Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    nova i heard from some where it means doesnt work in latin
    Quote Originally Posted by chuazy View Post
    nova i heard from some where it means doesnt work in latin
    I think what may be from some where it means does somethings.
    Just call me Berd.
    Who cares what nova means in some other language? We speak English and its hopefully not going to be called Nova when its released. I thought Nova was just the code name anyway?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    http://spanish.about.com/cs/culture/a/chevy_nova.htm

Chances are you've heard about how Chevrolet had problems marketing the Chevy Nova automobile in Latin America. Since no va means "it doesn't go" in Spanish, the oft-repeated story goes, Latin American car buyers shunned the car, forcing Chevrolet to embarrassedly pull the car out of the market.

Well, it just means that it may affect some of Palm's market, though it may not affect you.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    It means nothing, the story is made up.
    The lady named Ima Hogg was a true story.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Wow... this thread went from a Treo Pro review to a debate on the secret meaning of "Nova." *shrug*

January 25 is too far away. Unless Palm announces an amazing device shipping in February (ish), just gimme a Treo Pro when it releases on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    Wow... this thread went from a Treo Pro review to a debate on the secret meaning of "Nova." *shrug*
    That happens in any unmoderated forum. The topics here have stayed on track amazing long. Many forums go from topic to junk in a couple of posts. Of course, we have the added Round Robin qualifying posts from people who have nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by devonair View Post
    January 25 is too far away. Unless Palm announces an amazing device shipping in February (ish), just gimme a Treo Pro when it releases on Sprint.
    That's January 8 but is it already too late?
    Pre-what?
  9. JwY
    Dual-boot would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    What's the big deal about this 34 functions off a single/two keypresses? I can do the same off my i780. Sure it's nice but it's not unique.
    it may look the same and act similar, but they arent the same.
    I looked at your device and it doesnt feel the same in your hand.
    the rounded form of the palm fits "in your palm" those rigid corners on the Samsung have been a turnoff since they were never fixed from the first Blackjack.

The PRO is the culmination of what we all asked for a couple years ago ( that they could actually give us) Dieter's review says it...I actually LOVE the sexiness of the Nokia E72.....but the Palm just does what I need it to do.....in my palm. My hand doesn't need a divot in my lower thumb to fit a right angled form factor phone into....sorry!
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    For a phone that is allegedly smaller than the Treo Pro, the Samsung Epix just didnīt feel good in my hand either. I think Epix owners have a good class action lawsuit against Samsung on consumer fraud grounds. According to the specs of both phones, the Epix is thinner and lighter than the Treo Pro. Having held and seen both phones side by side I can tell you that the Treo Pro is THINNER than the Epix (marginal difference) and lighter than the Epix. The battery of the Epix alone weighs about 30% of the Treo Pro. Epix may be advertised as having a faster processor but I did not feel that it was a much faster device than the Pro. The form factor, unlocked aspect and lack of AT&T bloatware more than made up me paying $250 more for the Treo Pro over the Epix. The Epix is also one ugly phone, aesthetically speaking.
    can this be unsticked now as round robin is obsolete now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsp_m View Post
    can this be unsticked now as round robin is obsolete now?
    Just checking to see if you noticed the announcement that the RR got extended to the 10th.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345