Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    What in particular would you like to see from POS?
    Just call me Berd.
    Is this an Official Round Robin Contest Thread? It looks like one but it does not say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    - What hacks / software are you using to make the Treo Pro more PalmOS-Like?
    What the heck would you want to do that for? I might as well just ship you my Centro.
    - Something seems to be making the Treo Pro slower this time around, but I'm not sure what and the default Task Manager Palm uses doesn't display enough information. I'd also love to see what's constantly accessing the network and killing my battery life. I'm thinking it's Seven, but I'm not sure.

- anything else you feel moved to tell me?
    The new version of Spb Wireless Monitor tells you exactly what program is access data and how much it has used. Its awesome, I've been using version 3 since it was released. I love it!
  4. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannzeman View Post
    What the heck would you want to do that for? I might as well just ship you my Centro.
    Since plenty of users prefer the Palm OS interface to Windows Mobile (me included), a best of both worlds solution makes sense--especially if you want the more-powerful hardware of the Pro rather than just settling for the hardware limitations (no 3G, no WiFi, no onboard GPS...) of the Centro. If it doesn't have to be either-or, why limit yourself to those choices?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    Is this an Official Round Robin Contest Thread? It looks like one but it does not say so.
    Sir yes sir, sorry I didn't make that clear from the get go!
    Yea, but you still haven't apologized for wanting your Pro to be more Palm like.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea, but you still haven't apologized for wanting your Pro to be more Palm like.
    One of the first things I would do is load StyleTap so I could run Palm apps.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Sorry for the lazy reply since you such a long help list! hehe here you can find all your solution to the treo pro:
    http: //forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=467
  9. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuazy View Post
    Sorry for the lazy reply since you such a long help list! hehe here you can find all your solution to the treo pro:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=467

Works a little better with no space after "http:"--no pesky "Item not found"...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sir yes sir, sorry I didn't make that clear from the get go!
    Good! Nice to know.
    Needing a new PDA. Looking for a Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuazy View Post
    xda-developers may catch up, but so far, here at TC is where the answers are.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I may go back to the treo style. I had a 600 and then a 650, obviously they were both PALM OS. I now have a Touch and Im looking to upgrade soon. I really loved the treo full keyboard, and I can't wait to try out the Treo Pro on sprint.

Ammar
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I wish u were giving out centro but pro is fine too!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    hehe, but any issues with the cracking plastic casing? seems like a lot of ppl have it.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Dieter,

I have not seen a review link posted. Have you done one and I only missed it? Thanks.
    Needing a new PDA. Looking for a Treo.
  16. Q
    Global Posts
    774 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cliephoto View Post
    Dieter,

I have not seen a review link posted. Have you done one and I only missed it? Thanks.
    He did a video... there may be a written piece coming too.

http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sma..._pro_roun.html
    Looks like they added our 'clap your hands battery cover removal' technique
    http://tinyurl.com/Remove-Battery-Cover
    Just call me Berd.
    As a looonnnggg time Palm user I'll give my perspective. The original Palm PDAs were marvelous devices built around ease of use for daily tasks: appointments, contacts, to-do lists, notes, etc. They still work for that if your needs are basic.

The Treo line extended this approach into a communications device about the time that phones were taking over our daily lives. There were other smartphones in 2003 including those running Windows Mobile but nothing as well integrated and easy to use as the Treo. I loved my 600.

For a few years the Treo was the best at what it did. But as communications technology, computers and the internet became intertwined, the ancient Palm OS couldn't keep up. Later Treos suffered from complexity, instability, a poor internet experience, and inherent design limitations. By 2007 the writing was on the wall and Palm, unfortunately, had nothing up its sleeve.

With limited resources there was nothing much Palm could do but repackage the Palm OS into an end-of-line Centro and morph the Treo into a Windows Mobile platform--ironic seeing that the original Palm was years ahead of its Windows counterparts. Well, those years had passed while Palm stood still. Sad but progress does not wait for a company as poorly run as Palm.

So, how well does the Windows Treo work? Certainly it is powerful and can do things the old Palm OS cannot. Windows has a large development and user community, too. But Windows is not a mobile platform at heart and suffers from complexity and bloat. It only partially works within the traditional Treo framework of doing daily tasks easily and efficiently. Lurking beneath any friendly skin is the Windows beast. Half a Treo at best.

I'd like to try the Treo Pro while we see if Palm survives. I'm not holding my breath, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Treo View Post
    So, how well does the Windows Treo work? Certainly it is powerful and can do things the old Palm OS cannot ... It only partially works within the traditional Treo framework of doing daily tasks easily and efficiently ... Half a Treo at best.
    That begs the question what is the other "half a treo" that Treo Pro is missing.

I was a Treo 600 user, who have migrated through 3 generations of Windows Mobile; WM2003SE (XdaIIs), WM5 (838pro), WM6 (TyTNII); to current WM6.1 (TreoPro). Mmm ... all four were HTC manufactured devices.

Perhaps it has been too long ago, but I find it hard to put down what's missing in TreoPro, that was available on Treo 600. And I don't remember reading of any big improvement on PalmOS from Treo 600 to 755p.
    regards, sabre23t =^.^=
    Dieter, you must give Geekstoolbox Starplayr for sirius /XM satellite radio
    a try.
    http://forums.geekstoolbox.com/showthread.php?t=11238
    "To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail."
    ~Michael Jordan

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
    ~Author-Sir Colin Spedding

"If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. ~John Kenneth Galbraith, Money: Whence It Came, Where It Went"

Finally upgraded and dual-booting HP TouchPad running CM9. Look out world, here I come, ready or not! Now rocking the cancelled AT&T Pre3 no thanks to HP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast