Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't think anyone's posted this yet.

Anyway, here's the themes ripped from the Treo Pro. There are 5 of them: Rose, Zen, Graphite, Primavera, and Lumen.

To install:
    • Run Ebag Treo Pro Themes.cab on your device.
    • Change themes.
    • Enjoy.

Compatibility issues:
    As a note, I've noticed that these themes default the today screen back to 128 DPI. This only effects you if you're running RealVGA.

I've posted a change to my MortScript that fixes the option to just refresh the DPI settings without having to hard reset.

Graphite

Lumen

Primavera

Rose

Zen
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ebag333; 12/31/2008 at 02:58 AM.
    Why would registry settings be needed to run themes?

Also, do you have any screenshots of these themes available?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Why would registry settings be needed to run themes?
    Here's the registry keys. You can see what it changes. It's really only for more advanced stuff, the basic stuff is handled by the .TSK files.

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Graphite.tsk]
    "COLOR_MENUTEXT"=dword:00666666
    "COLOR_TITLEFLATCENTER"=dword:00000000
    "COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT"=dword:00FFFFFF
    "COLOR_HIGHLIGHT"=dword:00999999
    "COLOR_COMMANDBARTEXT"=dword:00FFFFFF
    "COLOR_COMMANDBAR"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Lumen.tsk]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Primavera.tsk]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Rose.tsk]
    Also, do you have any screenshots of these themes available?
    I will try and get some up shortly.
    I'm going to try these without the registry edits first. Will report back.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm going to try these without the registry edits first. Will report back.
    I used them without noticing any issues.

I'd suspect that more advanced skinning programs will rely on some of these settings.
    I just find it odd that the themes would require extra registry settings... It kinda defeats the purpose of a theme file, yes?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  7.    #7  
    I just find it odd that the themes would require extra registry settings... It kinda defeats the purpose of a theme file, yes?
    The theme file hasn't really changed since Windows Mobile 2003 (maybe even 2002?).

As a note, I've noticed that these themes default the today screen back to 128 DPI. This only effects you if you're running RealVGA.

I will be posting a change to my MortScript that fixes the option to just change the DPI settings without having to hard reset.
    They seem to work without the changes on my Epix. I didn't notice until now but the Pro doesn't gradient the top bar, making the screen appear to have more space.

Also the Vodafone Business.tsk does not display right on my 6.1 device, so I do think WM may have changed something a little. I know that wasn't on your list, it was from the Vodafone 750. I just thought I'd try it since it was in the same folder. However the old basic WM themes that I saved from a long time ago DO work.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Thank you for the themes, BTW!!

Yeah, these are nice.

I like Graphite and Lumen the best.

I believe the registry changes are to force the gradient lower bar, but flat black upper bar as that is not a default setting. Neat effect though.

Edit: ignore the above, the reg changes don't do that. lol
    Last edited by Malatesta; 12/02/2008 at 09:57 PM.
    They look awesome, thanks!
    Don't I deserve a little thanks?
    BTW,
    I noticed you fixed the wallpaper @ 96dpi.
    Good Job!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Don't I deserve a little thanks?
    Okay....

Berd deserves a tiny (almost infinitesimally small) amount of thanks.

(Seriously though, I did get the Pro dump from him, so huge thanks! )
    The Graphite is awesome! Thanks
  16.    #16  
    Post this, come back a month later, and there's been 120 downloads.

Anyway, I was updating some other stuff after hard resetting (due to my testing the new version of RealVGA), and decided to update this so it's all in one nice neat little CAB.

Simply download, and install. Couldn't be easier.
    You guys are awesome!!! I was one of the 120. Primarily use Graphite now.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Treo 650...Treo 700p...Treo 800w...Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Post this, come back a month later, and there's been 120 downloads.

Anyway, I was updating some other stuff after hard resetting (due to my testing the new version of RealVGA), and decided to update this so it's all in one nice neat little CAB.

Simply download, and install. Couldn't be easier.
    Thanks, Ebag. Good to see someone still doing stuff for the 800.
    Nice job man! i also had to go with Lumen.
    Happy Holidays!
    Looks very slick. Once again Ebag333 works tirelessly to improve our 800w experience. What a guy!
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast