1. hjt
    I've had my Treo for about 6 weeks and have been backing up with SPB Backup. Until yesterday, when I had to hard reset my Treo, I'd never tested the backup file. After a hard reset and restore a load of things didn't work, lots of errors about cprog.exe which is the phone app. So I hard reset and just restored the PIM data which worked OK. Has anyone else tried a full restore with SPB Backup?

Anyway, I thought I'd try the built in Sprite (mine is v6.1.0 Build 2212). I won't be hard resetting the device until I have to as I've just reinstalled everything today. Has anyone had any issues with Sprite - specifically this version?

Also, has anyone upgraded their Sprite to 6.5.2 (I see its $10 on the website)?

http://www.spritesoftware.com/?page_id=274
  2. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I have exclusively used the Sprite Backup that came with the device, same version as yours. No problems, everything except speed dials get restored.
    Same here,
    exclusively the Sprite Backup that came with the device.
    I try all kinds of hacks and software and so I prolly HR and do a Sprite Restore on an average of 4-6 times a week and have had zero problems.

Well, actually one - I haven't ever been able to Backup directly to Storage Card, I don't know why, it might be my card.
    I just backup to internal and then move it to card.
    Just call me Berd.
  4. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I haven't ever been able to Backup directly to Storage Card, I don't know why, it might be my card.
    I just backup to internal and then move it to card.
    I wonder why that is. I have a 3 year old 1 GB SD card and never had that problem. I used it with a micro to mini converter on my 750 also.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    I wonder why that is. I have a 3 year old 1 GB SD card and never had that problem. I used it with a micro to mini converter on my 750 also.
    I kinda gave up trying to figure out why.
    It also happened with the Pro I got replaced.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...te#post1510874
    Just call me Berd.
    Spirit Backup has been rock solid doing restores. I've also been doing many restores after trying some application that I don't like or doesn't work. It's a good way to keep the device clean. There is a setting to erase the files before restore. Use that. Using the merge setting can cause huge problems. I had to recover by doing a hard reset a couple of times until I figured-out the obvious.....