Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
  1.    #641  
    Let me review the Touch Pro since it's been almost 2 months now and I did give a 1 month review earlier in this thread.
    I am still really impressed with it. We use MAC machines at work and most of the office has the iPhone. I have a few people won over because I not only can do all the things the iPhone can but mine has the hard keyboard or on-screen keyboard (user choice), VGA screen is so much crisper than the iPhone and camera is also better.

TF3D- I use TouchFlo3D regularly now. In the beginning of this thread I did not because I found it to be bulky plus I was use to the 800. I still find it a tad bulky but thanks to the guys on XDA they've found speed tweaks for it. Now I love TF3D. In fact I cannot live with out it.

Speed- the device has been really snappy for me. Last week I loaded a program that crippled the device to the point where it was stuck on the splash screen. They say this device could not do a hard reset manually (with hard keys). This is incorrect, this feature is still available from the factory regardless of what the user guide says. Anyway, after the hard reset and installing the programs and hacks one by one the device is extremely snappy.

Build Quality- My device is still solid. NO scratches, no dents, no chipping and all paint is intact. The slider is still solid and buttons work perfectly.

Voice & Data Quality- I have never dropped a call. Signal has always been excellent. Voice quality is really good. It is a ton better than the 800 (no muffled sound most of us complain about). Data is just sick. I average over 1000kb/sec in EVDO areas easily. With Wi-Fi I average 1300kb/sec in good areas (home, Panera, office). Using BT is breeze and is really top notch. That is all I can say about it.

Media- The location of the external speaker has really hurt external sound quality. Using speaker phone is good because it offers lots of treble. However with music the treble is too much and sound like a tin can. The 800 blows the TP away here but if you lay both phones on their back and use speakerphone or music the 800 will be muffled. The TP has the speaker located on top of the device. Now if you use wired or BT earphones the TP absolutely kills the 800. It is so much louder and the TP also has a program called AudioBooster which is designed to boost earphones.

Keyboard- I know this is a Treo board so most love front keyboards (I do too). However I actually like the extra screen real estate now and after a few weeks the slider keyboard is just fine. In fact the keys are huge and bright (when needed). You do not have to press a function key to enter a number (you must with the 800) which is nice, the device wakes up when you open the slider. Plus when you slide it the larger beautiful screen in landscape is gorgeous.

Touchscreen- The TP touchscreen is so enjoyable. There is no need to use the D pad at all really. You can scroll through contacts like the iPhone as well as any menu. There is also a hack to increase sensativity if that is your fancy. I find it to be extremely sensative already. I love scrolling though everything with my finger. I really don't need hard keys. Many really like hard keys, I find them to be great on a 700wx but not needed now days.

Camera- In the beggining I found it to be slow because of the auto focus. Again, the hackers took care of that. There is a hack to increase the speed. I haven't applied it.

I snapped the hardest picture ever. I was rolling at about 25MPH and window up (tinted windows).

Conclusion- Love the phone, love the features, love the way it looks and that is all for now.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    More good news for the Touch Pro and HTC in general: http://www.phonenews.com/mobile-fire...ouch-pro-6553/

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Voice & Data Quality- I have never dropped a call. Signal has always been excellent. Voice quality is really good. It is a ton better than the 800 (no muffled sound most of us complain about). Data is just sick. I average over 1000kb/sec in EVDO areas easily. With Wi-Fi I average 1300kb/sec in good areas (home, Panera, office). Using BT is breeze and is really top notch. That is all I can say about it.
    Man! I'm jealous. I wish that I could say any of those things about my 800w. Still holding out hope for the Treo Pro and it's front-facing keyboard though.
  3.    #643  
    I read that a couple of days ago. I will give it a shot but Opera Mini is my favorite browser (on all my devices). Can zip through stuff with my index finger. Skyfire is to bulky. Opera is the main browser on my device by default. I need to change it to Mini. When I press links Opera 9.5 opens.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    I am waiting for the moment Firefox is available for the Touch Pro!

I use the default Opera browser mostly and enjoy it WAY more than PIE and it's less of a hassle to use than Skyfire. It's a small hassle just trying to paste a URL using Skyfire. And far as I know, neither PIE or Skyfire have tabs. Also, when looking at a YouTube video with SkyFire, you've got to get the zoom "just right" to try and have it fill the screen and it still does not fill the "entire" screen. But with Opera and HTC's media player, YouTube videos easily go full screen from the start . (And with the VGA screen it's very nice.) And spinning that dial to zoom with Opera is sweet!

I was looking at my BB Curve the other day and noticed, the speaker at the top of it looks similar to the Touch Pro's in design, but sounds better. I think HTC was trying to mimic the BB Curve speaker. They sort of have it looking like the BB Curve's but smaller and does not sound as good as the BB Curve's. I guess they were trying to copy while doing it differently enough to avoid a lawsuit .

I also have been enjoying Touch Flo 3D. I didn't like it till I actually tried it myself and used it for a while . I especially like flipping through "favorites" under the People tab. I've got my main favorites to call saved with pictures and it's nice just flipping to them as needed. And when those people call me, the picture comes up in caller ID. I also like how the Internet tab has your favorite web links on the page when you scroll down on that screen. Easy access to favorite web sites. And the e-mail tab, I wish you could flip through more than just the top view lines of an e-mail, it's a very nice interface and I'd like to be able to read full e-mails with it instead of having to get the old WM e-mail interface when reading full messages. On that one HTC got it off to a good start, but I'd like them to take it further. And with the Programs tab, that's easy access to 9 programs, in addition to 7 on the Start menu. With quick access to 16 programs, I've never got a problem with reaching the apps I used the most quickly. The weather tab, I mean it's just nice. I hated on Touch Flo 3D till I had it myself . The ability to hack Touch Flo 3D is limited, we all would like HTC to open it up a bit more to customizations. There are customizations that can be done, but not enough to suit all our imaginations . I also like, that when you have an alarm setup, the Home screen shows the alarm time right there on the page. I used the alarm when traveling recently and it woke me up .
    SPB Keyboard

I ended up getting a license for SPB Keyboard. It has the "over the button" pop up letters when you press a key like TouchPal, but includes things I like in a soft qwerty keyboard, like a dedicated Return key. It also has a full screen mode that offers a giant landscape keyboard, but if I'm going to go landscape I might as well use the slider.

Vibrations

I've noticed the Touch Pro vibrates when you make a call and the other line picks up. That's a pretty neat feature. Because you if you're not using a BT headset for the call you don't have to hold the device to your ear waiting to hear if someone picks up. Just wait for the vibrate.

Of course, the Touch Pro does not have the "patented" ringer/vibrate switch that is on Palm devices, but when you press a volume button on the side of the Touch Pro, one of the on screen buttons that can be easily selected is "Vibrate". So it's pretty easy to turn the ringer off. There is even a "Silent" button, to kill the ringer and kill the vibrate too, while still being able to accept calls.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I was at the Sprint store this past weekend and I compare the 800w and the Diamond side by side. Pro should be the same length also.

By the length I say I gain about 2 more lines of text between the two device.

When you have the touch keyboard on screen, you got like 3 line of space to type. So when you chat or write an email, you dont have much room to scroll. Pain.

If my life is only read only and no typing, I would get the Diamond.

Unfortunately I spent 90% of my time IM chatting on the phone and use 10% of it for phone call.

The Treo form factor is still the best.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  7.    #647  
    D, have you tried TouchResponse yet? It is really good. When you touch the screen it will zap your finger. You will know when you press something.

SPB- I did the trial. I am just not good with onscreen keyboards.

Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    D, have you tried TouchResponse yet? It is really good. When you touch the screen it will zap your finger. You will know when you press something.

SPB- I did the trial. I am just not good with onscreen keyboards.
    I saw that, but I've never needed something to let me know when I pressed a key. (My screen sensitivity is well cranked up.) I just wanted to be able to more easily see I pressed the key I wanted to press .

All the soft keyboards work well for me. I could be OK with the stock full soft qwerty, but the "over the top" pop-up of letters is even nicer.

I thought I might have found other ways to mimic TF3D HD, but I may have to try the and users of it say it's "snappy". They say the person who made this hack added lots of optimizations in. And best of all, no need to change the ROM .

I've found how to customize TF3D and even upgrade to TF3D HD! Every time I think there's not a way to do something on the Touch Pro, I eventually find there is a way to do it .

Used to think I wanted a Touch HD, but seeing more reviews I don't want a Touch HD. It's lack of a circular nav tool button at the bottom of that device is a drawback. The Touch Pro has the same processor and RAM. So I'm really at a point now where there's nothing else out there that I want.

Really the Touch Diamond coming out before the Touch Pro yet being so similar really has worked to our benefit. Because many of the hacks we use on the Touch Pro are upgrades of Touch Diamond hacks and some Touch Diamond hacks work without much adjustment at all.

Also, I found the Touch Pro "Programs" tab holds up to 18 programs!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I take another look at the Touch Pro again and I notice those Touchflow thing that looks like Tab which you can flip right or left at the bottom.

With that space been taken up, it has the same amount of screen size as the 800w.
    Dell x51v → Motorola Q (Verizon) → Mogul → 800w → Treo Pro → Touch Pro 2 (SERO) → HTC EVO 3D → HTC EVO 4G LTE → HTC One S → Nexus 4
  10.    #650  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I take another look at the Touch Pro again and I notice those Touchflow thing that looks like Tab which you can flip right or left at the bottom.

With that space been taken up, it has the same amount of screen size as the 800w.
    The screen is one area the 800 and TP are not alike. The TP has more real estate and the VGA quality is stunning. You do not have to run TouchFlo3D. This is an HTC app burned into the ROM. You can disable it and run regular Windows Mobile 6.1 like your 800 now. Add whatever Today Screen items you are use to (SPB Mobile Shell, Phone Suite, etc.). Options is what the Touch Pro is all about. Go to ppcgeeks.com and browse the Touch Pro forums. You will be blown away with the amount of customization and tweaks (pretty much endless).

Here is regular 6.1 mode:

Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

What the yellow VRGT said .

Also, TF3D is not on screen when running applications that are not TF3D integrated, which is most. As for the applications that are T3FD integrated, with that true VGA screen they look great.

There's really no comparison. And I have not had any of the issues I had with the 800w regarding applications that look wack on a 320 X 320 screen.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I need to stay focus until the Pro comes out.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I tried the Pro last year but sent it back to Palm for a refund. Too many fingerprints, and I didn't like the keyboard at all!
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    More good news for the Touch Pro and HTC in general: Mobile Firefox to Possibly Launch Next Week on HTC Touch Pro | PhoneNews.com

Man! I'm jealous. I wish that I could say any of those things about my 800w. Still holding out hope for the Treo Pro and it's front-facing keyboard though.
    I have the 800W now and think it is so much better than the Pro.
    Current Phone(s): HTC Inspire "4G" & Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I tried the Pro last year but sent it back to Palm for a refund. Too many fingerprints, and I didn't like the keyboard at all!
    What "Pro" are you talking about? The Pro being talked about in this thread is not made by Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada View Post
    I have the 800W now and think it is so much better than the Pro.
    I had the 800w and now have the Touch Pro. (I really liked the 800w, but am a serial phone buyer and so needed to try the TP.) Overall, there's no question that the 800w is quicker for many tasks, but I'm still glad I made the switch. Like the slider keyboard more than I thought I would, and LOVE watching videos on the bigger screen.

That being said, both are really nice.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Yea, but Palm has decided to Start calling the Treo Pro just Pro.

So are we having fun yet?

Walk into a Sprint Store; "you guys got the Pro?"
    Sales Rep doesn't know if you're asking about the Palm Pre, the Palm Pro, or the Touch Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea, but Palm has decided to Start calling the Treo Pro just Pro.
    I think this is false/error at BB, so take it with a grain of salt. All the ads and promo material call it Treo Pro and under my Sprint account when activated, says Palm Treo Pro.

Only when sprint starts to call it that we can definitively that they changed the name, but they won't as it says Treo on the actual phone, box and user manual!
    I have also made the switch form a Treo to Touch Pro. I've been a 700wx user for 3 years and this thread finally helped me to make the big decision to switch to TP instead of upgrade to Treo800. honestly, I don't think i can go back to a Treo. The TP has given me problems requiring soft resets and even a hard reset, but I did that with my treo too so I'm used to it. The one thing that is different, I soft reset 3 times less than my treo!
  20.    #660  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkeo View Post
    I have also made the switch form a Treo to Touch Pro. I've been a 700wx user for 3 years and this thread finally helped me to make the big decision to switch to TP instead of upgrade to Treo800. honestly, I don't think i can go back to a Treo. The TP has given me problems requiring soft resets and even a hard reset, but I did that with my treo too so I'm used to it. The one thing that is different, I soft reset 3 times less than my treo!

Glad I could help. I only soft reset on my Touch Pro when I want not when its screws up (which is pretty much never). It is by far the most stable Windows Mobile device I've owned other than the 700wx (which I still have and use occasionally).

Good Luck.