Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 211
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For those of you who it isn't working, I'm going to need a registry dump in order to figure this out.

    You can PM me for where to send it.
    I would be apparently my post count is too low so hopefully someone else does so newbs like me can get some help
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    I an pretty much a noobie. When you say dump.

    It that a just a backup using PHM Registry editor?
    Yup. Just make sure you save it in .REG format (Win RegEdit 4) and not PHM's proprietary format.

    Just highlight one of the main keys, click and hold, and you'll get the export option. Repeat for each of the other two main keys (I don't need HKEY_USERS).
  3. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #83  
    Ebag

    I sent you a PM with my email address
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    Ebag

    I sent you a PM with my email address
    Got the registry dumps. Interesting.

    Here's what you sent (the relevant bits).

    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    "LastKnownSmsMmsPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "CreateChatEnum"=dword:00000003
    "LoggingEnabled"=dword:00000000
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "IsVerizon"=dword:00000000
    "IsMMSSupported"=dword:00000000
    "ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab"=dword:00000000
    "SendDisabled"=dword:00000000

    And here's what you should have:

    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    "NetworkProfile"="The Internet"
    "MmsUrl"="http://mms.sprintpcs.com/servlets/mms"
    "EmailCenterNumber"="6245"
    "UseManualNetworkSettings"=dword:00000001
    "MmsGatewayAddress"=""
    "MessageCenterNumber"=""
    "LastKnownSmsMmsPolicy"=dword:00000001
    "LoggingEnabled"=dword:00000000
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]
    "ShowAdvancedPreferencesTab"=dword:00000001
    "IsMMSSupported"=dword:00000001
    "IsVerizon"=dword:00000001
    "SendDisabled"=dword:00000000

    It's like the CAB isn't even installed. Can you try installing the CAB again?
  5. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #85  
    My bad. I forgot I uninstalled it.

    Ok really weird. I reinstalled tried it and it didn’t work. I exported the registry.

    I linked up to my PC to get the files off.

    I was going to give you the SMS received error message that I get when it fails, so I tried it again to get the correct error message(I deleted the old ones). This time it worked while I was connected to my PC. I disconnected and it still works.



    I found the SMS error I was getting. “network failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later. Code: Error-Network-Problem”

    This message came in as a SMS message 30 sec or so after I tried to send.

    I guess I am OK. Thanks
  6. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #86  
    what should
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS]
    have in it?

    anything?

    Or is that unneeded?

    I'm looking for vzw settings, but sprints would be fine to have an idea of what should be there- mine's a mess loaded with gms settings

    I tried clearing it out. Just put back the UA keys and the MMSC key- and now the measure uploads fine- all the way to 100% but then i get an error message back-

    Originator address not found

    i know my name is phonenumber@pix.vtext.com- but dont what key to put in in.
    I tried creating a key MML and MML Server Name based on other mms apps- but neither worked.

    (sorry to clutter this thread with my vz questions- but didn't want to side track the 700w/x rom thread- but maybe that's a better place?...)
    Last edited by efudd; 12/07/2008 at 11:33 PM.
  7. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    My bad. I forgot I uninstalled it.

    Ok really weird. I reinstalled tried it and it didn’t work. I exported the registry.

    I linked up to my PC to get the files off.

    I was going to give you the SMS received error message that I get when it fails, so I tried it again to get the correct error message(I deleted the old ones). This time it worked while I was connected to my PC. I disconnected and it still works.



    I found the SMS error I was getting. “network failure. This may be caused by a USB connection, server timeout or other networking problems. Try again later. Code: Error-Network-Problem”

    This message came in as a SMS message 30 sec or so after I tried to send.

    I guess I am OK. Thanks
    I guess I am not Ok.

    This is what happens consistantly. I got it working. Able to send pics.

    Soft reset. It stops working.

    Connect the Phone to the PC. (Vista in this case). Send a Picture. It works again.

    Disconnect from PC. It will continue to work until the next soft reset.

    I plan on doing a hard reset when I have some time. I have so many things installed and tweaked on my phone it's like redoing my PC.

    Any ideas?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    what should
    I'm looking for vzw settings, but sprints would be fine to have an idea of what should be there- mine's a mess loaded with gms settings

    I tried clearing it out. Just put back the UA keys and the MMSC key- and now the measure uploads fine- all the way to 100% but then i get an error message back-

    (sorry to clutter this thread with my vz questions- but didn't want to side track the 700w/x rom thread- but maybe that's a better place?...)
    The first post has the Sprint settings.

    The 700wx ROM thread has the Verizon settings.

    Beyond that, I can't really help as I don't have a Verizon phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    I guess I am not Ok.

    This is what happens consistantly. I got it working. Able to send pics.

    Soft reset. It stops working.
    Something is definitely not right.

    I'm suspecting that another MMS program you have installed is screwing up the settings somehow. Didn't you mention you had another one installed?

    What's in \Windows\Startup\?
  9. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #89  
    the first post has the entries for
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Messaging\Prefs]
    and
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\General]

    so do you not have anything set in?
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS]


    thanks
  10.    #90  
    That's just default info.


    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS]
    "Pix Place"=""
    "MaxVideoSize"=dword:00077A10
    "MaxRecipients"=dword:0000000A
    "MaxMsgSize"=dword:0007A120
    "MaxAudioSize"=dword:00077A10
    "RequestReadReceiptMmsAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "MaxPictHeight"=dword:000003C0
    "MaxPictWidth"=dword:00000500
    "SupportedVideoFormatsForSending"="ASF,3GP,3G2,MP4,MOV,MPG,MPEG"
    "SupportedAudioFormatsForSending"="MID,MIDI,QCP,AAC,WAV,MP3,AMR"
    "SupportedImageFormatsForSending"="JPEG,JPG,GIF,WBMP,BMP"
    "MMSUAProf"="http://www.electricpocket.com/UAProf/Palm/TREO650R7.xml"
    "MMSUA"="TREO650R7"
    "RequestReadReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "RequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "IsPictResolutionLimited"=dword:00000000
    "DefaultPageDuration"=dword:00001388
    "CcBccSupported"=dword:00000001
    "CanSendBlank"=dword:00000000
  11. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #91  
    I used to have sMMS. Then I installed the Sprint Picture Mail that came out.

    That's when I uninstalled sMMS.

    So now I have Sprint Picture mail and yours.

    In my Startup I have pOutlook, TA, and Voice Command.





    Something is definitely not right.

    I'm suspecting that another MMS program you have installed is screwing up the settings somehow. Didn't you mention you had another one installed?

    What's in \Windows\Startup\?[/QUOTE]
  12.    #92  
    Can you send me a dump of your registry when it's not working? Same e-mail is fine.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    I used to have sMMS. Then I installed the Sprint Picture Mail that came out.

    That's when I uninstalled sMMS.

    So now I have Sprint Picture mail and yours.

    In my Startup I have pOutlook, TA, and Voice Command.
    My new theory is that there is something in Sprint's Picturemail that is interfering.

    I'd be curious to see if other people having problems also have Sprint Picturemail installed.
  14. #94  
    Arcsoft MMS is workin again! just thought i would pass that along..
    Treo 700wx,755p,Htc Diamond...
  15. efudd's Avatar
    Posts
    697 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #95  
    thanks alot for the effort

    but no joy for me- I need to get someone with verizon to search their registry and tell me where their phonenumber@pix.vtext.com is located. I am under the impression that vz is looking for a sender name before it allows a send, and I'm pretty certain that's the format. I just need to figure out where the palm threaded app is looking for that key....

    I'm not sure but i think provisioning actually sets the value- somehow the app must ask for the value during provisioning? I tried to do over the air programming with the palm app installed and it wont program- uninstall the palm sms and it will.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's just default info.


    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Palm\Varnish\Messaging\MMS]
    "Pix Place"=""
    "MaxVideoSize"=dword:00077A10
    "MaxRecipients"=dword:0000000A
    "MaxMsgSize"=dword:0007A120
    "MaxAudioSize"=dword:00077A10
    "RequestReadReceiptMmsAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "MaxPictHeight"=dword:000003C0
    "MaxPictWidth"=dword:00000500
    "SupportedVideoFormatsForSending"="ASF,3GP,3G2,MP4,MOV,MPG,MPEG"
    "SupportedAudioFormatsForSending"="MID,MIDI,QCP,AAC,WAV,MP3,AMR"
    "SupportedImageFormatsForSending"="JPEG,JPG,GIF,WBMP,BMP"
    "MMSUAProf"="http://www.electricpocket.com/UAProf/Palm/TREO650R7.xml"
    "MMSUA"="TREO650R7"
    "RequestReadReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "RequestDeliveryReceiptAvailable"=dword:00000001
    "IsPictResolutionLimited"=dword:00000000
    "DefaultPageDuration"=dword:00001388
    "CcBccSupported"=dword:00000001
    "CanSendBlank"=dword:00000000
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by black ice View Post
    Arcsoft MMS is workin again! just thought i would pass that along..
    NICE, although I'd rather have this one workin, I re-downloaded this and was able to send off a pic, nice alternative til I figure out what's wrong with my phone....maybe it's regional why I can't get ebag's to work?
  17. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    My new theory is that there is something in Sprint's Picturemail that is interfering.

    I'd be curious to see if other people having problems also have Sprint Picturemail installed.
    Just an FYI.

    I did a hard reset. Installed your app first and still the same problem.

    Must be something with my Picture mail account with sprint.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    Just an FYI.

    I did a hard reset. Installed your app first and still the same problem.

    Must be something with my Picture mail account with sprint.
    Thanks for testing that.

    That's the only thing I can think of, is something on Sprint's end. The app's working flawlessly for myself and quite a few other people, so it's baffling why you and some others are having issues.
  19. joems's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #99  
    Ok. I rarely send Picture messages, but some some reason I still find myself trying to figure out what is going on. Too funny.

    I found that if I connect via Wifi and send a Picture message it works. Then disconnect and it still works.

    Then a soft reset breaks it again.

    Does this information spark any new ideas on the problem?
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by joems View Post
    Ok. I rarely send Picture messages, but some some reason I still find myself trying to figure out what is going on. Too funny.

    I found that if I connect via Wifi and send a Picture message it works. Then disconnect and it still works.

    Then a soft reset breaks it again.

    Does this information spark any new ideas on the problem?
    Nope.

    Especially since I soft reset just before testing it when I was getting it all working. Makes no sense why a soft reset breaks it for you.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions