Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Thanks for the reply. There are just 11 small squares on that blue screen.

I'm not sure what I did to cause it. I didn't even attempt your gps instructions yet. Like I said I was only re-setting up my phone. I doubt the palm patches would mess with the boot loader, especially since I've used them before.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!
    Can you recreate what you did before this happened? I know it's tough, but it might give us an idea.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I can't even get the phone to start, so I can't retry my steps. But really the phone was clean. I just setup Exchange and then the usb charging patch from Palms site which required a reboot. That's it. Then it didn't come back.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    I can't even get the phone to start, so I can't retry my steps. But really the phone was clean. I just setup Exchange and then the usb charging patch from Palms site which required a reboot. That's it. Then it didn't come back.

After installing the USB patch from Palm my device also started to freeze on the Palm screen after a reset. I did a hard reset, did not install the USB patch and no problems with getting stuck on a reset.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Well, the Sprint store replaced the phone. What a run around too. Sprint ecare says one thing, one store rep says another, then the tech says a third.

5 hours later, I have my phone. Luckily I didn't wait there for the entire time.
    Glad you got it replaced. That looked well and bricked.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Me too. It was hard using the 700wx again. What a brick (size-wise). Though I gotta say, that device is stable.

Hopefully this Treo, number 4 since July, lasts longer than 2 months.
    All,

I just purchased an 800w yesterday at the Sprint Store. Worked fine (for about a day) until I installed the same patch off Palm's site at the recommendation of the Sprint rep (the 800xusbota patch). Now it's toast in the same manner. Soft reset freezes as the OS loads, and hard reset gives blue screen. THINK TWICE BEFORE INSTALLING!! Wish me luck in getting the local store to replace it.
    This is the first instance I've heard of the patch causing problems.

I've installed it at least a half dozen times myself. Most likely a file didn't get installed properly for whatever reason. That's not typical.
    Hmmm . . . It is strange. This was the first install (of anything) I'd done. Is there anything else I can try, short of returning it? Is there anything I should have done differently in the install? This is my first WM, but I've had Palm OS for about 10 years on multiple Treos
  10. r2m
    Damn my 800w apparently also bricked last night. I think if they don't replace for free/cheap, it might be time to switch to a Touch Pro.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12