Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    How would something get screwed up if i didn't have anything else installed on this phone?
    That's not what you said in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    I had sprint picture mail installed and it would work through the long route. I installed this threaded MMS and now i can't send picturemail at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and my MMS is completely destroyed.
    Have you tried hard resetting and starting from scratch?
    I have been trying to add this to my Palm 800w, but I can not for some reason. Everytime I run the .xml file on my phone it does not install the program. The zip file only contains:

Enable~1.000
    000dummy.001
    _setup.xml

What am I doing wrong. It seems to work for everyone else on this thread.
    All I keep getting when I run the setup.xml is this:

<wap-provisioningdoc>
    - <characteristic type="Install">
    <parm name="InstallPhase" value="install" />
    <parm name="OSVersionMin" value="4.0" />
    <parm name="OSVersionMax" value="5.99" />
    <parm name="BuildNumberMin" value="0" />
    <parm name="BuildNumberMax" value="-536870912" />
    <parm name="AppName" value="Ebag Enable Palm MMS" />
    <parm name="InstallDir" value="%CE1%" translation="install" />
    <parm name="NumDirs" value="1" />
    <parm name="NumFiles" value="1" />
    <parm name="NumRegKeys" value="2" />
    <parm name="NumRegVals" value="16" />
    <parm name="NumShortcuts" value="0" />
    </characteristic>
    - <characteristic type="FileOperation">
    - <characteristic type="%CE1%" translation="install">
    <characteristic type="MakeDir" />
    - <characteristic type="dummy.txt" translation="install">
    - <characteristic type="Extract">
    <parm name="Source" value="000dummy.001" />
    </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
    - <characteristic type="Registry">
    - <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General">
    <parm name="ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab" value="1" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="IsMMSSupported" value="1" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="IsVerizon" value="1" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="SendDisabled" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="ValidityPeriodAvailable" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="UseVodaphoneVoicemail" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="ShowSmsToMmsConvertWarning" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="IsGSM" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    </characteristic>
    - <characteristic type="HKLM\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs">
    <parm name="NetworkProfile" value="The Internet" datatype="string" />
    <parm name="MmsUrl" value="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms" datatype="string" />
    <parm name="EmailCenterNumber" value="6245" datatype="string" />
    <parm name="UseManualNetworkSettings" value="1" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="MmsGatewayAddress" value="" datatype="string" />
    <parm name="MessageCenterNumber" value="" datatype="string" />
    <parm name="LastKnownSmsMmsPolicy" value="1" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="LoggingEnabled" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    </characteristic>
    </characteristic>
    </wap-provisioningdoc>
    This works great...thanks for putting it together! I tried the "authorized" version first and it doesn't hold a candle to this app. I had major problems with Sprint's version not closing out after sending a MMS and it made my phone run slow as hell. I even tried closing the app manually through the task manager, which would not close it. Basically, with the authorized version, I was forced to pull the battery after each sent MMS.

As I said, this version runs flawlessly and it's much more intuitive.

Thanks again,

Phil
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffzill13 View Post
    I have been trying to add this to my Palm 800w, but I can not for some reason. Everytime I run the .xml file on my phone it does not install the program. The zip file only contains:

Enable~1.000
    000dummy.001
    _setup.xml

What am I doing wrong. It seems to work for everyone else on this thread.

You do not need to extract the cab.

See this for instructions on how to install a CAB file.

http://www.pocketpccentral.net/help/...l_cab_file.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's not what you said in your post.

Have you tried hard resetting and starting from scratch?
    i thought installing both the sprint picture mail and this threaded cab was a whole deal together. that was what i refered to as having nothing else but what was said to install on this thread.

i'll try a hard reset but that sucks since i've only had the phone a few weeks. 500$ POS is what it is.....i shouldn't have to hard reset my phone and go through this trouble for a new phone that cost this much. I'm slowly losing confidence in palm.
  7.    #147  
    If you don't want to have to deal with hard resets, setting up your phone, or "going through this trouble", I suggest you try a Blackberry or Palm OS phone.

WM phones by nature are far more customizable than their counterparts, but that means that sometimes you have to jump through a few hoops.

You may also want to consider taking the phone down to the Sprint store and asking them to help you with it.
    ya, i loved my treo with palm os. I haven't been on windows mobile since wm5.0 on my Q and i hoped 6.1 had most of those issues fixed.

I wish there was a way to put the palm OS rom onto the 800w.

did a hard reset, going to see if it made a difference in picture messaging.
    "could not deliver message. Message failed or denied"

Nothing on the phone but contacts, sprint picture mail, then this cab
  10.    #150  
    Are you sure you have PictureMail on your account? Do you have data blocked (either in your plan or on your phone)?

Knowing that error from the beginning would have been nice. That's rather different than "mms is completely destroyed".....
    i've had a complete unlimited package for 4 years now. I've never in my life had a problem sending any pics of videos until this phone. I highly doubt it is my account unless sprint changed something that doesn't allow picture messaging to work with new phones.

Also remember that it worked when i just had sprint MMS installed. I didn't start having problems until this. Now i can't get my old sprint mms to work by itself either.
  12.    #152  
    If you can't get either one to work, it's not the program.

Go down to the Sprint store and have them check your account and your phone (just to make sure something isn't setup wrong).

Sprint is retiring old plans, and it's possible that your old plan (assuming you've been on the same one for 4 years) was changed to a newer version.

Or you can mail it to me. I'd be more than happy to look at it, no charge (just cover shipping both ways).
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    Okay, some more testing. No matter what I change the settings to in the app (or in the registry) I am having no luck. If I turn on wifi, don't connect to anything, then turn it off, I still can't send. If I turn on wifi, connect to a network, use that to send a picture, then turn off wifi, I can continue to send MMS until I soft reset.

Now, obviously it's smart enough to figure out which connection to use, because when I send an MMS (fail or no) the EV arrows light up like it's dialing out and connecting. But it fails. It has to be something related to the different network settings and names that connecting to wifi changes. Please help us figure this out!
    I have two different 800w phones and they both work exactly as samadam's does. To make it work, I have to connect via WiFi the 1st time and I can use EVDO until a soft reset. BTW, I do NOT have the Sprint picturemail application installed.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    So basically this program is still allegedly working great and flawlessly for some, while others are still getting error messages when sending pics? Damn shame too. sMMS works, but is quite cumbersome when compared to this. It would seem to me that this would be the hottest thread in the 800w catergory, but maybe I'm the only one fiending to get this thing working properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    If you can't get either one to work, it's not the program.

Go down to the Sprint store and have them check your account and your phone (just to make sure something isn't setup wrong).

Sprint is retiring old plans, and it's possible that your old plan (assuming you've been on the same one for 4 years) was changed to a newer version.

Or you can mail it to me. I'd be more than happy to look at it, no charge (just cover shipping both ways).
    ya, i guess i'll have to head down there next week and see if they can double check my account. I'll be there for hours and they will probably just give me a refurb phone because the only store we have employs people that know nothing about phones. they couldn't get my sms to work on my centro 2 years ago when i first got it so they switched my phone out 4 times and still couldn't get it working. I ended up spending 4 hours on the phone with a guy at sprint to find out that my account was never setup for sms from the beginning.

thanks for the suggestions. I'll check back once i let them take a look at it. I've started adding things to it so i have more in my registry now. I can still try one of these registry dumps you are talking about to see if you can pinpoint the problem. I have RegEdit from task manager 2.7 if that makes a difference on what to do.

sorry about being cranky. with my new phone not working and as busy as we get over the holidays (working a clinic and hospital 16 hour days) I get frustrated when i pay for something that should work.
  16.    #156  
    I totally understand how you feel. I get the same way (which is why once my phone was working I didn't touch it over the holiday's ).

Palm has a way of remoting into your phone so they can help you configure it. I wonder how they do that, it'd come in handy at times.....
    hey ebag, check out my activesync problem. My 800w is starting to fall apart. I can't sync my contacts back to my phone since I hard reset it. I typed up all i've done.
    ok, i got mine figured out.

after a hard reset something was screwed up and it added 2 desktops to my activesync. Go into active sync, then into settings. It gives you the options to choose what you want synced. When i looked at mine i noticed i had 2 separate computers on there. Shouldn't happen because i only have 1 computer i sync to. I deleted the first "desktop" it showed (highlight and choose delete) then i reconnected to my notebook and BAM! synced right up.

still no picturemail. Although i did have 1 picturemail go through this week when trying. I sent a mobile upload friday to mobile@facebook.com (using the old method of sprint picturemail) and it went through.

is there a way that maybe my phone won't send picturemail to people on other networks. I'm almost certain all the people i send them to are on verizon. My entire family and gf's family are all on verizon. maybe that's the issue?
  19.    #159  
    I've sent them to folks on Verizon with no problems.

Have you tried the WiFI workaround mentioned above?
    This works great; I plan on doing a hard reset because my phone is running sluggish. Do I still need to install the sprint MMS cab? Or will this work on its own?
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast