1.    #1  
    After using realvga for 3 days, I decided its a keeper. Before installing realvga, I was using SPB Mobile Shell on a trial basis. I read mobile shell does not work with realvga so I didn't bother keeping mobile shell prior to installing realvga as the benefits of realvga personally outweigh the slick interface that mobile shell delivers. Now, after reading some articles on the xda website, I am curious if there are any Treo Pro users that managed to get spb mobile shell to work with real vga. If so, does it look better under 96 dpi or 128 dpi? Does having both programs slow down the device? Does spb working within realvga drain the battery? I would appreciate any input from spb mobile and real vga users. As a business user, I appreciate the blandness of WM 6.1's today screen. I have customized it to pretty much get any needed application on one click. Spb mobile, although more flashier and of added eye candy form, makes the user work more to access certain applications, such as internet and settings.
    It is my understanding that the only version of spb mobile that will work with spb mobile is version 2.1. Is that true? Thanks in advance.
    SPB Mobile has stated multiple times that they won't support any 96 DPI device. Which is just plain stupid....but.... *shrug*

I believe it is version 2.1 that works. If you look in the RealVGA thread on the 800w's forum, the exact version number is posted there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    SPB Mobile has stated multiple times that they won't support any 96 DPI device. Which is just plain stupid....but.... *shrug*

I believe it is version 2.1 that works. If you look in the RealVGA thread on the 800w's forum, the exact version number is posted there somewhere.
    They will support 96dpi, they have not made any official statement otherwise. In fact their latest releases already work and there's a beta of Phone Suite that works also on 96dpi. I think they will update the problem with Mobile Shell with an upcoming version 2.5 or so.

I've run Mobile Shell (2.10) on realvga but it didn't feel that snappy and after being spoiled by the customizing process of Winterface, I removed Mobile Shell from the TP. I still have it on my HTC Trinity, where it's ideal for my wife.
    Now that I've found a fix for the battery drain in Winterface, I don't plan on going back to SPB Mobile Shell soon.
    Click here for more Treo Pro Tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by oVan View Post
    They will support 96dpi, they have not made any official statement otherwise. In fact their latest releases already work and there's a beta of Phone Suite that works also on 96dpi. I think they will update the problem with Mobile Shell with an upcoming version 2.5 or so.
    That's the first I've heard of support for 96 DPI in an upcoming version. Glad to hear it though!

I know at least two people who contacted SPB were told that there was no support nor any planned support for it. *shrug*
    I think they haven't made any official statement on that subject, but they did release that beta of Phone Suite specifically for 96dpi, and frankly they would be the first company to stop supporting upcoming devices.
    I assume that the replies from customer support are not based on what is boiling in the internal kitchen, as happens often with many support departments. See the ridiculous answers from Palm Support about GPS/aGPS/QuickGPS/...
  6. hjt
    OVan, does Winterface work OK with RealVGA?
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt View Post
    OVan, does Winterface work OK with RealVGA?
    Yes, it works perfectly. See my actual screenshots here: http://www.treoprotricks.com/post/20...-Treo-Pro.aspx
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's the first I've heard of support for 96 DPI in an upcoming version. Glad to hear it though!

I know at least two people who contacted SPB were told that there was no support nor any planned support for it. *shrug*
    I'm not sure of official support, but there were a couple of themes at xda that required going back to 2.1 or 2.11, plus running RealVGA @ 96dpi in order to display properly. I say "were" because there's now also a set of themes that works with 2.12 & doesn't require RealVGA, so the others may have been updated, as well.
  9. hjt
    Has anyone tried the latest Mobile Shell (2.1.4) with RealVGA?
    I couldn't get the latest 2.* version to work with Ebag's RealVga.
    Just call me Berd.