Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Not a problem...
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's easy.

Install the "official" Sprint version which adds this feature.

Install Ebags version which offers the Palm threaded version.

Both work together as far as I can tell--best of both worlds.
    I have installed the "official" Sprint version. When I highlight a picture in the pictures and videos window and select "send", I get the "Select an Account" screen with email accounts listed along with a grayed out "SMS" option that I am unable to select. Are you saying that you can select SMS as an account option to send from?
  3.    #63  
    The official Sprint version should add an account to pocket outlook which allows you to send SMS's from the program. You can't receive there however.

If you don't have that (I think it's called Picture Mail), then it doesn't sound like it's properly installed.
    It seems like it works well except it sent me back a text message (after trying to send a pic) that said something along the lines of: Sprint picture mail ends jan 4th and I either needed to accept or decline a picture mail account.

I have unlimited texting and unlimited data. Doesnt picture mail fall underneath that?
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samboy View Post
    I have installed the "official" Sprint version. When I highlight a picture in the pictures and videos window and select "send", I get the "Select an Account" screen with email accounts listed along with a grayed out "SMS" option that I am unable to select. Are you saying that you can select SMS as an account option to send from?
    Did you run "Configure Picture Mail" in your programs?
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    I installed the cab but no dice. I get the message:

MMS Delivery Failed
    Could not deliver message. Message expired or Message rejected

...and when I receive picturemail, it's the same as always, with a hyperlink. Any thoughts?

I have the same problem. I have 2 800w phones. One that I have a bunch of software on, including sMMS, Schapps Advanced Config, etc ... And another one that is a stock install, with JUST the MMS application installed.

Both phones are able to send MMS via the Sprint PictureMail MMS program. But neither works inside the threaded SMS application. The problem is there, but when you try to send, I get the same error.

I have checked the MMS setting in the threaded SMS program, and have tried "The Internet" "Default" etc, and no change.

Anyone have any other thoughts?
    As badly as I want to embrace this program, it sporadic. Sometimes it works, other times I get error messages. What are the Advanced Options supposed to be? How do we determine what our global connection's name is? I do believe mine is "My ISP" so I'm assuming the 800w ships with that as default.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanC1906 View Post
    As badly as I want to embrace this program, it sporadic. Sometimes it works, other times I get error messages. What are the Advanced Options supposed to be? How do we determine what our global connection's name is? I do believe mine is "My ISP" so I'm assuming the 800w ships with that as default.

I have never been able to get this to work. While i can use the SprintMail MMS program to send pics with no problem, anytime I try to send them from the Palm SMS application, I get the unable to deliver message. I have the right URL and port number in there, so this is something weird. I can't explain it. Very frustrating!
  9.    #69  
    The only thing I can say is....

Hard reset and try it clean. It's working perfectly for many people. Something that you guys installed is conflicting.

The only other thing I can think of is some of you might not have Picturemail (it's a separate service from data/messaging), or only have a trial that has expired.
    After re-installing the cab file today I was able to send both a pic with a text message included. Both arrived at their destination in tact.

IGo
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    i got the ebag's cab working but where do i find the "sprint" version?
    Just go to your Software Store Icon(on your 800w)then choose "Free/Demo" click & download "Picture Mail Application Available NOW!"
    thank you sir
    hi.
    after taking a picture, is there a way to mms it directly? or do i have to scroll to the picture storage location and send it from there? thnx
    I also get the unable to deliver message and noticed that there's an icon that shows the progress in the upper right corner and mine stops at 10% if that's any help as to why it's not working for some? Have yet to try the hard reset on min.

Edit: After hard reset only installed the cab, still went to 10% and can't deliver.
    Last edited by dragoces; 12/06/2008 at 12:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Did you run "Configure Picture Mail" in your programs?
    Yes, I ran the "Configure Picture Mail", and I have the "send picture mail" option from pics and videos. The only thing that I can't access is the "SMS" mailbox from the account picker screen.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    When I first installed it worked fine.

I was able to send pics with no errors.

A day later I tried to send a vcard, just to see if it would work. It failed.

Since then I have not been able to send any pictures. It stops at 10%.

The Sprint Cab works fine.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstall. Still does not work.
  18.    #78  
    For those of you who it isn't working, I'm going to need a registry dump in order to figure this out.

You can PM me for where to send it.
    I've been using it with great success. I also don't have Sprint's new pic mail cab installed or sMMS, if that makes a difference. I might install sMMS in the next few days and see if that changes anything.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For those of you who it isn't working, I'm going to need a registry dump in order to figure this out.

You can PM me for where to send it.
    Ebag

I an pretty much a noobie. When you say dump.

It that a just a backup using PHM Registry editor?

Also... Really no need to spend your valuable time on this. I rarely send pic messages anyway. I just love tweaking the phone whenever possible.

If you are working on new apps for the phone that is more important.

But if this problem is bugging you we can move forward.

Thanks
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast