Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Humm....

I can dig into it more. No promises though. I'm pretty sure there's not a way to change it.
    I just did a hard reset. Installed no other software. Just installed this mms for palm threaded. I get the connection, can't send, USB etc error. Then I connect to Wifi, problem goes away, pictures, video and sound send fine.

Disconnect from wifi and it still works. Maybe it is changing the name of a connection somewhere. That is the only thing I can think of, but I am willing to get this to work to be able to send videos and sounds.
    I joined the cellphone thing late: razr v3m->treo 800w
    Okay, some more testing. No matter what I change the settings to in the app (or in the registry) I am having no luck. If I turn on wifi, don't connect to anything, then turn it off, I still can't send. If I turn on wifi, connect to a network, use that to send a picture, then turn off wifi, I can continue to send MMS until I soft reset.

Now, obviously it's smart enough to figure out which connection to use, because when I send an MMS (fail or no) the EV arrows light up like it's dialing out and connecting. But it fails. It has to be something related to the different network settings and names that connecting to wifi changes. Please help us figure this out!
    I got registry dumps from several points along the process, and I am not seeing any one thing that connecting to Wifi changes that would affect the process. But I will keep looking. Something like this should be in the registry, right? I don't know where else to look.
  5.    #125  
    You can look in the advanced settings in the MMS settings. It shows which connection is being used there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    You can look in the advanced settings in the MMS settings. It shows which connection is being used there.
    You would think that, right? But here's the deal: It seems to not really follow a pattern regarding that option. I did the wifi send fix, then disconnected wifi. Then I changed the MMS setting to "My Work Network" and then sent an MMS just fine. I don't even have a work network configured! Changing it to "Secure WAP connection" stops it though, and changing it back to "The Internet" doesn't fix it. The wifi send trick then fixes it right back up again. So there is something about sending a picture with Wifi on that fixes it and sets it right.
    Last edited by samadam; 12/21/2008 at 12:30 AM.
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    You would think that, right? But here's the deal: It seems to not really follow a pattern regarding that option. I did the wifi send fix, then disconnected wifi. Then I changed the MMS setting to "My Work Network" and then sent an MMS just fine. I don't even have a work network configured! Changing it to "Secure WAP connection" stops it though, and changing it back to "The Internet" doesn't fix it. The wifi send trick then fixes it right back up again. So there is something about sending a picture with Wifi on that fixes it and sets it right.
    Could you send me a reg dump from when it is and is not working?

I can diff the registries and see if there's anything in there that catches my eye.

PM me for my e-mail.
    Could you send me a reg dump from when it is and is not working?

I can diff the registries and see if there's anything in there that catches my eye.

PM me for my e-mail.
    I will do that. I spent an hour looking through all of the diffs from 5 different dumps without any luck.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I don't think so. Not that I've seen, and I think there's a size limit on Sprint's side.
    so on sprint changing the registry values for maxium size doesn't work (or probably more appropriately eventually it gets capped)?

I figured there must be a maximum size the server would allow at some point.
    I tried to install the .cab file on my treo 800w and it said the installation was unsuccessfull. Anybody know why? Also, when i do get this thing installed how do i change the registry settings?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tranait View Post
    I tried to install the .cab file on my treo 800w and it said the installation was unsuccessfull. Anybody know why? Also, when i do get this thing installed how do i change the registry settings?

Thanks
    The cab you are installing is doing the registry edits. There is no actual software being installed, just a shortcut to the registry changes. You could edit the registry yourself with something like phm registry editor and skip the CAB.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by tranait View Post

Thanks
    Try installing it after a soft reset.

This probably won't install if the program is running.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 12/22/2008 at 05:09 PM.
    I installed it a few days ago and sending worked fine, however last night I tried to send a picture it said the picture was too big and then my messenger application went crazy. I had a blackscreen when trying to open up one of my chat threads which wouldn't go away, when I try to delete the thread the program just locks up on me, I have been able to purge all other threads, just that one last thread that has the blackscreen stays. And I had trouble sending regular texts to that same contact any ideas?
    Last edited by squares; 12/23/2008 at 06:19 PM.
    I had sprint picture mail installed and it would work through the long route. I installed this threaded MMS and now i can't send picturemail at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and my MMS is completely destroyed.

I so hate this stupid 800w. why can't palm make a simple MMS like every other phone since 2001? I'm going to give it 1 more day of trying to get it to work then i'm back to my centro with palm OS that worked great every time.
  15.    #135  
    Binder:

Sounds like some core stuff got screwed up.

Now, this installer ONLY changes a handful of registry settings. It doesn't turn on something that wasn't there before, it doesn't add new DLL's, doesn't change anything.

For the people who are having problems, I suggest you hard reset and install this on a clean install.

The problems you are experiencing aren't from this installer, there's a deeper issue at play.

In the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum is a walkthrough on how to troubleshoot issues.

I know a hard reset is something highly dreaded, and something people avoid at all costs....but it's really honestly not that bad. I can resetup my phone in half an hour, even from scratch.

Do a hard reset, and setup your phone again. make a backup with your clean setup, and hard resetting becomes a simple matter.
    Binder:

Now, this installer ONLY changes a handful of registry settings. It doesn't turn on something that wasn't there before, it doesn't add new DLL's, doesn't change anything.

For the people who are having problems, I suggest you hard reset and install this on a clean install.

The problems you are experiencing aren't from this installer, there's a deeper issue at play.

In the FAQ stickied at the top of the forum is a walkthrough on how to troubleshoot issues.

I know a hard reset is something highly dreaded, and something people avoid at all costs....but it's really honestly not that bad. I can resetup my phone in half an hour, even from scratch.

Do a hard reset, and setup your phone again. make a backup with your clean setup, and hard resetting becomes a simple matter.
    Have you looked at my registry dumps? I sent them a while ago. I had done a hard reset right before installing that. Then my phone started crashing, so now I did another hard reset and am going to try to tweak and install as little as possible to make this thing stable this time around.
  17.    #137  
    I'm sorry, I haven't had a chance yet.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samadam View Post
    I just did a hard reset. Installed no other software. Just installed this mms for palm threaded. I get the connection, can't send, USB etc error. Then I connect to Wifi, problem goes away, pictures, video and sound send fine.

Disconnect from wifi and it still works. Maybe it is changing the name of a connection somewhere. That is the only thing I can think of, but I am willing to get this to work to be able to send videos and sounds.
    I am having the same problem. Here is another clue.

I am traveling for the Holidays and I thought I would give it a try. It works all the time!! Even after a soft reset.

I am in a Roaming area.
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    I am having the same problem. Here is another clue.

I am traveling for the Holidays and I thought I would give it a try. It works all the time!! Even after a soft reset.

I am in a Roaming area.
    I tried switching to roaming only, no luck.
    Binder:

i had zero 3rd party software on my phone when i did this. It was a new phone from only a couple weeks ago.

My registry settings are exactly what are in the first post. matches perfectly. That was the first thing i checked.

How would something get screwed up if i didn't have anything else installed on this phone?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast