Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm hoping someone has had and has solved this problem. I like to enter people's birthdays in the contact entries. This causes their birthdays to show up on the calendar, which is great. I have not had any issue with this until very recently.

Yesterday, I decided to hard reset and start fresh. I added the programs I wanted and then synced using Activesync at my work computer, which is my main source of Outlook information. However, now when I look at my calendar on my phone, I have several entries for the same all-day birthday event, sometimes nearly a hundred.

First I tried just deleting the extraneous birthday entries. But then when I synced, it said there was an error in Activesync.

I backed up everything but my personal data, did a hard reset, restored the backup, and synced again. I get the same problem.

A curious thing is that it looks fine in Outlook. There are no duplicate all-day events on my computer. But if I delete them from my Treo, Activesync doesn't like it. But if I don't delete them, I DON'T LIKE IT.

Anybody encounter this?
    I have an issue where all my birthdays are one day early. Dont know how that happened. And yes, there would be duplicates too. Hope there is a fix for this.
    Happens to me every time I've done a hard reset. I dont hard reset any more.

I cant say I get hundreds of them but I always get duplicates. Thats because Active Sync syncs the contacts first and and then Outlook adds a calendar entry for each birthday. Then when active sync syncs the calendar it adds a second entry.

This is not just a WM / Active sync issue. The same thing would happen using Palm and Hot Sync after a full restore.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I juat did a hard reset on Tuesday night and all of my contact birthday entries seem OK.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dg12 View Post
    I juat did a hard reset on Tuesday night and all of my contact birthday entries seem OK.
    Same here. Did a hard reset the same day with the same result...No duplicate birthdays.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I fixed mine... so far. I deleted the duplicate birthdays (the ones that were 12:00AM to 12:00AM events) and kept the all-day events. For those birthdays that were incorrectly a day early, I fixed them in Outlook contacts on my PC. I made some other corrections on the PC. I've synced a couple of times and all seems well. So far, so good.