Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 724
  1. #241  
    I never used palm os.
    I started with sharp YO organizer with mini laptop keyboard screen in 1996 in 1997 I bought a Compaq C140 that I still use with win ce 1.0. I upgraded it to win ce 2.0 in 1998. in 1998 I also bought a Philips Nino 312 win ce 2.0 palm pc and did use jot recognition on that, from it to a Casio E200 pocket pc 2002 again using jot. all key boards from there. Hitachi G1000, PPC6601, Treo 700wx and now Treo 800w
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  2. #242  
    My last Palm device was the Handspring Visor Prism. I never could get the hang of grafitti so I always used the on screen keyboard with the stylus. After the Visor, I went through a few Axims and still was a heavy stylus user. The 800 is my first hardware keyboard, and I love it. I picked up a Centro but soon after my fingers hit those keys I put it back down...they felt like boogers. I wish I could just take the keyboard and attach it to all my future phones, lol.
  3. #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by SandersJC1964 View Post
    I wish I could just take the keyboard and attach it to all my future phones, lol.
    That's not a bad idea. If we could have certain fixed "innards" in a device, but selectively adjust the exterior a little, that would be sweet. The device manufacturer that would be willing to market something like that could make money on an initial device sale and "shell" and make more money continually off new custom "shells". Then make newer devices that might work with some of the older "shells" and keep going with new "shells" for newer features in the device.

    It would be nice. Maybe one day.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That's not a bad idea. If we could have certain fixed "innards" in a device, but selectively adjust the exterior a little, that would be sweet. The device manufacturer that would be willing to market something like that could make money on an initial device sale and "shell" and make more money continually off new custom "shells". Then make newer devices that might work with some of the older "shells" and keep going with new "shells" for newer features in the device.

    It would be nice. Maybe one day.
    They used to do this with phones... My first phone had user-replaceable faceplates.. Two screws and you could have a whole new phone... I don't know why they stopped.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That's not a bad idea. If we could have certain fixed "innards" in a device, but selectively adjust the exterior a little, that would be sweet. The device manufacturer that would be willing to market something like that could make money on an initial device sale and "shell" and make more money continually off new custom "shells". Then make newer devices that might work with some of the older "shells" and keep going with new "shells" for newer features in the device.

    It would be nice. Maybe one day.
    Already been made.

    HP made a GMS Ipaq about 4 years back that had a removable keyboard that snapped on the bottom at the connector port.

    I thought it was a great idea but it did not last long and have not seen another since.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    That's not a bad idea. If we could have certain fixed "innards" in a device, but selectively adjust the exterior a little, that would be sweet. The device manufacturer that would be willing to market something like that could make money on an initial device sale and "shell" and make more money continually off new custom "shells". Then make newer devices that might work with some of the older "shells" and keep going with new "shells" for newer features in the device.

    It would be nice. Maybe one day.
    They have been talking about modular phones for awhile , but I think it's mostly in the R&D phase still...

    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...x+page_telecom
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I tried the Diamond and just couldn't stand typing on screen all the time. Yesterday I tried using my TP with just the onscreen keyboard. It lasted a few hours then got fed up.
    Did you try using TouchPal? It really does work well. By far the best on-screen keyboard that I've used. That said, I'd still rather have a front-facing QWERTY most of the time.
  8.    #248  
    I think I deleted it by accident. Where can I get it again? My keyboard is the small one now. My device came with the big TouchPal keyboard. It's gone.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

    Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

    Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
  9. #249  
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    I think I deleted it by accident. Where can I get it again? My keyboard is the small one now. My device came with the big TouchPal keyboard. It's gone.
    http://www.cootek.com/
  10. #250  
    So when the battery is totally drained in the Touch Pro, if you plug in a power cord does it take 20-30 minutes for the device to start like the 800w?

    And if you pull the battery and put in a power cord, will the Touch Pro work?
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So when the battery is totally drained in the Touch Pro, if you plug in a power cord does it take 20-30 minutes for the device to start like the 800w?

    And if you pull the battery and put in a power cord, will the Touch Pro work?
    Lol, I think it might be time to start a "Everyone-pitch-in-and-donate-a-dollar-so-Darnell-can-get-a-Touch-Pro" thread...

    j/k
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Lol, I think it might be time to start a "Everyone-pitch-in-and-donate-a-dollar-so-Darnell-can-get-a-Touch-Pro" thread...

    j/k
    Good one .
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    Good one .
    Of course, I am kidding Darnell... but at this point are you even considering a switch to the Touch Pro or Treo Pro?

    I am looking at both, but neither is a slam-dunk for me. I hope that by the time Sprint launches the Treo Pro, Palm finally steps up and deals with the cracking problem.
  14. #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Of course, I am kidding Darnell... but at this point are you even considering a switch to the Touch Pro or Treo Pro?

    I am looking at both, but neither is a slam-dunk for me. I hope that by the time Sprint launches the Treo Pro, Palm finally steps up and deals with the cracking problem.
    I do like that the Touch Pro can do multitasking (as in remain stable) with applications I often use and often would like to use simultaneously but can't efficiently on the 800w. Not sure how well the Sprint Treo Pro would do, but I suspect better than the 800w. I'm finding the better hardware under the covers does show its self for certain tasks based on what some have mentioned already. I've got a brand new (I mean arrived today) laptop for videos, so I'm not overly concerned about the harping over HTC video. (When it comes to videos and games, I like a big screen, like 15 inches minimum although this new laptop is 17.) So yea I'm considering. And yea that problem of the crackling (I don't like calling it cracking ) in the Treo Pros is very much a concern. Especially when dealing with a company that might not be around much longer.

    So I'm looking around and asking questions.

    But it's even possible I not move on anything till something after all the current devices is released. Like whatever HTC offers in the USA instead of the Touch HD. They said they've got something in store for the US market, since the Touch HD is not sold here.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    I do like that the Touch Pro can do multitasking (as in remain stable) with applications I often use and often would like to use simultaneously but can't efficiently on the 800w. Not sure how well the Sprint Treo Pro would do, but I suspect better than the 800w. I'm finding the better hardware under the covers does show its self for certain tasks based on what some have mentioned already. I've got a brand new (I mean arrived today) laptop for videos, so I'm not overly concerned about the harping over HTC video. (When it comes to videos and games, I like a big screen, like 15 inches minimum although this new laptop is 17.) So yea I'm considering. And yea that problem of the crackling (I don't like calling it cracking ) in the Treo Pros is very much a concern. Especially when dealing with a company that might not be around much longer.

    So I'm looking around and asking questions.

    But it's even possible I not move on anything till something after all the current devices is released. Like whatever HTC offers in the USA instead of the Touch HD. They said they've got something in store for the US market, since the Touch HD is not sold here.
    Yeah, just curious. Sometimes it's hard to tell if you guys are really dissatisfied, or just having fun...

    I haven't had too much trouble with multitasking, but I think I know which app(s) you're talking about...

    The Touch HD or something like that would be interesting, might be worth moving away from a front facing keyboard. If Android were more mature with a bigger app base and more available phones, I'd probably jump, but it's still too early. And of course, there's Palm come January...
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    So when the battery is totally drained in the Touch Pro, if you plug in a power cord does it take 20-30 minutes for the device to start like the 800w?

    And if you pull the battery and put in a power cord, will the Touch Pro work?
    The Diamond can start immediately upon connecting AC to a dead battery.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The Diamond can start immediately upon connecting AC to a dead battery.
    Very likely then that the Touch Pro does the same. Thank you.
  18. #258  
    OK, now with this question I am TOTALLY expecting Touch Pro/Diamond owners to say their devices do the EXACT same thing as the 800w in this regard. But I'm going to ask anyway. Since the responses have been on the impressive side so far, for matters I've wondered about.

    Here's the scenario, your device is connected to your PC via USB cable (yea I know I can do syncing other ways, but that's not my question), the ActiveSync connection is live and fine, you reboot the PC. Once you've got the PC up and running again, does the ActiveSync connection reestablish without fail?

    Now with the 800w, I never get the ActiveSync session back till I unplugged the device and replug it in.
  19. #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell View Post
    OK, now with this question I am TOTALLY expecting Touch Pro/Diamond owners to say their devices do the EXACT same thing as the 800w in this regard. But I'm going to ask anyway. Since the responses have been on the impressive side so far, for matters I've wondered about.

    Here's the scenario, your device is connected to your PC via USB cable (yea I know I can do syncing other ways, but that's not my question), the ActiveSync connection is live and fine, you reboot the PC. Once you've got the PC up and running again, does the ActiveSync connection reestablish without fail?

    Now with the 800w, I never get the ActiveSync session back till I unplugged the device and replug it in.
    Mine will usually reconnect AS just fine but I think it has more to do with your computer and AS then it does with any particular handset. I could be wrong about that though.

    Where I normally see that is plugging in my phone to charge/sync when I sit down to my computer and then turn on my computer. It boots up and connects to the phone over AS.
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Mine will usually reconnect AS just fine but I think it has more to do with your computer and AS then it does with any particular handset. I could be wrong about that though.

    Where I normally see that is plugging in my phone to charge/sync when I sit down to my computer and then turn on my computer. It boots up and connects to the phone over AS.
    Yes, but I figured if someone experienced a noticeable difference between devices while using the same PC, that would be interesting. There are other factors that may impact this though. But if different devices were used on the same PC and there was a noticeably different outcome...

Posting Permissions