Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Thanks to NightRaven and Vetack for their hard work in improving the 700wx's 6.1 ROM, they figured out the settings needed for enabling MMS in Palm's Threaded Messaging.

To install:
    Download the CAB at the end of this post, and run on your 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by samboy View Post
    If I go to pictures and videos then highlight a picture and hit send, I only have the option to send via email accounts. There is a sms option, but its grayed out. Any ideas why this is still disabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's easy.

Install the "official" Sprint version which adds this feature.

Install Ebags version which offers the Palm threaded version.

Both work together as far as I can tell--best of both worlds.

These are the registry settings needed:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    "NetworkProfile"="The Internet"
    "MmsUrl"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms"
    "EmailCenterNumber"="6245"
    "UseManualNetworkSettings"=dword:00000001
    "MmsGatewayAddress"=""
    "MessageCenterNumber"=""
    "LastKnownSmsMmsPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "LoggingEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab"=dword:00000001
    "IsMMSSupported"=dword:00000001
    "IsVerizon"=dword:00000001
    "SendDisabled"=dword:00000000
    "ValidityPeriodAvailable"=dword:00000000
    "UseVodaphoneVoicemail"=dword:00000000
    "ShowSmsToMmsConvertWarning"=dword:00000000
    "IsGSM"=dword:00000000

Sending an MMS:

Viewing a sent MMS:

MMS Alert:

MMS in threaded conversation:

MMS Body:

Sprint PictureMail Page:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ebag333; 12/04/2008 at 08:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    any ideas what settings are needed just to enable mms in the threaded app if it's already installed on vz with winmo 6.1?

there's already palm messaging entries so i guess MS just licensed palms app and includes it in 6.1?

if i add the varnish section- does that seem likely to enable it?

I have a samsung i770 on vz.

if that doesn't sound too stuip I'll try it out.
    I was able to send a video to my wife and a sound clip. The video took about 6 minutes to get out, the sound, which I sent after the video, went instantly. Another cool improvement. Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    any ideas what settings are needed just to enable mms in the threaded app if it's already installed on vz with winmo 6.1?

there's already palm messaging entries so i guess MS just licensed palms app and includes it in 6.1?

if i add the varnish section- does that seem likely to enable it?

I have a samsung i770 on vz.

if that doesn't sound too stuip I'll try it out.
    Look in the 700wx forum, in the custom ROM thread. The settings are posted there.

This will not work for Verizon, but does enable the advanced settings so you could install this, then change the settings manually.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by AS329 View Post
    I was able to send a video to my wife and a sound clip. The video took about 6 minutes to get out, the sound, which I sent after the video, went instantly. Another cool improvement. Thanks!
    Excellent!

Thanks for helping me out (I was trying to get out of work and ran out of time ).
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Look in the 700wx forum, in the custom ROM thread. The settings are posted there.

This will not work for Verizon, but does enable the advanced settings so you could install this, then change the settings manually.

thanks I'll dig there...
    Will this work with the Poutlook version of text messaging (Hannips)?
    You may want to consider blocking out that phone number. Good work btw.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

I tried adding the advanced settings key - but didn't see any advanced settngs pop up in the menus. Does it just show up on the page with ask for receipts and send callback number dialog buttons?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Will this work with the Poutlook version of text messaging (Hannips)?
    I knew someone was going to ask that.

Read the title: Enable MMS in Palm Threaded Messaging.

In otherwords, no. Hannip's poutlook switch uses the default SMS client in WM. Frankly, the way that poutlook integrates MMS (at least with the Sprint PictureMail proggy) is absolutely crappy IMHO. I used poutlook for a long time, and didn't really care because both did what I wanted, just poutlook had the extra bonus of being integrated in with my mail. Palm's threaded messaging doesn't have that bonus, but with MMS (which I simply would not use at all with the Sprint PictureMail implementation)....

Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    You may want to consider blocking out that phone number. Good work btw.
    Gah, I'd thought I'd gotten them all. Thanks.

I tried adding the advanced settings key - but didn't see any advanced settngs pop up in the menus. Does it just show up on the page with ask for receipts and send callback number dialog buttons?
    You'll need to change the key without the messaging program running, and soft reset afterwards (not by pulling the battery).
  11.    #11  
    I've updated the CAB with the EmailCenterNumber (which is used in converting SMS/MMS to E-Mail and vice versa).

I've also changed the name of the CAB to be more specific (from Sprint to Palm).

If you want to upgrade, I suggest removing the old version first and installing the new version, or simply install the new version over the old one (because of the name change you'll probably have two versions in the Add/Remove programs list).

And a bump for more feedback on this (not that there's a lot I can change ).
    hey can someone point out to me where the download is? Or can I not see it because i'm surfing the mobile site from my 800w? Also do I have to install the cab or are there just registry settings I can change?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    hey can someone point out to me where the download is? Or can I not see it because i'm surfing the mobile site from my 800w? Also do I have to install the cab or are there just registry settings I can change?
    The registry settings are posted in the first post if you want to change them manually.

I'm able to download the CAB from the mobile site directly to my phone (it's in the first post, attached at the end).
    The registry settings are posted in the first post if you want to change them manually.

I'm able to download the CAB from the mobile site directly to my phone (it's in the first post, attached at the end).
    FWIW I cannot get it from my mobile either. DL'd to my desktop and emailed to myself. Nor can I read the reg edits on my phone...BigPapaGato probably can't see them either in that box.
  15.    #15  
    Oh, I lied, I went directly to the regular site on my phone.
    yep its true I went to the regular site and downloaded the cab but I can't scroll through the code box to see its entire contents... mind emailing me it? bigpapagato@gmail.com
    installed the cabn successfully but i'm getting error messages when I send a picture... guesing I need to also manually change the registry settings.
    Status Detail
    Network Failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later.
    Code: Error-Network-Problem

sent to a non sprint user off of my Sprint 800w
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    yep-

thats an error becasue you have the wrong server settings.
  19.    #19  
    yep-

thats an error becasue you have the wrong server settings.
    One would assume that since this is the 800w forum, Gato has an 800w and thus Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapaGato View Post
    Status Detail
    Network Failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later.
    Code: Error-Network-Problem

sent to a non sprint user off of my Sprint 800w
    I have sent several MMS's (pictures) to Verizon users with no problems.

Here's the registry settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    "NetworkProfile"="The Internet"
    "MmsUrl"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms"
    "EmailCenterNumber"="6245"
    "UseManualNetworkSettings"=dword:00000001
    "MmsGatewayAddress"=""
    "MessageCenterNumber"=""
    "LastKnownSmsMmsPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "LoggingEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab"=dword:00000001
    "IsMMSSupported"=dword:00000001
    "IsVerizon"=dword:00000001
    "SendDisabled"=dword:00000000
    "ValidityPeriodAvailable"=dword:00000000
    "UseVodaphoneVoicemail"=dword:00000000
    "ShowSmsToMmsConvertWarning"=dword:00000000
    "IsGSM"=dword:00000000
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Works great! Thanks!!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast