Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I updated my phone to Windows 6 last night, and used Sprite backup to restore everything. Thought everything was working good until I started sending and receiving calls. All my names and numbers are in my contacts, but if I go there and select a person and call them, it pops up and says "unknown caller" as I'm calling them instead of showing their name. Same story when they call me. So, with the numbers in my contacts, why is it acting like they're not there? Thanks,

Justin
    You cannot use a backup system to backup a WM5 database and restore on WM6.

A program such as Dashwire, or using Exchange to backup your contacts will work.

You can fix it one of two ways.

1. You can hard reset and enter your contacts manually.
    2. Flash to WM5, restore your DB, backup via another program (such as Dashwire), then flash back to WM6 and use the program to restore your contacts.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I see, I should have done a little more research. How can I flash back to WM5? Thanks,

Justin
    Sprite Backup has an "uprade" feature that is supposed to restore properly after an upgrade.

The easiest thing to do at this point is a hard reset, sync to restore contacts, etc., and manually re-install programs.

Go to the sticky thread on Custom ROMs to learn how to go back to WM5. But... while you are there you can learn how to upgrade to WM 6.1.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    That's what I thought Sprite was supposed to do. Everything was pretty much restored when I used it, only had to fix a couple of things myself. Then this popped up.
    You mention sync to restore contacts, I was never aware it was backing up my contacts when I synced my phone. Do you care to explain? Thanks!

Justin
    Last edited by jbcollier22; 11/30/2008 at 06:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcollier22 View Post
    That's what I thought Sprite was supposed to do. Everything was pretty much restored when I used it, only had to fix a couple of things myself. Then this popped up.
    You mention sync to restore contacts, I was never aware it was backing up my contacts when I synced my phone. Do you care to explain? Thanks!

Justin
    Most people "Backup" their Contacts by synchronizing with MS Outlook Contacts on their PC.

-Frank