what is on the iPhone, or is Apple just selective in which ones they consider "competive"?
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  14. #34  
    Apple also has the ability to kill any app on your phone (the infamous "Kill Switch"), meaning they can delete an app from your phone without any of your say so. And if you bought it, tough luck.
    I've never experienced the the infamous "Kill Switch" i've never even heard of it. So i guess it's not so infamous after all. So I guess it's not so common.
  15. #35  
    Not to mention that there are a hundred task, to do apps.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I'm not saying you are wrong in any way since I have not done any research at all. But, I do have three weather programs, 2 contact programs, and a couple of landscape keyboards installed. Would those apps not be 'competive apps' to what is on the iPhone, or is Apple just selective in which ones they consider "competive"?
    Apple seems to be selective so far, mostly if one programmer owner complains about another.

    Or when an app conflicts with something that Apple wants to do (such as the podcast one).


    Even still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Some people don't mind being in a walled garden. I do.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    As a simple example I must have used a dozen different alarm programs until I found one that worked for me and that I liked. And the bonus was, it was completely free instead of spending $10-30 for other apps. Had that been the iPhone store, I would have had one choice and the odds would be against me that the app would do what I needed it to.
    I just recently purchased my iphone and there are hundreds if not thousands of free apps and they are all in one spot. There is not just one or two apps for the same thing. Most of the pay apps are not even $7. As a long time Treo owner, I can't say the same thing for either WM or Palm OS. The average pay app for the Treo is at least $10. Over the last 6 years or so, I've probably spent in the $100's.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Apple seems to be selective so far, mostly if one programmer owner complains about another.

    Or when an app conflicts with something that Apple wants to do (such as the podcast one).


    Even still, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Some people don't mind being in a walled garden. I do.
    Surur, is that you...?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Facci View Post
    I just recently purchased my iphone and there are hundreds if not thousands of free apps and they are all in one spot. There is not just one or two apps for the same thing. Most of the pay apps are not even $7. As a long time Treo owner, I can't say the same thing for either WM or Palm OS. The average pay app for the Treo is at least $10. Over the last 6 years or so, I've probably spent in the $100's.
    Not that users actually care about the reasons, but a couple of differences between iPhone apps and WM apps is that:

    - Piracy is rampant on WM, not so much on the iPhone
    - WM developers literally get raped by online stores such as Handango
    (40-70%, even higher if a portal is involved vs just 30% for the AppStore)
    - The more expensive WM apps seem to have a much richer feature set that the iPhone apps I've seen, just a casual observation
  20. reeper55's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    #40  
    No doubt the iphone is pretty, and if you have one you will be the envy of middle schoolers world wide!!!! When it comes to your phone being an extension of your office it is LACKING.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions