1.    #1  
    I'm a former Palm Centro user. I think I got very spoiled with that phone, because ever since I switched I've had nothing but problems. The main reason I switched is that even though one-handed operation worked well, I was getting a little thumb pain because of how rigid/slippery the directional control on the Centro was and also because I have big hands so I had to bend my thumb too much.

So first I tried an HTC Touch Pro. Terrible battery life and data didn't work for almost a week. I eventually decided the phone was a lemon and returned it. I went to T-Mobile and got a G1. The G1 is a dream to use but presents a whole new headache. I'm missing about 40% of the calls people make to me because it can't do data and voice at the same time. So while it's synching GMail in the background it's completely ignoring phone calls.

So here I am, ready to go back into the loving embrace of Palm, who has treated me well. But I'm trying to figure out which way to go. I know Windows Mobile can be a battery drain from my experience with the Touch Pro, but how bad is it really? Can you go a whole day without tethering it to a charger at work? I used to be able to do this with my Centro. Or should I just get the 755 (making the assumption that the Palm OS is lighter on the battery)?

Finally do both do voice dialing? Does one do voice dialing better than the other. Thanks!
    Go do a 30 day trial. It's the only way to see if you like it or not.
    The battery life on the 800 is little worse than the Touch Pro. There are a few Registy Hacks you can do on both. The beauty of Windows Mobile. Like Ebay said, do the trial first.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I don't think that the 800w or the 755p can do voice and data at the same time either. When a voice call comes in, it inturupts the data transmission.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    The battery life on the 800 is little worse than the Touch Pro. There are a few Registy Hacks you can do on both. The beauty of Windows Mobile. Like Ebay said, do the trial first.
    Ebay?

For the record, the call times are lower on the Touch Pro than the 800w. The battery life numbers are reported by the manufacturers, and independently confirmed.

Considering the Touch Pro has more hardware (bigger screen, faster processor, etc) you are going to be hard pressed to prove that the battery lasts longer on the TP than the 800w if both are being used heavily.

Since the TP has a larger battery, with lighter use it will last longer. But if the phone is on or in use more than off during the day, the battery life will be similar or worse for the Touch Pro.

I've talked with several people and used the Touch Pro myself (albeit for a short time), and found that the Touch Pro did not last as long as the 800w for me, but I use my phone a lot. My mom (who kills the battery on her 700wx in half a days use) also found that the battery life on the Touch Pro was shorter than the 800w (and of course her 700wx). She's actually stuck with her 700wx because there aren't any other WM (touchscreen) phones that come close to battery life, which is a big deal for her.

Anyway, use it and report your findings back. But keep in mind that your thoughts on it will differ from the rest of us (probably including mine ) all depending on your use and what's important to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    I don't think that the 800w or the 755p can do voice and data at the same time either. When a voice call comes in, it inturupts the data transmission.

I'm not aware of a phone currently sold by Sprint that can do both at the same time, unless you're on WiFi of course.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    That's a good thing. What I'm saying is that with the G1 I have currently the data overrides the voice so if someone calls you while data is running you just don't get that call, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Ebay?
    I know how you love Ebay.

I am getting much better battery life on the Touch Pro than the 800 at this point. I use the devices exactly the same and have exactly the same programs loaded. We've gone through all the paper numbers. Real life like you mentioned is the only way to determine this. Since I do not charge my TP as often as the 800 I can clearly state that it gets better battery life. I'm not saying there is a huge difference because both do suck.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Ebay <snortle> I've now had my laugh for the weekend. That was priceless!
    I have had the 800 and touch pro- concur that 800 is better but not by much. The pro is awful.

Your problem with the G1 doesnt sound right. I dont know anything about gsm though...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2