1.    #1  
    I'm a convert from a Treo 755p and a Centro before that (Centro was too small for my big fingers).

My only previous WinMo experience was an original Moto Q. It has taken me about a week to get my bearings straight in the Win OS again.

I've done a search and found many topics but its a lot to search thru when you're browsing from the Treo as I'm doing now.

So if yall don't mind here's a few questions.

1) What's the best Alarm program available for WinMo 6.1? The crap it comes with is useless. I am looking for something that will let me use one of the regular phone ringers for the alarm instead of the short tones that the standard alarm app gives us. ( or does anyone know how to set the standard alarm app to allow me to use one of the regular ring tones or a tone I upload to the phone? ) I used TreoAlarm on my 755p and loved it. I sure wish they made it for a WinMo OS.

2) What is the best backup app available? I am looking for one I can put on my SD card and save all the backups to the card.* I used NV Backup on the 755. Anything similar to that for WinMo?

3) What's with the extra space that's inserted SOMETIMES when the phone automatically completes an "apostrophied" word? And also, why won't it automatically put the apostrophy in "I'm"? The 755 did that but the 800 doesn't.

4) and lastly. I seem to be having issues with the phone locking up over night while its plugged in and charging. the one time I tried to use the alarm it didn't go off because the phone was locked up. I had to remove the battery and reset it. when it booted back up, the alarm started going off. didn't help me since I was already an hour late for work(laugh). it has also locked up other mornings. when I disconnect the plug it won't give me the acknowledge "beep" that u get when u pull the plug and the screen will be black and won't "wake" when pressing any button. again this requires a battery removal reset.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice. I am also open to suggestions on any good apps to download - and a good freeware downloade site - that yall think should be on any 800w owner's phone.
    1) I use GAlarm. It's free and does everything I need. There are lots of options thugh.

2) Sprite Backup (which is built into the ROM) works beautifully.

3) You can use a program to change the way that autocorrect works. Word Corrector I think it's called?

4) This thread will walk you through how to troubleshoot your device.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174260
  3.    #3  
    thank you for your reply.

I'll check out the alarm and word corrector programs you mentioned. should I be able to find them with a google search?

I still have a question about sprite. I don't see an option in the settings that will allow me to save the backup files on the SD card. now, I don't have a card in it yet. is that possibly why it is not showing me that option?

my concern is that if something should happen to the phone where I can't access the backup files stored on the phone's memory then i'm screwed if I need to get a new phone and don't have a backup on an SD card, which I could just slip into the new phone and restore with all the damaged phone's settings.
    You should be able to find them via Google. Here's a link to WC as it's a bit harder to find:
    http://mobile-sg.com/software/?p=Wor...r&platform=ppc

You need the SD card in to see the option. When it prompts you to save the backup, you choose the name and path. Without the SD card in, you can't see any of the folders on that SD card. It just lumps the SD folders in with the folders on the device.
  5.    #5  
    "You need the SD card in to see the option. When it prompts you to save the backup, you choose the name and path. Without the SD card in, you can't see any of the folders on that SD card. It just lumps the SD folders in with the folders on the device."

that what I was thinking as to why it wasn't showing me that option.

thanks again!