Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 724
  1. #501  
    The WorldCard reader is nice and so is the FM radio.
  2. #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I have no idea what the WorldCard Mobile Business Card even is. So no, never used it.

    I have not used headphones with the TP yet. I do have the Sirius XM program (C-ApiSRO) so I can listen to Howard Stern all day when I work. The dingy speaker is actually fantastic for talk shows.

    Have you done any hacks?
    If putting on the invisibleSheild can be considered a hack .

    I've adjusted A2DP settings to 58, that's about it. Now the invisibleSheild needs 12-24 hours to dry. So I'm not touching it any more till tomorrow.

    That invisibleSheild was NOT easy to install. Got to be careful and take time doing it. Lots of little pieces too. But it's on and if it works, all good.

    Next time you get a business card, crack open the manual and see how to use WorldCard Mobile, then give it a shot.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The WorldCard reader is nice and so is the FM radio.
    But the Sprint Touch Pro's FM radio does not work. Not even any radio application included. The Sprint Touch Diamond has been hacked for the FM radio to be active, but speculation is that it might not be possible for the Touch Pro. So far nobody has been able to get FM radio on a Sprint Touch Pro.
  3. #503  
    Kinoma Play

    I loaded up Kinoma Play today. Kinoma when I activated it allowed me to switch my registration to my new device. It recognized I was trying to activate the license on another device, but did give me the option to move the license to the new device. Which I was pleased to see.

    I have to say, (and I'm trying to think of a way to say this nicely) Kinoma is just better suited for a device like the Touch Pro. The larger screen makes it so easy to use the screen and manipulate things in the program. I know with my 800w, when a track was playing, I could NEVER use my finger to manage that little moving dot at the top of the screen if I wanted to advance in the track or go backwards in it. With the Touch Pro I CAN MANAGE THAT DOT WITH MY FINGER! The larger screen makes it possible. With the 800w, if I wanted to manage that dot I had to break out the stylus. Meaning, I can more easily manage Kinoma Play with one hand using the Touch Pro.

    The Sprint Music application does have full BT remote control capabilities, unlike Kinoma Play. So I find using either application at times.

    One handed typing

    I've got invisibleShield installed. So there is no issue of finger prints. InvisibleShield like most screen/device protectors does not hold fingerprints as easily as a device without such a protector.

    So when trying to type with the soft full qwerty keyboard, I now have no fear of touching the screen with finger nail tip presses. Now I can use the soft full qwerty with one hand and type rather easily. Does require using the finger nail tip, but works well for me. I had no desire to pull out the slider at all today. I have not even purchased TouchPal yet. I might, but I don't feel a pressing "need" for it.

    I will say, by default the soft keyboard was trying to auto-replace words I would type with words it thought I wanted to use. Very annoying and a major hassle. Once I went into T9 Settings and removed "Auto Substitution" things went much better.

    The 800w does have better word suggestion capabilities than what comes built into the Touch Pro. I suspect TouchPal probably does better in that regard. And TouchPal provides more soft keyboards to use.

    For now though, I'm fine with the built in soft full qwerty.
  4. #504  
    Juicy's 4.7 ROM works really well on the Touch Pro if anyone is looking for a good ROM.

    Will the 800w ever have custom ROMs? I'd bet that a number of the bugs could be fixed by end users since Sprint and Palm don't seem to have any interest in doing so.
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Will the 800w ever have custom ROMs? I'd bet that a number of the bugs could be fixed by end users since Sprint and Palm don't seem to have any interest in doing so.
    Nearly all of the bugs/issues that can be resolved without intervention by Palm (or possibly Qualcomm) have been done. The majority of issues remain in the firmware and drivers...

    There's nothing magical about a custom ROM. The only thing about a custom ROM is that you can include the patches/fixes in it, so that you don't have to install them.

    I've yet to find anything that can be fixed in a custom ROM that cannot be done by hand (for the 700wx or 800w). You can remove stuff that's unwanted, but that's about it.

    If there's one thing I know, it's custom ROM's.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've yet to find anything that can be fixed in a custom ROM that cannot be done by hand (for the 700wx or 800w).
    There may be one thing!
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    There may be one thing!
    There's tons of stuff you can do in a custom ROM. Believe me, I know.

    I'm specifically referring to fixing issues, which is what NSX's post was addressing.

    As an example, fixing the GPS won't happen by a custom ROM, we need Palm or Qualcomm to release new firmware/drivers. And even if another device was released with the same hardware as the 800w (but fully working drivers), then you can still port the drivers over by hand. (Just like I ported gpsONE over from the Pro.)
  8. #508  
    You know nsxprime, he's just baiting. He has to get his daily quota of 800W bashing.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
  9. #509  
    (VRGT already talked about pictures and video, but I was asked to share my experiences, so I want to note my experiences in this area.)

    Today I was at an event and had an "oh no I forgot the camera" moment. So you know the drill when that happens, you pull out your smart phone and make do. Although if you own a separate camera you obviously prefer the higher quality a separate camera provides, but use the smart phone camera when needed. Also easy to take pics with the smart phone and e-mail them.

    Anyway, I had to pull out the Touch Pro and start taking pictures and video (my camera also does a little video too). First I have to say, seeing the pictures and video on a true VGA screen and showing them to others was a pleasure. The larger screen versus the 800ws and the resolution is a no contest win for the Touch Pro.

    I later copied the pictures and video onto my PC, which is the true test of quality. And the pictures of course are better than the 800w. Not going to outdo a quality camera, but better than the 800w. The video, really, the video that the Touch Pro makes looks even better than its pictures in my opinion. With the Treo 800w, it seemed to take way better pictures than video. (Not better 800w pictures than the Touch Pro's pictures or video, but 800w still pictures looked better to me than 800w videos.) I disliked 800w videos so much I totally stopped making any video with it. But the Touch Pro video quality is very good.

    Given the hardware in the Touch Pro, this really is no contest out of the gate, but experiencing it today really was nice.
  10. #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    As an example, fixing the GPS won't happen by a custom ROM, we need Palm or Qualcomm to release new firmware/drivers.
    Sadly it isn't the firmware or drivers. it is at a much deeper level.
  11. #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sadly it isn't the firmware or drivers. it is at a much deeper level.
    There is nothing deeper on the software side than firmware.
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Sadly it isn't the firmware or drivers. it is at a much deeper level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    There is nothing deeper on the software side than firmware.

    Perhaps that's something worth discussing in the Fixing the Treo 800w's GPS thread. I mean you guys are talking about what it takes to fix the thing. Seems 100% on topic to discuss it there. More fitting to discuss it there than in this particular thread.
  13. #513  
    Good point darnell. (Not that this thread hasn't been derailed about a hundred times already, but I shouldn't contribute to it anymore. )
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Perhaps that's something worth discussing in the Fixing the Treo 800w's GPS thread.
    Agreed no one wants to get into bringing in all those 800ws and flashing them!
  15. #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    (VRGT already talked about pictures and video, but I was asked to share my experiences, so I want to note my experiences in this area.)

    Today I was at an event and had an "oh no I forgot the camera" moment. So you know the drill when that happens, you pull out your smart phone and make do. Although if you own a separate camera you obviously prefer the higher quality a separate camera provides, but use the smart phone camera when needed. Also easy to take pics with the smart phone and e-mail them.

    Anyway, I had to pull out the Touch Pro and start taking pictures and video (my camera also does a little video too). First I have to say, seeing the pictures and video on a true VGA screen and showing them to others was a pleasure. The larger screen versus the 800ws and the resolution is a no contest win for the Touch Pro.

    I later copied the pictures and video onto my PC, which is the true test of quality. And the pictures of course are better than the 800w. Not going to outdo a quality camera, but better than the 800w. The video, really, the video that the Touch Pro makes looks even better than its pictures in my opinion. With the Treo 800w, it seemed to take way better pictures than video. (Not better 800w pictures than the Touch Pro's pictures or video, but 800w still pictures looked better to me than 800w videos.) I disliked 800w videos so much I totally stopped making any video with it. But the Touch Pro video quality is very good.

    Given the hardware in the Touch Pro, this really is no contest out of the gate, but experiencing it today really was nice.
    Good to know. Is the poor picture and video quality of the 800w (compared to the Touch Pro) more of a hardware issue or a software issue?
  16.    #516  
    Wait until we get 10 times the better video quality when XDA releases the Xperia CAB file. That will be sweet.

    D, there is a hack that will allow you to take pictures faster on the TP. I will dig it up and send it later. You know how the Auto Focus take a few seconds? The hack speeds up the process.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  17. #517  
    Oh my, darnell got a Touch Pro finally. Cool, You'll love it over the "dud" I have no complaints with mine....

  18. #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Good to know. Is the poor picture and video quality of the 800w (compared to the Touch Pro) more of a hardware issue or a software issue?
    I assume hardware. If it's a software issue, I suspect we'd already have seen hacks to greatly improve picture quality on the 800w. And we would eventually see a comparable 800w hack to what VRGT mentions below:

    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    Wait until we get 10 times the better video quality when XDA releases the Xperia CAB file. That will be sweet.
    I mean if we see a hack for the 800w that does that...

    D, there is a hack that will allow you to take pictures faster on the TP. I will dig it up and send it later. You know how the Auto Focus take a few seconds? The hack speeds up the process.
    Yea I've noticed that short delay. Seen the same on some stand alone cameras. Lowering the delay time would be a good thing. Thanks for letting me know there's a means to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    Oh my, darnell got a Touch Pro finally. Cool, You'll love it over the "dud" I have no complaints with mine....

    I wanted to take my time before making any moves, to be certain I would not jump from one dud to another . So far, I'm totally happy with the switch.
  19. #519  
    I think VRGT has already mentioned the soft reset hole on the bottom of the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. But I've found an even easier method to soft reset the Touch Pro. I've had to use it now that I'm starting to play with some of the hacks for the Touch Pro. The device has an on/off button at the top. If quickly pressed when the screen is on, it simply turns the screen off, much like the red end call button on the 800w. But the Touch Pro's button when held for a few seconds displays a dialog asking if you're sure you want to turn the device off completely. If you select "Yes" the device TOTALLY turns off. It won't respond to calls or anything, no automated scheduled tasks such as backups will run, it's totally and completely OFF. You can't really turn the 800w totally off unless you pull the battery. Once the Touch Pro is "off", if the top button is pressed the device comes back on and since it was totally off, it comes back as soft reset. Basically the "off" does the full shutdown and turning it back on does the power up side of the soft reset. It's easier to do soft resets that way than poking the soft reset button in the little hole at the bottom of the screen. Although it's nice to have so many options.
  20. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I think VRGT has already mentioned the soft reset hole on the bottom of the Sprint HTC Touch Pro. But I've found an even easier method to soft reset the Touch Pro. I've had to use it now that I'm starting to play with some of the hacks for the Touch Pro. The device has an on/off button at the top. If quickly pressed when the screen is on, it simply turns the screen off, much like the red end call button on the 800w. But the Touch Pro's button when held for a few seconds displays a dialog asking if you're sure you want to turn the device off completely. If you select "Yes" the device TOTALLY turns off. It won't respond to calls or anything, no automated scheduled tasks such as backups will run, it's totally and completely OFF. You can't really turn the 800w totally off unless you pull the battery. Once the Touch Pro is "off", if the top button is pressed the device comes back on and since it was totally off, it comes back as soft reset. Basically the "off" does the full shutdown and turning it back on does the power up side of the soft reset. It's easier to do soft resets that way than poking the soft reset button in the little hole at the bottom of the screen. Although it's nice to have so many options.
    Good point. It is very nice to be able to turn everything off to conserve all battery power.

Posting Permissions