Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    So I just tested the stock headphones. They are way louder than the 800. If you look at the settings screensshot pics a few pages back in this thread you may have noticed Audibooster. This bumps up the volume even more. My wife uses the Jabra headset when she goes to the gym so no testing with that.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    VibrantRedGT and others: For us who have Treo 800w's, do we have to pay full price for a Touch Pro? Or can we renew our 2-year contract and get the discounted price?

I'm well past the 30-day return policy. I do have their Sprint mega-insurance plan ($7/month). I was going to hold out with my Treo until next year but when I woke up, I found my Treo resetting itself over and over again (had never done this before).
    Quote Originally Posted by SpriteGF View Post
    VibrantRedGT and others: For us who have Treo 800w's, do we have to pay full price for a Touch Pro? Or can we renew our 2-year contract and get the discounted price?

I'm well past the 30-day return policy. I do have their Sprint mega-insurance plan ($7/month). I was going to hold out with my Treo until next year but when I woke up, I found my Treo resetting itself over and over again (had never done this before).
    If you are due for renewal, you can renew getting the Touch Pro at a nice discount. If you're in the middle of your 2 year agreement you probably can't. You may be able to "talk down" the Sprint reps some, but you're not going to get as good a deal as someone they are seeking to lock into a fresh 2 year deal that is up for renewal.

You'll have to try a hard reset to see if that helps with your current problem.
  4.    #164  
    My contract was up on all my lines so I was eligible for upgrade rebates. I bought my wife an Instinct for $49 and my Touch Pro was $279. My Treo 800 is on eBay and its close to $200. I hoping my Touch Pro final cost will be under $80 after the 800 sells.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    VGRT, any comments on the bluetooth? Have you tried sending files to/from your PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpriteGF View Post

I was able to contact sprint e-care and informed them that i had gone through 2 treo 800's and was continuing to have issues with the phone (really wasnt) but they sent me a touch pro, in return I had to send back my 800w and they applied a credit on my account...
    I would like to mention a couple of things that VRGT did not mention...

Bluetooth auto answer works on the TP. you can set it to pickup between 1 and 6 rings. As I mentioned in another post in this thread, you can record phone converstions with the TP.

I also think that Sprint Nav loads much quicker on the TP. I have not seen a "No Info" pop up on the TP yet when using Sprint Nav.

Another thing I was surprised about, I can listen to net radio via Kinoma and using a Moto BT wireless headset and have Sprint Nav running at the same time. The Sprint Nav voice plays through the wireless headset while streaming net radio. The Sprint Nav maps get updated while streaming net radio.

The Sprint mini USB car charger that worked with the 800 does not fit the TP mini USB port. But the Moto mini USB chargers work with the Touch Pro without a problem. I can stream net radio with BT wireless headset and run Sprint Nav while in my 6 wheeler and the Moto USB car charger keeps the TP battery full.

There is a little app in Settings to dump the RAM. Also there are some little apps in Settings to update the Sprint PRL, update your Sprint Profile and update Windows Mobile.

Being used to a Treo keyboard, I thought I would not like the slide out keyboard. It has been no issue for me to get used to it.

I wish Palm did a better job with the 800w. After 3 800's, I find the Touch Pro to be a better smartphone. I do miss the feel and form factor of the 800w though. The Touch Pro is the same exact size of my Sprint Centro. This is my first venture into a non Palm device and no regrets so far after a week and a half with the TP.

Good for you, I did everything I could and could only get them to send me the Touch Pro for another $279. I guess I could sell the 800w and eat the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
    I was able to contact sprint e-care and informed them that i had gone through 2 treo 800's and was continuing to have issues with the phone (really wasnt) but they sent me a touch pro, in return I had to send back my 800w and they applied a credit on my account...
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    What an amazing deal. They upgraded you HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    What an amazing deal. They upgraded you HUGE!
    Yup....Now I'm just testing to the phone to make sure I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post

Another thing I was surprised about, I can listen to net radio via Kinoma and using a Moto BT wireless headset and have Sprint Nav running at the same time. The Sprint Nav voice plays through the wireless headset while streaming net radio. The Sprint Nav maps get updated while streaming net radio.
    I can do this with my Treo 800w through either my Moto T505 or BT3030. Problem is, that if I'm doing both it terribly strains the 800w and if a call comes in or I try to call out with those both going it causes the device to lock up. Even if I don't receive or make a call while doing Kinoma and Sprint Nav at the same time (and in Kinoma it can be net radio or music off the SD card), once I'm done the device is sure to flat out die sometime afterward. Sometimes it dies just after Kinoma alone if I use it with the Moto T505 for some hours.

So with the Touch Pro, does using Kinoma and Sprint Nav cause any instability? Are you using the Touch Flow interface?
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Good for you, I did everything I could and could only get them to send me the Touch Pro for another $279. I guess I could sell the 800w and eat the difference?
    Really...dang that sucks.... have you checked how much they are going on ebay for?
    I think someone said they were trying $200. I would do that in a heartbeat. Got too many things for sale right now. Real estate and a car. I feel like the corner grocery store.

Really...dang that sucks.... have you checked how much they are going on ebay for?
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I can do this with my Treo 800w through either my Moto T505 or BT3030. Problem is, that if I'm doing both it terribly strains the 800w and if a call comes in or I try to call out with those both going it causes the device to lock up. Even if I don't receive or make a call while doing Kinoma and Sprint Nav at the same time (and in Kinoma it can be net radio or music off the SD card), once I'm done the device is sure to flat out die sometime afterward. Sometimes it dies just after Kinoma alone if I use it with the Moto T505 for some hours.

So with the Touch Pro, does using Kinoma and Sprint Nav cause any instability? Are you using the Touch Flow interface?
    Same thing happened to my 800's when doing these at same time. It would get taxed to the max. Not so with Sprint Touch Pro. I can get a phone call and Sprint Nav minimizes and Kinoma pauses. When I hang up, Sprint Nav comes back up on screen and Kinoma goes back to the stream. The Sprint Nav voice would not play through my Moto HT820 BT wireless headset on the 800. It does with the Touch Pro.

No stabilty issues for me with streaming with Kinoma, using a wireless headset and running Sprint Nav at the same time.

I can do the above things with Touch Flo enabled, but with Touch Flo enabled, it won't play a movie in Windows Media player with using a BT wirless headset. It will play a movie without the wireless headset connected. If I disable Touch Flo, Windows Media player will play a movie while using a wireless headset.

The Sprint mini USB car charger that worked with the 800 does not fit the TP mini USB port. But the Moto mini USB chargers work with the Touch Pro without a problem. I can stream net radio with BT wireless headset and run Sprint Nav while in my 6 wheeler and the Moto USB car charger keeps the TP battery full.
    The 800w uses a MicroUSB port, not MiniUSB, which is why your 800w charger won't work with the Touch Pro and vice versa.
    Same thing happened to my 800's when doing these at same time. It would get taxed to the max. Not so with Sprint Touch Pro. I can get a phone call and Sprint Nav minimizes and Kinoma pauses. When I hang up, Sprint Nav comes back up on screen and Kinoma goes back to the stream. The Sprint Nav voice would not play through my Moto HT820 BT wireless headset on the 800. It does with the Touch Pro.

No stabilty issues for me with streaming with Kinoma, using a wireless headset and running Sprint Nav at the same time.

I can do the above things with Touch Flo enabled, but with Touch Flo enabled, it won't play a movie in Windows Media player with using a BT wirless headset. It will play a movie without the wireless headset connected. If I disable Touch Flo, Windows Media player will play a movie while using a wireless headset.

That makes it official, my getting the 800w was the wrong buy. I now feel the regret...

But have you played with the A2DP levels at all on your device, or are you doing what you're doing with the defaults? (I can't even do it with the defaults. But the Touch Pro does have joint stereo on by default and I don't recall that setting on in my A2DP settings the first time I checked...)
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That makes it official, my getting the 800w was the wrong buy. I now feel the regret...

But have you played with the A2DP levels at all on your device, or are you doing what you're doing with the defaults? (I can't even do it with the defaults. But the Touch Pro does have joint stereo on by default and I don't recall that setting on in my A2DP settings the first time I checked...)
    Using the A2DP defaults....

Edit....

I use to have to connect the wireless headset first, then connect the source on the 800.

It does not matter which is connected first on the Touch Pro.
    Last edited by treotraveler; 12/11/2008 at 04:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    I think someone said they were trying $200. I would do that in a heartbeat. Got too many things for sale right now. Real estate and a car. I feel like the corner grocery store.
    one more thing for sale wont hurt then lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    The 800w uses a MicroUSB port, not MiniUSB, which is why your 800w charger won't work with the Touch Pro and vice versa.
    The mini USB ports on the 800w and Touch Pro are the exact same size. Just different styles of mini ports. The board inside the 800w mini USB port is smaller than the board inside the Touch Pro mini USB port.

If you would look at the 800w and Touch Pro mini USB ports, you would see what I am talking about.....

I thouight the 800w was microUSB and the TP was miniUSB?

The mini USB ports on the 800w and Touch Pro are the exact same size. Just different styles of mini ports. The board inside the 800w mini USB port is smaller than the board inside the Touch Pro mini USB port.

If you would look at the 800w and Touch Pro mini USB ports, you would see what I am talking about.....

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast