1.    #1  
    Quite some time ago I did the headpone splice for my 800w. I can now plug anything into my Treo. Anything. I'm currently suffering from laryngitis which makes teaching next to impossible.

So this morning, my high school students are quietly (yes!) doing worksheet exercises while listening to XM Radio (which is blocked by the school system's internet policies) over my Treo 800w attached to my super speakers that I normally have attached to my computer.

Why is it even a big deal? Because I teach French, and my students are listening to XM 93 Sur La Route, one of the 3 available French language stations on XM. Not only has my Treo saved my voice, but it's given my students an opportunity they normally would never get for a practical application of what they're studying.

If you have not done the splice already, I encourage you to do so. And if you have not already downloaded and tried StarPlayer - it works for both XM and Sirius and is great!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Do you have an advance copy of StarPlayr for WinMo or are you talking about the Windows version?
  3.    #3  
    StarPlayr for WM came out yesterday. http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7862.html
    That's a pretty neat story

I hope you voice returns soon!

I just did the splice the other night, and hooked it up to my car. Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed with the sound quality and volume level
    I feel cheated by paying for SelectRadio app
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Quite some time ago I did the headpone splice for my 800w. I can now plug anything into my Treo. Anything. I'm currently suffering from laryngitis which makes teaching next to impossible.

So this morning, my high school students are quietly (yes!) doing worksheet exercises while listening to XM Radio (which is blocked by the school system's internet policies) over my Treo 800w attached to my super speakers that I normally have attached to my computer.

Why is it even a big deal? Because I teach French, and my students are listening to XM 93 Sur La Route, one of the 3 available French language stations on XM. Not only has my Treo saved my voice, but it's given my students an opportunity they normally would never get for a practical application of what they're studying.

If you have not done the splice already, I encourage you to do so. And if you have not already downloaded and tried StarPlayer - it works for both XM and Sirius and is great!
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  6.    #6  
    Ya know the funny thing is I almost bought SelectRadio, but I was having too many issues getting it to connect consistently. I'm glad I didn't!