Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had some trouble with Google Maps. I reinstalled to my expansion card and it worked fine. My calendar stopped working, so I tried a hard reset and the phone is just stuck on the WinMo 6.1 boot screen. I have Weather Panel, Kevtris, Google Maps installed. I think I may have to go the sprint store.
  2.    #2  
    I can't get it to sync, either. I thought that this might break the loop. I have removed the expansion card and that didn't seem to help.
    How did you hard reset?

Have you tried hard resetting again?

Do you have the USB cable plugged in while trying to reset?
  4.    #4  
    I just took the battery out. Is that a hard reset?
  5.    #5  
    I didn't have it plugged in when I took the battery out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    I just took the battery out. Is that a hard reset?
    No, that's a soft reset. In order to hard reset you hold the red end key while putting the battery back in, then pressing up on the directional pad when prompted.
    This thread can assist you in troubleshooting:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=174260
  8.    #8  
    thanks.
  9.    #9  
    I got the phone through an actual hard reset and it worked. I stupidly put the data card back in and did a soft reset. That seems to have stuck the phone in a Palm screen and Blue Screen with White Blips death loop. I will make sure that I use Sprite with my new phone. Unfortunately, Sprite made my laptop freeze the 2x I tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawlmer Bear View Post
    I got the phone through an actual hard reset and it worked. I stupidly put the data card back in and did a soft reset. That seems to have stuck the phone in a Palm screen and Blue Screen with White Blips death loop.
    Works without the SD card, fails with it......I would be blaming a bad card, rather than the device.

It's certainly possible that the device is defective, but I'd be testing multiple cards and freshly formatted cards before determining that.
  11.    #11  
    It won't work even without the card now. So, that is why I think it is the device. It might have been the card that started this whole fiasco, but I don't know. I tried your helpful suggestions, talked to Palm and took it to a Sprint Store. None of these options have revived my phone.
    Hard resetting ends up with the same thing? And you're doing an actual hard reset where you are prompted to clear the data, correct?

That seems very very odd to me. It's an extremely strange failure to have.
  13.    #13  
    I can't get it to hard reset. An actual hard reset will allow it to progress through the Palm Screen, then it gets to the blue screen with white dots in the upper right corner. I have tried to press up at this blue screen to get it to reset and it is just completely non-responsive. I found a thread on a frozen 800w on here that had the same screen, so I am not alone in this boat. It sounds like the dude who stated this thread is having the same problem.
    How long are you holding down the end key (red phone button) when trying to hard reset?
  15.    #15  
    Here is what I do, I pull the battery from an uplugged treo (with the card pulled), then replace the battery and press the red button. I continue to hold the button and remove and replace the battery (I have to do this quickly, before it locks on the Palm screen). When I do this manuever sucessfully, the phone boots through the palm screen to the Blue screen with the White dots of death in the upper corner.
    Try this.

With the battery removed and the phone unplugged from the charger or USB, hold the end key (red phone button).

While holding the end key, replace the battery.

Continue holding the end key. You will see the loading screen (with the Palm logo) hang at about 25%.

Continue holding the end key. The loading should continue.

Once the bar is 100%, you should be prompted if you want to hard reset. Now you can release the end key, and press the up arrow (on the 5 way) to select yes.

If you press and hold the red button after you put the battery in, you're likely not triggering the hard reset process.
  17.    #17  
    i will try to do this. I haven't held the button down that long. Maybe it will avoid the blue-screen-of-death.
  18.    #18  
    Ebag,

thanks for all your tips. I wish Palm and Sprint would have been as helpful.
    I'm pretty sure that's documented in the manual. You know, RTFM?

Let me know how that works out (or doesn't) for you.
  20.    #20  
    I followed the link on Palm's site for hard resets and I didn't understand it to say what you said.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast