1. hjt
    I installed phoneAlarm last week and when I uninstalled it my SMS vibrate alert stopped working and I couldn't change the Ring Tone. I finally hard reset my Treo and reinstalled my apps.

Today I thought I would try it again (stupidly). I didn't find it that useful so I uninstalled it and this time it deleted all my icons and shortcuts. And to make things worse when I hard reset my Treo my 4GB micro SD was wiped too!

There are several posts about problems Uninistalling phoneAlarm on the developers forum.

I'm not saying that it's a bad application just think carefully before you install it. It's caused me a load of headaches.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    I installed phoneAlarm last week and when I uninstalled it my SMS vibrate alert stopped working and I couldn't change the Ring Tone. I finally hard reset my Treo and reinstalled my apps.

Today I thought I would try it again (stupidly). I didn't find it that useful so I uninstalled it and this time it deleted all my icons and shortcuts. And to make things worse when I hard reset my Treo my 4GB micro SD was wiped too!

There are several posts about problems Uninistalling phoneAlarm on the developers forum.

I'm not saying that it's a bad application just think carefully before you install it. It's caused me a load of headaches.
    Wow that's really bizarre. I've been using phoneAlarm on my Treo Pro a long time with no issues whatsoever. I've uninstalled and installed newer versions serveral times with no problems either. Perhaps it's conflicting with something else you have installed on your phone but that's truly amazing it erased your SD too.
    Last edited by sansnil; 12/03/2008 at 11:17 PM.
  3. hjt
    It could be a conflict with some other app I've got on my Treo but it seems that phoneAlarm writes settings to the registry and then doesn't reset them when you uninstall. (One I know of is the setting to show the SMS sent notification)

I don't know how it wiped my SD card - maybe just a one off.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just another vote of confidence for other potential users - I have used PhoneAlarm for years , including the last couple months I have had my TreoPro. I have had no issues with it and I too have installed, unistalled, and reinstalled several times!