Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
  1.    #161  
    This will work on it's own. Personally I *HATE* the way Sprint does theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've sent them to folks on Verizon with no problems.

Have you tried the WiFI workaround mentioned above?
    ya, i tried with my home wifi and nothing different. I don't get an error message but it doesn't send it either.

ok, so bad news, the sync stopped working. Now i have to delete everything out of my phone, delete the phone out of active sync, delete my bluetooth device from windows, then reinstall everything to get it to connect. Once it connects it does some weird things and if i disconnect i have to go through the whole process again. whew, WM is wearing me out.
  3.    #163  
    If you're within 90 days or purchase then Palm will help you setup your device.

Check out their support page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you're within 90 days or purchase then Palm will help you setup your device.

Check out their support page.
    haha, their answer was a hard reset! lol
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just had to get a new phone because of a hardware button issue. I restored a full Sprite backup and everything seems to be running fine...except this MMS hack. I checked the registry setting after the restore, and they are all the same as on the old phone and listed here. I tried Sprint's MMS update, which refused to initiate, so I re-installed it, and I was able to send myself a picture. However, I cannot send MMS via Palm's app. When I try to send a picture, at first, i seems to display a progress indicator in the top right corner, but it never gets past 10%. Then, I get this response:
    "Could not deliver this message. Message expired or Message rejected"
    I have tried sending to myself, and to someone on another network. I kept the picture size small too, the whole message is about 48k.
    I did try to make one change in the setup. On my old phone, I had updated the registry manually, and I did not use "The Internet" as the Network Profile. Instead, I used "My ISP" and on my old phone, it worked just fine. On this phone, when I first couldn't send, I used the Advanced Configuration in the app to change it to "The Internet", but either way, I get the messages.
    Any ideas?
  6.    #166  
    did you try the other options other than "The Internet"?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I just tried "My Work Network", which I do see in my connections manager, and also Default. They both give the same error. I have no reason to believe any of the other choices in the dropdown list would work, as none of them are configured in any way that I can see on the phone.
  8.    #168  
    Do you have an active data connection when you're trying to use it?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Yes, during weekdays my work email is on Exchange Push, so I have a data connection almost all day. Do you think that affects it? I was able to send ok with Sprint's app, wouldn't that have the same problem?
  10.    #170  
    Hmm, I was wondering if maybe it didn't initiate a data connection.

Did you try the WiFi hack mentioned previously?
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I don't use WiFi much at all, but I am going to try to see if it works. Still, if it does work, doesn't really tell us why it fails.
  12.    #172  
    No it doesn't...

Hmm, have you done all the fixes/patches/etc linked in the FAQ?

Thinking maybe one of those is the reason (such as the Rev. A one?).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I'm a bit hesitant to try anything that I did not do on my old phone. I was very satisfied with it's performance and reliability until the darn button broke. I know I did not do the Rev A hack, but I had no problem with connection speed, and I do use Skyfire a bit, so I think I'd notice a slow connection. I did do a full restore from my old phone, so I believe that any hack I did on it that involved the registry especially would have transferred to the new one. That's one of the reasons why I'm a bit surprised this isn't working, when it worked so well on the old phone.
  14.    #174  
    Rev A isn't a reg hack.

I don't think that any of the fixes generated by the user community are reg hacks (not the ones listed in the FAQ at least).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Let's look at this logically as I think outloud. I have Treo800w Phone A. I make the MMS registry changes, it works. I make a full backup. I restore unto Treo800w Phone B. Now, I can't send MMS through Palm's app.

1) My account entitlements and setup did not change, so there should be no problem there.
    2) Any registry changes I did on Phone A should have been copied unto Phone B with the restore, so there should be no differences there.
    3) I never at any time on Phone A went into any of the ## screens, so any options that could be changed there were not touched, as I have not touched them on Phone B.

If we have have eliminated account setup/entitlements & the registry, what can be different that would cause the send to succeed on Phone A and fail on Phone B? Some hidden picturemail credentials that were never setup on Phone B? Whatever it is, it doesn't effect Sprint's PictureMail application, which works fine.

In addition:
    1) I tried to send something after my "peak" hours, so I could disconnect my data connection. When I hit send, the phone did make a new data connection, so it is seemingly trying to send correctly.
    2) In looking at a more detailed error message, it definitely says Network connection or timeout issue.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I have just verified that the WiFi "solution" works for my phone. I can send if I connect to WiFi. Then, when I shut WiFi off, I can send thru EVDO. I have no doubt that if I soft-reset, I won't be able to send, just like the others who tried this. Since I know this phone should not have a different registry than my old phone due to the restore, might we have eliminated a registry issue as a cause of this?
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Okay, quick question...

Is there any way to change the default browser that this application uses to launch the sprint webpage to view pictures? It seems to want to open PIE, and I have opera mini set as the default browser (even email uses opera)... this app always wants to open the links in mms with PIE...

also... is there any way to sort the palm messaging app to have the newest messages at the bottom rather than the top? I can do this with email, and just wanted to do the same with sms/mms... is there a registry fix or something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Cool, will do. Article is up.

ps are people maybe having problems because of a conflict between "Network Profile" in the Messaging app and what their device is set to use for internet as default under the Global settings? Perhaps people switched them around...or they just don't have a PM account configured. Dunno.
    I can't get it to work. Is there anyway to explain this more? settings - connections - advanced - select networks - network management - there are two settings in there what should they be?

the palm messaging options - advance - check manual? - edit - there are 5 things in there starting with Message center number what should be in those 5 things?
  19.    #179  
    All you have to do is run the CAB in the first post.

If it doesn't work, are you sure you have picturemail and data enabled? (You need both.)
    After messing with it for a few hrs I got it to work. After I checked Do not allow a voice call to interrupt my data session it worked.

thanks
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast