Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    well it was working but not anymore. lol
  2.    #182  
    That setting will mean that an incoming call can't interrupt your data connection. So you can miss calls.

Do you have an active data connection when using it?
    I keep getting the "Installation......Unsuccessful" message when I try to install this cab.
    I even re-downloaded it, tried to install from the card, tried to install from the phone, no luck.

Anyone else having this problem?

I originally had sMMS. Uninstalled it, did a soft reset, then tried to insstall this cab.
    I'm bummed.
  4.    #184  
    Did you soft reset before installing?

sMMS may not have uninstalled cleanly. In which case you'd need to hard reset.
  5. r2m
    amazing
    thanks!
    When I had mine working last night it was after I did a hard reset. I put 3 or 4 things on from the 800w sticky 800w specific software thread and then it stopped working. I uninstalled I think all of them and it still isn't working. Are you suppose to have Sprints updated picture mail for WM or not? I have picture mail. How do you tell you have a active data connection when using it? When I send the picture I see something like arrows and it says a percent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Did you soft reset before installing?

sMMS may not have uninstalled cleanly. In which case you'd need to hard reset.
    Yea, i did.

I really don't want to hard reset. I have Sprite backup but don't want to have to fiddle with everything.

EBag: If I edit (add) in the registry changes in the first post, do you think it will work, or do you think the issue causing the installation failure will ultimately cause an issue with your enhancement?
    Last edited by jabo; 02/06/2009 at 01:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Friggin awesome, I just traded in my 680 for the 800W a few days ago. and switching from palm to winmo is something I've been putting off for a while since I have been using palm os for a long long time and have loads of software and data in my palm os and didn't want to find suitable replacements for what I have grown accustomed to, but relunctantly I finally gave in and after spending the last few days getting setup and comfortable I finally realized that even after all my research I must of overlooked the fact that the 800W does not have pic messenging!! So after spending a few hours last night pissed off scouring the web I tried sprints half *** pic messenging that would lock up my today screen, was slow, and just seemed buggy, then I found sMMS which it worked but really didn't fit my simplistic taste.

So after even more googling, I found this, and I just want to say whoever is responsible for this I want to kiss you right on your friggin lips. (well as long as it keeps working past my first two test messages that is)
  9.    #189  
    I'll take partial credit for that. The part of the credit that doesn't get the kiss.

Be sure to look at the FAQ. Lots of other goodies in there:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...ead-first.html
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Fine, I'll save my kisses for someone else

Now I'm probably getting picky but is there a reg setting or another option/tweak to get the 'send' option from the pictures menu to work? I tried the arcsoft program (which from what I've read and just saw is working again now) but I think having the whole arcsoft installed just for that one menu option is a bit overkill since the mms box didn't work for crap and I don't like the interface of the composer. So all in all this fix is by far the best and most streamlined I can think of.

I don't mind clicking the link to receive pics and like having it in the threaded messenging but it would be nifty to be able to go to menu -> send directly from my pictures and have it load to the stock messenging program now that it's fixed thanks to you guys.

Cmon, there's gotta be a registry entry somewhere that controls the path for that one single menu item.
  11.    #191  
    I think you can sorta do that with the Sprint MMS program, but that uses Pocket Outlook to send.

I just use the interface in Palm's program.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ya that's what I figured, I'm content using this method for now. I'd like the sprint mms option in the future but I think I'll wait for another release, cause when I installed it, it was more than just a little buggy and not worth the effort.
    Well, Did a hard reset and it installed just fine!

Thanks Ebag!

I just wish I had this at the Super Bowl. I stopped sending pics because it took too long to do it with sMMS.

FYI, not sure what the issue was that was preventing me from installing.

If it wasn't the prior install of sMMS, I am thinking it may have been from a prior install of Dashwire.
    I love this hack, but lately I had some problems. I was sending numerous picture messages to numerous people and my SMS & MMS just stopped working. I had to resort to a hard reset so I will be able to SMS again. This also happened to me twice this week already. Anyone else had this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysdon04 View Post
    I love this hack, but lately I had some problems. I was sending numerous picture messages to numerous people and my SMS & MMS just stopped working. I had to resort to a hard reset so I will be able to SMS again. This also happened to me twice this week already. Anyone else had this problem?
    I had problems last night, but it does happen every few weeks. Its not the hack, its Sprint, at least for me it is. When the morning comes, its all good. Seems like Sprint updating something in their system.
    works great... i've installed it in 2 phones and they work perfect.. thanks alot
    This is great but can we receive MMS yet thru the palm threaded like on GSM phones? The text message link is not bad but some MMS messages I receive that have motion to the MMS with sound or pictures with a sound file attached will not always come thru. Now I know they have figured this out with the touch pro and this guy can now receive MMS just like a gsm phone. Also I think the sprint treo pro receives MMS like a gsm phone as well with full mms.
    I like how sMMS automatically intercepted and downloaded incoming picture mail. Since my last hard reset I've installed the MMS in Palm Threaded Messaging, which is great for sending, but can I also reinstall sMMS just to intercept the incoming picture mails?

Or will they conflict and blow up my phone?
    i500 --> 6700 --> 6800 --> 800w
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterXtreme View Post
    I like how sMMS automatically intercepted and downloaded incoming picture mail. Since my last hard reset I've installed the MMS in Palm Threaded Messaging, which is great for sending, but can I also reinstall sMMS just to intercept the incoming picture mails?

Or will they conflict and blow up my phone?
    You can re-install smms for intercept only. I have my phone set up like that and it works nicely.
    how do i run this on my treo 800w I don't know how how 2.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast