Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Just when things were going rather smoothly in this thread...

Let it go guys. You both have devices you are happy with, enjoy .
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Such a hypocrite. You get on anybody who says anything bad at whatever device you have at the time. When anyone said anything negative about the 800 you defended it like crazy. Now you own a tank (Q9C) so the 800 is crap to you. Im sure when the tank days are over you give Moto the finger and defend your next device. What a deuche.

got you!!!!

Oh, I love it!!!

My Camaro is better than your Mustang GT!

Difference between you and I is I don't troll the 800 forum making up posts dogging the 800... I've been reading your posts since June/July... my god.

Seems I touched a nerve though... guess some don't like the truth.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Just when things were going rather smoothly in this thread...

Let it go guys. You both have devices you are happy with, enjoy .
    Said best...Let it go.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

got you!!!!

Oh, I love it!!!

Difference between you and I is I don't troll the 800 forum making up posts dogging the 800... I've been reading your posts since June/July... my god.

OMG, this troll has been stalking me since June. You and your crapmaro are weird.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post

got you!!!!

Oh, I love it!!!

And what if VRGT had no plans of making this post, but a Treo 800w owner requested it?
    So it's been a week.

The first week I used the device with TouchFlo3D turned off. For people who don't even know what TouchFlo is, it's HTC's own user interface. You can see pictures of the screens and menus on page 1 of this thread. A couple of things without using it. The device is faster and it is noticeable. Also it took me a few days to figure out where everything was. When TouchFlo3d is turned off you will notice in the Memory area that 30MB is added. Imagine if your Treo lost 30MB then add in running programs. It will slow down and you will know it. For most of you guys upgrading to the Touch Pro I am almost positive you will use it with TouchFlo turned off. I happen to like it now because I am use to it. Plus you will not have to load up weather applications, media players, YouTube (has it's own YouTube player and it's awesome) and more.

I know it did not grade the battery life but after a week I can now. Battery life is better than the 800. I think we all knew that (well maybe a few members won't agree). It's not huge over the 800. Now I don't believe in manufacture paper numbers. That's not realistic. I am a heavy user I right away I can tell you I charged the 800 2-3 times a day. I charge the Touch Pro 1 time per day.

Let me clear the air on stuff people have mentioned on other forum sites.

1. The device overheats when using navigation on the charger. Totally not true. I had a Christmas party at the diplomat and no idea how to get there. I used Sprint Navigation for 47 minutes straight. It was warm at best. Also I did mention this earlier but standalone GPS does work as well.

2. The device gets hot when on the charger and on a call. This one is true. My 800 got warm as well. The TP gets a little warmer. It does not overheat or freeze.

Everyone wants to know how quickly the screen turns to landscape when the slide open the keyboard. This depends on if you have TouchFlo3D turned on. There is a lag. TouchFlo off and its quicker.

I have to mention if you don't like using your fingers on the screen then this device is not for you. You scroll menus faster with your finger than with the D pad. I mean everything can be done with your finger. I don't use the stylus. In fact I lost mine a few days ago and didn't notice until last night. Actually I dropped the phone and it fell hard. The device exploded on impact. The battery, cover and stylus scattered all over. I have a dent on the chrome. Not happy about this.

The phone portion is awesome. The voice quality is incredible. Its so much better than the 800. I actually have to turn the volume down at times. Also the speakerphone is great too. My 800 had the crackling problem. I can hold a conversation on the speakerphone with no problems. The Ringers is really loud. I have it set on about 75%. Another area that lacks on the 800.

Another great thing about the TP is support. XDA Developer and PPC Geeks offer so much support. Custom ROM's, application fixes, registry hacks and much more. It's pretty overwhelming. Some of the member on here do a great job for the 800. Go check the websites I mentioned in the Touch Pro and Diamond section, you will be amazed.

I can go on but overall I am very happy. This is a keeper for me. I just offers so much more than the 800. Plus the screen is just amazing. I mentioned earlier its like going from a tube tv to HD. Once you've been there you can't go backwards. When I power up the 800 I get a chuckle at the screen. It just looks old next to the TP. Listen I am not saying the 800 is crap, in fact I do like it. However I just find the TP way more advanced. When will Palm get a VGA screen, 3.2MP camera or their own UI? Another 2 years? I just can't wait that long for Palm to catch up with the competition. I just don't see it happening. HTC sales in 1 month topped $528 Million. I think they are doing very well in an economy that's hurting. Palm on the other hand is going the other way. I hope they can turn things around.
    Thanks for the detailed update. There's really no comparison between the 800w and the Touch Pro. The Touch Pro is better in almost every possible way.

There are also custom ROMs available for the Touch Pro that widen the gap even further. So sad that the 800w gets no support from Sprint, Palm, third party developers or end users.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    So sad that the 800w gets no support from Sprint, Palm, third party developers or end users.
    I thought by now we would have an updated ROM from Palm/Sprint for the 800w since there is already 3 separate updates, but I hear of nothing. My 800w seems to be chugging along but it's buggy, battery dosen't even last over night, blue tooth is slow to connect, random lockups, and a few others I can't remember right now. If the TP is stable I might jump ship. Had one person willing to swap +$150 on my end for his new TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I thought by now we would have an updated ROM from Palm/Sprint for the 800w since there is already 3 separate updates, but I hear of nothing. My 800w seems to be chugging along but it's buggy, battery dosen't even last over night, blue tooth is slow to connect, random lockups, and a few others I can't remember right now. If the TP is stable I might jump ship. Had one person willing to swap +$150 on my end for his new TP.
    Take that deal and run!

Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Take that deal and run!
    NO! Don't take that deal. Tell ME who offered that deal to you .
    VRGT,

Have you tried the video out feature yet?

Have you tried the HTC Connector to power the device and use headphones at the same time yet? Can you tell us anything we probably don't know about the HTC Connector?

What's the direct wired headphone audio quality like? How does it compare to using the Touch Pro with your BT3030 and headphones?

In SKTools, what was the default A2DP setting? Have you tried playing with the A2DP settings at all with your BT3030 and headphones?

What's the speaker audio like for audio and video?

How does all this compare with the 800w?
    I thought by now we would have an updated ROM from Palm/Sprint for the 800w since there is already 3 separate updates, but I hear of nothing.
    I will build you a ROM if you will flash it.

You will be the first person gutsy enough to flash it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I will build you a ROM if you will flash it.

You will be the first person gutsy enough to flash it though.
    Do we have a working burner?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  13.    #153  
    As soon as I get time I am flashing a Kitchen ROM. I like the fact I can pick the items I want. I will eliminate some of the bloatware I have no use for. My buddy flashed his Fuze on Sunday and he loves how speedy and stable it is. I can't use the same one.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    VRGT,

Have you tried the video out feature yet? Nope

Have you tried the HTC Connector to power the device and use headphones at the same time yet? Can you tell us anything we probably don't know about the HTC Connector? Have not tried it yet. Will do it tonight.

What's the direct wired headphone audio quality like? How does it compare to using the Touch Pro with your BT3030 and headphones? Will do it tonight.

In SKTools, what was the default A2DP setting? Have you tried playing with the A2DP settings at all with your BT3030 and headphones? What file is the A2DP setting in?

What's the speaker audio like for audio and video? Best on any PDA I've ever owned. My neighbor and I watched YouTube for 30 minutes because he wants a the 2009 Corvette ZR1. He was blown away with the picture and audio it produces.

How does all this compare with the 800w?
    Let me say this. The volume is always too low on the 800. You can't even listen to headphones because everything else around you is louder. The external speaker does play music very well. Probably a little better than the TP. One good thing is the TP speaker is located on the top of the device much like the Curve. You can lay it flat on either side and still have plenty of volume. Put the 800 on it back with music playing and you won't hear much.

In SKTools, what was the default A2DP setting? Have you tried playing with the A2DP settings at all with your BT3030 and headphones? What file is the A2DP setting in?
    1. Open SKTools
    2. Click "Tune Up".
    3. Using the tabs on the bottom of the screen, scroll go all the way to the 2nd to last one on the right, "A2DP".
    4. Let us know what all the settings say .

Hopefully it shows what the real current values are instead of some program pre-set values. (If anyone knows, please chime in.)
  16.    #156  
    Looks like they preset.

SBC bitpool settings 30
    Maximum bitpool value 30
    Minimum bitpool value 14
    Use Joint Stereo YES

Looks like they preset.

SBC bitpool settings 30
    Maximum bitpool value 30
    Minimum bitpool value 14
    Use Joint Stereo YES
    If I recall correctly, my 800w had settings of 30, 30, 14, but Joint Stereo was OFF. That's what I recall seeing first time I checked using SKTools after an RTN reset.

If my memory is correct, that would mean SKTools shows the actual values and they are initially almost the same on the Touch Pro as the 800w. (If my memory is off and the 800w shows the same values first time SKTools is checked, then either SKTools shows preset values of its own or both devices are set the same at first.)

Now the question is, how does the Touch Pro handle if those are changed?

VRGT, don't mess with those values yet, do some various testing of sound quality with the HTC Connector and with your BT3030. Then after you've done that as sort of a baseline, then you might want to up the first 2 values (SBC bitpool settings & Maximum bitpool value) to 58 and see if there is a change in quality when using the BT 3030 (these values change the BT stereo audio quality) and also see if your Touch Pro remains stable . (You might want to do a backup before changing anything. If you have problems, changing those two values back to 30 via SKTools should resolve any issues. But it never hurts to have a handy backup.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Do we have a working burner?
    I assume you mean a working ROM?

It does something all right. I've just never actually flashed it because I can't afford to have my phone down at this point in time. In theory it should work, but that's never been tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I assume you mean a working ROM?

It does something all right. I've just never actually flashed it because I can't afford to have my phone down at this point in time. In theory it should work, but that's never been tested.
    No... I mean a working burner, a working cooker.. Something that will flash the firmware of the phone to get a custom ROM onto it... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    No... I mean a working burner, a working cooker.. Something that will flash the firmware of the phone to get a custom ROM onto it... LOL
    Ah, yeah, I get ya.

No problem. You won't flash the firmware on this though as we don't have a replacement one (and flashing one from another device is a pretty bad idea).

There's a variety of ways of doing it, probably the best/easiest would be manually through the desktop over USB.

Though the 800w does seem to have some sort of built in update to update the system over the USB cable....
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast