1.    #1  
    All-

Im trying to sync google calendar with my 800w. Ive tried to download gmobile sync, but it doesnt seem to operate on my phone- does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance for your help and happy holidays
    www.nuevasync.com

no software to install and its all automatic, over the air, and push.
    There's also Goosync.
    I like the look of NeuvaSync, but it looks like it requires me to change my ActiveSync settings. As a result, I will lose all of the synchronization with my company's domain.

I don't see anything on NeuvaSyncs site about syncing with Exchange accounts. Any idea how I could sync Google AND one or more Exchange accounts simultaneously?
    ah, yeah doing both might be an issue. They basically mirror an exchange server, so it would be the same problem as trying to sync two exchange servers.

if you're already syncing to an exchange server, why not run the desktop google calendar sync and have that calendar sync'ed from your desktop. End result will still be the same, but less work for your phone to do = better battery life.
    I currently sync to 2 different PC but no OTA servers. If I set a NeuvaSync account would it interfere with my active sync relationships for my 2 PC's?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    no, nuevasync does not interfere with pc activesync connections. you can maintain an exchange server seperate from pc sync.
    GooSync (as Alli mentioned) and OggSync are two of the best options for this. Both are transparent and offer a wide range of options/flexibility.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    if you're already syncing to an exchange server, why not run the desktop google calendar sync and have that calendar sync'ed from your desktop. End result will still be the same, but less work for your phone to do = better battery life.

Call me picky, but I am trying to do without desktop synchronization. I currently have e-mail, contacts, calendar, and tasks synchronized online somewhere.

E-mail is synced with 4 independent accounts - 1 Exchange and 3 Web Mail
    Contacts is synced 3-way with Exchange AND Windows Live
    Calendar is synced with Exchange
    Tasks is synced with Exchange

I would love to use the Windows Live (Hotmail) calendar the way I use Windows Live for contacts...
    If you use multiple calenders you should be aware that they are simply lumped together on the phone.

WM doesn't support two calenders (or even really two exchange/push servers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you use multiple calenders you should be aware that they are simply lumped together on the phone.

WM doesn't support two calenders (or even really two exchange/push servers).
    I suppose that (theoretically, if I had 2 or more calendars synced) I should be able to choose what calendar appointments get added to a specific calendar?
    Nope. It just grabs them all and throws them all on the calender together.

You can set categories, but that's a manual process I believe.
    There's more on this topic in http://forums.wmexperts.com/showthre...wpost&t=174257 where I've been trying out a few options and WMExperts are preparing for an article with reviews on this topic.

So far I've tried SyncMyCal, OGGSync, NuevaSync, mail2web, seven and now GooSync. NuevaSync has potential but will corrupt your data. It makes a mess of contacts.

GooSync is my vote so far if you can afford it (but I recommend no longer than 1 year subscription).
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Malatesta and RichChestmat, what makes you like oggsync and goosync better than nuevasync just to be curious? I've tried several programs myself, and strongly dislike having to run an additional app or manually sync my data. I've never had an issue with NuevaSync corrupting anything, and contact management is superb. Nueva has been the most transparent, lightest, and easiest method I have ever experienced. Works for me just as well as MobileMe does on my buddies Iphone.
    Never tried NuevaSync, so I'll take your word.

I've just used both Ogg and Goo for a long time with little to no problems. I just like the software and the options it offers (multiple calendars, contacts, etc.)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    NuevaSync cludges all calendars into one without decent category support. It does not support read-only calendars.
    NuevaSync strips photos from contacts and reformats all the address information stripping out carriage returns
    NuevaSync could be essential in the next year when they add the promised features such as push IMAP, true multi-calendar support, tasks and fix the contacts issue. Push syncing without an exchange server to Google and no client software will be awesome when it's delivered. Currently it's a free beta and has been down quite a lot. When they go gold they are almost likely to start charging. I have no complaints with that if they can deliver their potential.

GooSync is I think the best Google sync that is in production at this time. The SyncML client that it uses is feature rich and the syncing is fast on the premium version. The reason I only bought a 1 year subscription is that I think by December 2009 NuevaSync or A.N.Other will be ready.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    another vote for goosync. i have confess, i've never done an activesync with my 800
    Quote Originally Posted by RichChestmat View Post
    NuevaSync cludges all calendars into one without decent category support. It does not support read-only calendars.
    NuevaSync strips photos from contacts and reformats all the address information stripping out carriage returns
    NuevaSync could be essential in the next year when they add the promised features such as push IMAP, true multi-calendar support, tasks and fix the contacts issue. Push syncing without an exchange server to Google and no client software will be awesome when it's delivered. Currently it's a free beta and has been down quite a lot. When they go gold they are almost likely to start charging. I have no complaints with that if they can deliver their potential.

GooSync is I think the best Google sync that is in production at this time. The SyncML client that it uses is feature rich and the syncing is fast on the premium version. The reason I only bought a 1 year subscription is that I think by December 2009 NuevaSync or A.N.Other will be ready.
    Not sure if it used to or what, but NuevaSync does not currently strip pictures out of contacts when syncing either way. When contacts with photos go into my google contacts, the pictures go with it, but google only displays the pics if there is an email address on the contact. It's weird, but its a google issue, not a NS issue. As soon as you add an email address, the pic that was assigned on your phone appears.

Vice versa, if I have contacts in Gmail that have their pics assigned from the users own profile, then that pic is synced along with the contact down to my phone and is displayed properly. Once again, contact is only shown on my phone if it has a phone number in it.

X2 on the IMAP push support, once that is there, NS will be the killer sync service.